If a person spent five minutes before they committed a crime, prisons would have no inmates. - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what is your theory on life? - Page 6

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
life is like a box of chocolates

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well wraith, thats what you implied with your boulder example.

anyway, how is the future set in stone..? I can understand the past, but although future is almost certain..its not set in stone.

future is a word describing the time ahead of the present. How is there time ahead of the present? Your into infinite factors...cause and effect. Logical reasoning..then how is the time ahead of us set in stone. It doesnt exist and theres no solid evidence that it will...unless you refer to the present.*(when future becomes present)

but then its no longer future.. past has happened, But it no longer is. Our memories, store pictures we place into our brain from what we call the "past".. but the images we pull from our mind, are pulled from within this moment. From the present.

As i said, nothing can exist but what exists now in the present. If you chose to think " all of time" was a way to think on a higher level...then i dont see why you'd be assuming that choice was not on the same level as time. Since choice exists, while past and future do not.

if choice is the roll of the dice, and it has infinite factors...then it cant be predetermined. Its as "magical" as you claim, that i stated it was. If its infinite, then it is a random happening. because the factors cant be deciphered. Infinity is an awfuly large number...

Maybe you should think on a higher level of existence.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My friends what is this time you speak of! Pretend for a moment that we are all Gods. We ask ourselfs "time?". This is an irrelevant factor. We all laugh. We are the present, past, and future. On this plane we are forced to deal with what we call time, only because our 'clock work brains' , to quote ekimup, is all that we can deal with. Man does not possess the abiltity to live in all time, this is because we could not mentally handel it. Time does not exist as we think of it to be. So if it is irrelevant than why bother asking ourselfs of it. Yes, partly to enlighten, but to carry on with it in this manner is a "waste of time", pardon the pun. The best thing we can do with the subject of time is take it and play with it, with good intentions of course. I do not mean this litereally, I mean this in the everyday moment to moment.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 39yrs • M •
All philosophers are obsessed with the question why? We starve to answer what we don't know. Often is the case were we can not answer what we don't know. So a time will come in all philosophers lifes when they must learn to be happy with out finding the answers.

"A bit of wisdom for the young-un's out there" (lol).

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 37yrs • M •
well put conway understand that we don't understand and you'll be wise

37yrs • M •
I would like to take a moment to apologize for my indistinctive ideas before.

After reading and better understanding you ekimup and conway I've come to realize how intellectual you guys really are. I too would be enlightened if I could be referred to as a philosopher as well.

It's late again but i think this is when my mind starts thinking philosophically. First I want to mention how much I respect and agree with ekimup's views on the quest for truth understanding and meaning (which is why im saying this right now) and conway's new and startling revelations.

I believe that there is an explanation for everything that is. Also, i believe that every once in a while you just "get it" like you see the light everything makes sense even the things that don't make sense somehow just go away. (most people feel "infinite" in these moments) But this goes away and agian your lost in confusion and sadness. That's what it is to be human.

Most things will be repeated. But I believe you should look at the numbers of people who still hope. Which gives me hope.

I would love to just announce that to the whole world that god exists. But I know better to, so i will keep my beliefs to myself.

I've noticed tho even people who dont believe in any religion are generally good people.

Sadness bring you back to reality. The happy are what seem to be fools at times. But the truly happy people know reality more securely.

You are smarter than me but yet you still respect me. Perhaps I am upset cuz i dont understand this. I respect and at the same time envy you for that ekimup.

I think you have great potential and should think about writing a book.

I would love to discuss more philosophy with you. I have thoughts and ideas that are not fully blossomed if you will. But i like your insight and think you are wise.

I know there are deeper meanings to everything and we should analyze it all.

I have these unclear thoughts about time, problems, and just questions that I would like to discuss.

I don't know maybe some chemicals in your head allow you to draw up such theories as you have but I want to enrich myself thro your thoughts and ideas.............

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Life is simple we make it complicated!

The meaning of this mortal life is but one thing to reproduce that's it.....

What you should be asking yourselves is what the point of my spiritual existence is.

i have constructed a intricate belief system over the past 3 years and im still learning but right now i believe that you must seek truth; you become spiritually educated during your lifetime as does your essence/soul and until you fully understand the meaning of existence you will continue doing so over and over again from diff perspectives (reincarnation), there are things in this universe and beyond that 'toy' with ppl like us coincidence does not exists...

Well this is just my opinion but I have learnt one thing always debate it's the best way to learn. Be a hypocrite by right...

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wow, analytical...im extremely flattered.

I've actually been attempting to write a book...but im no good at structure. I make my point too fast. I dont think i could fill an entire book, regardless of how many examples i used to represent different ideas.

As for respect, i have no reason not to give that to you. You deserve as much respect as i would give anyone else, until you've disrespected me.(which you havent) You just stated ideas... and you probably wouldnt have realized this if I got "crunk" on you. lol.

I couldnt write the things i do if i allowed my ego to get the best of me.

i gotta go to school for now...

but i'll reply more to your post when i return. thanks again for your exceptional respect...and willingness to admit a fault. That is truly a gift.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 39yrs • M •
Analytical, the most enlightend of men are those who know when they are wrong. Time is what brings enlightenment. Do not fear anything in life. All things are a learning curve. Once one realizes the importance of riseing above the normal man, he has taken the first steps.
Ekimup, I am interestend your views of fate. Obviously you don't beleive in it, being that you are completely on the side of choice. However I think there are some cases were we don't get to choose. I think fate may be a balance just like everything else. There is fate, but ironically it gives you options. I really haven't fully thought about it, so please give me your ideas.

37yrs • M •
I like that conway.. I think that's a marvelous new way to look at fate. That is what I was talking about when I said you have startling ideas. My perception of what you are saying is that fate only takes us so far with the considerable things but once we get there we have to make the trifling selections that ultimately make the achieved, or the closing decision.

I was being very candid with every compliment I gave you ekimup and honestly just want peace with another fellow observer. I am trying to reach that finale state of enlightenment or self-actualization these discussions very much help me do so. I find that I can get more out of life if I try not to be self centered. I'm reading a book that says you should let others talk and actually listen to what they have to say without interrupting them.

So conway and ekimup my next question involves love and hate. Is there a close relation between the two? How can something so unselfish (whereas you would give up your life for someone else) turn into complete selfishness (whereas you could kill that same person)? I think there is a fine line between the two. Is that good?

I'll end my cast of doubt on the age old question. What is love? I have examined all kind of love. I still inquest upon that very inexplicable challenge to comprehend love tho. Is it the impulse for wisdom? The desire for truth as plato said? Beauty? What is it? Knowledge maybe. Does god need love? I do know that love is eternal. Once you have seen true beauty you will no longer care about the things that used to take your breath away. This has happened to me.

reason is always present, even at times when people act in an irrational manner reason remains present
perhaps my reason for questioning love is cuz i dont get that feeling of love as much as i used to...

SO Plzzzzz give me your insights on this subject guys.......
thank you..

[  Edited by analytical29 at   ]
 35yrs • M •

35yrs • M •

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^reading the future you're right you can't....hoping for a future..how?....you know that if a hand is comming towards your face in the present....then you're gonna have pain in the future?...is that what you're saying?.....because if a hand comes at your face in the present, every movement becomes a past until impact and then your pain is not in the future but in the NOW!....your thoughts of getting hit were in the present before you got hit and when you got hit they were in the now.... How simple of man to think that there is something more than what's infront of their faces...you're on the verge of living and people still seek to live more?...why?...what's the point of it?.......we live in the future, we live in the present, and we live in the past, everything happens now only our consciousness seems to want to determine intervals between the occurences....curiosity killed the cat, you're complicating things to much...for all you seekers of knowledge and understanding.....Take a look at your life, try doing anything in the past or future....all action, knowledge, breath, life is in the NOW........that's it there's nothing more... so like sleepingW said...IF the exact situation played out the same, then it would be the exact way it is NOW.....

"Being is not knowing!"
 35yrs • M •

what is your theory on life? - Page 6
  2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy