Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what is your theory on life? - Page 13

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
is this why ekimup stopped coming around

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Are my views disturbing to you analytical29. If so why have you not argued the point. Is it because you can't. Or is it because I have a better grip on anguish and sandess then you do. I do not mean to run people away. But now you are implying that my views are no longer welcome on this site. Tell me analytical what is it that you think you know.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if you no longer question... and question all.... you are no longer a philosopher. yes it gets tiring, yes it gets old, but there is always more out there. at some point you figure out that few people care what your opinions are. many may be interested, but few really care. then your journey becomes much more internal.... and much more satisfying.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 32yrs • M •
hiroki takmisha is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
which god

"Belive or lose all"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've always wondered why many people refute the existence of a higher power or powers, i.e., God or gods, simply because they cannot reconcile their intelligence with the naivity of traditional and contemporary religious thought. I do not agree with the ideas and beliefs of any modern religions, including christianity, but that does not mean I do not believe in a higher power that created the universe. And as for evolution, if one studies the strange characteristics of space and time and incorporates them into a new understanding of what a higher being may perceive via a radically different experience of space and time, then evolution and creation may be the same thing for such a higher being, and evolution only for us.

Believing in God is not the exclusive right of religious dogma, just a characteristic of it.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 35yrs • M •

37yrs • M •
Ok conway I don't think I know anything. I'm not sure what you are talking about.. I never implied that your views are no longer welcome.

I do have something to point out tho.. you said:

"But come on guys we are philosophers, let us not get caught up in word games. We all know to the best of our abliitys what nothing is. It is the lack of anything. Mind, souls, emoitions, and cookies! Arrrrrgh! We waste our time speaking of such things we shall never know and have no bareing on our enlightenment."

How can we waste our time speaking of such things unless our goal is to do something else. Define wasting time..

[  Edited by analytical29 at   ]
 35yrs • M •

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Analytical: ---"How can we waste our time speaking of such things unless our goal is to do something else. Define wasting time.."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
----

Conway:---"let us not get caught up in word games..."

"We all know to the best of our abliitys what nothing is. It is the lack of anything"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
----

Conway was making a point..and you just made yourself a prime example.

good job

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 37yrs • M •
haha, look who's back.. ok I know what conway was saying, that since we won't ever know we can't be enlightened by it. what I'm saying tho is that you can't waste time..

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
...define "wasting time"

i think the point conway was making, was that philosophy could be pointless because it over-analyzis to the point where you begin questioning the very definition of the words you use. (i.e.,in presenting a theory).

he wasnt stating that we traditionally "waste time". I think conway understands that "time" is a word, and all of existence exists in a single perpetual moment.

how can we waste time when there's no time to waste? There are better more efficient ways to "utilize" time..so in a sense, its very possible to waste it if your not doing what you want with it.(i.e.-your intended goal)

What conway is saying,( again, i think..) is that if philosophers are indeed in search of truth and knowledge...it most likely wouldnt be found in our words.

and since truth is also understood to exist, with or without ones knowledge or consent...i believe our words are a waste of time. Because they're not achieving our .."intended goal." which would be understanding and enlightenment.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thats what makes this website so damn funny. we all come here to seek answers, find truth. but its probably the most ineffecient and unproductive way of doing so. sad thing is more gets accomplished here than in the "real" world.

kinda ties in to the thread about being "fake" a little bit...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •

37yrs • M •
haha but that is what this site is about ekimup.. questioning things..you have gone back to not questioning things.. so why did you come back here then? maybe you are trying to satisfy yourself by making us think the way you do.. but if you know that your right why do you feel the need to convince us that you are?

wyote very funny observation.. i do get more accomplished here than in the "real" world..

what is your theory on life? - Page 13
  9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy