Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what is your theory on life? - Page 9

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im having trouble percieving this the way you do, but ill try..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
[  Edited by analytical29 at   ]
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm sorry, I don't quite get what you mean. I understand about just seeing people without thought, but I don't comprehend how that'll help me understand myself.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think the dimensions are controlled by us. Dimensions are the alterations we make in our perceptions. This is why there are infinite dimensions because everyone has, infinite dimensions to create. The ability.

Im not really sure what 730 is trying to say. But I've felt things like what he's talking about. Things you cant really describe logically in words...

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 36yrs • M •
oh analytical,

your having trouble "interpreting"..not perceiving. Unless your perception isn't functioning. lol

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^see when you don't think of what you see you're open to understanding everything in sight. Without the process of thought hindering you to make any judgements cuz when you see a person that's you seeing yourself in action. people act like you!....however a person moves, however they speak, whatever they do, is the same thing that you would. And seeing this without thought will only make you understand who and what you are...and what your purpose is as a being.....

When you put thought in this equation, you tend to judge, you tend to wonder and be amazed at what you 'Think" you understand.....when in reality, you're just creating another illusion...and when judgement comes into play you're only putting yourself into a trap, and leaving yourself vulnerable to be judged....therefore see without thinking, and understand yourself and understanding yourself....you understand the universe, and maybe even beyond...

"Being is not knowing!"
 36yrs • M •
Very nice, ignorance is bliss.

But you have understand first, why you choose to be ignorant.(passive/nonjudgemental).

Otherwise the experience isnt as rich...you dont understand what your feeling.

36yrs • M •
Besides, this passive interpretation will only last until something sets off your judgement. Like a soft ball thrown at the back of your head. Your going to react and pass judgment. You have to pass judgement to a certain extent to even hold a conversation with someone. Limiting speech, attempting to sense the vibe. Deciding whether or not you should kick the ass of the guy who threw the soft ball, while an officer is present. lol

38yrs • M •
lol...haha.....true, but if you understand yourself then you would realize that the soft ball hitting your head was really nothing at all....it's "whatever"....turn around pick it up and throw it back and keep going on with your day......Harmony! Judgement has no place in harmony, and harmony means no communication really...that's true, but it means knowing. And if everybody is knowing then true movement can take place resulting in the perfect relationship.....Chaos is necessary for this life, but chaos only exists to prepare you for the life you need to have or supposed to have....

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
i didn't mean i couldn't percieve it ekimup...

i was just having trouble percieving it the way 730 did....

ignorance is bliss......the matrix

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that we need to take a time out here. I beleive that there is a concept most pertennant to our ideas as philosophers, that most people are not aware of. As I read these ideas from my fellow philosophers I get the same base idea from everyone. True, some of these ideas are black and some are white. But they are all still coloers. Most of us think in the same realm all the time.
The thing that changes us as philosophers is a relization. All of us must agree that at the base level we know nothing. Any philosopher would agree to this. True that we may have ideas that are logical to us and seem most real, but we still do not know anything.
So I bring you a relization if you wish to accept it. Think for a moment, maybe the very idea of philosophy is a waste of time. Maybe in the end we will fade into none existence. Most people can not fathom this concept. It may be that truth is all that is (existensial) and if this is so, than that makes it irrelevant in our realm of thought. When we die there may be nothing. There is as much possibility of this as there is in my philosohpy of 'Godhood'. 730 talks of chaos on this realm so that we can learn. That is not a logical idea. Logic would say that there is as much chance of chaos in the after life as there is in this life.
Everyone thinks that after we die things will be good if we did all that was required in this realm. We have no proof in this. There is no magic ticket that says things will be good for us in the end. There is no proof of eternal happiness or even of eternal peace.
So then I bring you my relization. When we talk of philosophy it is because we are the type of people who are releiant on truth ( or what we perceive it to be). We can not rely on anything, because there is no proof of anything. We cannot beleive in God, for if we do we have created a crutch for our souls. We are ships floating in a sea of (who know's what). We say something moves us, and we call it the wind, and we say that we will reach a safe place, and we call it land. But the sad truth is we may sink into a sea of nothing.
This does not mean we must be sad. This does not mean we can not talk of philosophy. We just can not do it with the intent of proveing anything (wether that is to oursevles or to others). We can not try to prove what truth is. When we talk of philosophy that's what we are trying to do. Prove truth the best way we can. But we can't, and on this earth we never will be able to.
If this is so, that make all philosohpy pointless. All we can do is live, untill the end. You still ask (how are we supposed to live?). We don't know. Just live. Wondering is good, but it is good for nothing.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 38yrs • M •
^^exactly....but if you're speaking A truth...does that make you a philosopher?? or does that make you a person who speaks truth?......I agree with you in totality, that's why I'm going to stop N get off this site, because I realize that i'm doing more harm than good when speaking what I understand....If it is somehow drawn from me in some way people will know....and even then I would be skeptical to tell.. Time...haha...blame me for all these problems with the world today...all these questions...all these answers.....hahaha... It was nice conversating with the lot of you....I gotta make my leave now...peace and blessings be with you

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
aww look what you did conway now we lost 730!!

we cant be sure of anything (even the fact that we can't be sure that we can't be sure)so conway how can you be sure when you say that wondering is good for nothing?

if you're assuming that it will not help you reach a certain goal then ok.. but maybe our goal in life is to be analytical..

plz come back 730 we cant lose anymore philosophers to the "mindless drones.."

38yrs • M •
^^it's not mindless... ..Conway is truly right....when all your time is spent wondering you spend no time (considering there is something called time) noticing. you spend no time knowing, but instead all your energy is spent trying to understand. I'm not a philosopher, i'm just a kid who loves reality and wants to let people know how simple life really is....that's it. And being in situations like this really isn't helping at all.....I'm named 730 for two reasons...1 because it means crazy...street slang..lol...2 because it's a moment in time, and that's the only place where we can live, only place where life exists only place I need to be...it's cool to step out on occasion and try to let people know what's up with life but that's dangerous...cuz I'm not trying to go too far....testing the waters is wrong, there's no grey area that's a firm ground... so now that you can think about your understanding...learn from yourself.....and after you start learning from yourself, see life without thought...then you will know yourself....... I'll drop by now N then to say wusup...but be ez

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
alright just remember the idea of this place..

peace, and good luck in all of your endeavors..

[  Edited by analytical29 at   ]
 36yrs • M •
Sigh'. Just because i agreed with your P.O.V. doesnt mean you should act like a messiah...

You'll be back, but if you arent..its surely better to leave on a strong note.

I think the chaos that 730 is talking about is needed for a better life, because once we learn our limits within truth...we can live a better life. If the mother fcker is hott..dont touch it. Save yourself a lot of trouble. The life he's talking about is this one, just different stages/levels of it.

call me crazy. But i tried the 0 thought technique..without judgement. I just relaxed. I let everything go (on the ride to school this morning.) It was a shitty day, it was sticky and humid out, i felt like shit. And some faggot kid sat infront of me. This guy was someone i wouldnt piss on if he had been on fire. And i stopped for a minute and lost all judgement and conclusion for even the smallest things. Clothing, facial expressions, gestures, haircuts, body shape...and i felt everyone exactly as 730 described.

Its is very possible to believe that all is pointless. Once i saw us all as the same...i realized the only thing that we choose to set us apart, are our ideas and conclusions we draw from life. It was scary, because there was no difference between me and this nigga ass fagmo bia infront of me. It was scary.

Then i pictured the death of one of us. I remembered back to a time where i felt like i was dying. I blacked-out once after hitting my leg on a rail skateboarding, and it was some scary shit. Theres no dark tunnel with a light at the end. It was nothing. Non-existential...it was the worst thing ever. It was a blanket of black. You feel the emptiness..in your lungs. The feeling you get when your swimming up after a deep dive in the pool, except you have no will to breathe. Its not second nature. You no longer control you lungs.. Your heart doesnt beat. Its nothing.

It was only scary because, i know what it is to "live".

Im telling you. No matter what standards of life you set for yourself, or how tough you think you are..or what religion lets you sleep at night, This emptiness would have terrified anyone... it seriously was the scariest thing ever.

and i wish that was just an opinion.

what is your theory on life? - Page 9
  5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy