Voila! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. - Hugo Weaving as "V"
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what is your theory on life? - Page 2

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Perhaps the flaw in our species search for meaning is its emphasis on itself. The meaning of life may, in fact, be the meaning of lives. Continuation, reproduction, moving with the current. After you have lived and died, maybe you will be gifted the meaning of youre individual existance. Maybe not. Maybe there isnt a meaning to life. Whose to say that there is one steriotypical meanintg to life that everyone has to go by. Even saying that there is a possible singular meaning to life is foolish. Life love and happiness and god. Im tanked. and theres you're meaning.

"dont got one"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that HaiderKhan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am so relieved. I just joined this site on 3/11/05. Finally i have found people who think like me. I always go to school, and wonder how these idiotic people live their lives. Girl-friends, Boy-friends, parties, weed, homework, beer, BAH! I hate society. Most of our youth is corrupted. I have spent many years just lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, wondering what the purpose of my life is.

I dont believe in any religion, but i do believe that there is some sort of universal power that binds the universe together. People these days are so idiotic, they blame their mistakes on other people, and ask God for help. People should help themselves, they should gain experiance and learn from it. But no they will ask God for a miracle, people are lazy as Jev stated.

I think life is all about stating different opinions, because variety is the spice of life. Without arguments we wouldnt form theories, with out theories we wouldnt form knowledge.

"Life is a dream, when you wake up the real journey begins"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wholly...If saying there is a "possible" meaning to life, is foolish, than stating "Life love and happiness...and god"
is something a mindless drone would say...

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Haider--

I totally agree. People these days wont take responsability for their own actions. And when they do, they use the cop out- "well everything happens for a reason". I recently broke up with a girlfriend of mine, she cheated on me. I thought we had love, but it turns out I was wrong. I guess I had love, not her. Her response to what she had done was "Im so sorry, I know I hurt you, and Im really sorry, I never thought things would turn out like this, but everything happens for a reason." I personally believe that things happen because of the choices people make (obviously), they do not happen for a reason, they happen because the people (teens I guess, maybe adults too), are selfish to NO end. They want what they want, and they will do whatever needs to be done to fullfill their want at that certain time. Heres a quote that I read...pretty interesting...

i wish i could claim these words as my own, but they've come from someone that understands this world far better than i could ever imagine. in a time of disposable love and faith based upon circumstance, a time where we'd rather watch someone else's life broadcast on our television than take part in our own triumphs & tragedies, a time where i know that i'm not the only one that has a need that no prescription or product can even begin to fulfill... i'll never claim to have any of the answers, only the same questions as everyone else. so take joy in being ignorant with me, for ignorance is bliss. i was once told that what seperates intelligence and genius is realizing how little you really know & what seperates faith and blindness is a thing called hope.

Sorry if I got off topic, im pretty sure I did.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ekimup says his philoshopy is based on understanding and defenites. He is wrong. In this life we can have no certain defenites or certain understanding. All we can know for certain is nothing at all. The only thing we can have is hope in our individual philosophies.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 36yrs • M •
..but my philosophy IS based on understanding and definites.

What i think you mean to say is that my philosophy isnt a true representation of the world you live in.
How do you know im wrong? You cant be certain of anything...remember? Your an undecided entity. You couldnt decipher your own perception let alone someone elses. You say you cant be certain of anything. Then how is it possible that you are SURE...of that fact?(the uncertainty)

There are many things you can be certain of.
But lets apply your philosophy for a moment... i cant be certain of anything. I cant be certain that im typing on this keyboard right now, I cant be certain that im even alive huh? What is alive? i cant be certain i even know what that is..

Do you take shits in the sink?.Maybe you do. But for the most part, you go in the toilet huh? You dont just shit anywhere because "you dont know" or "arent certain".

But you ARE certain. Your certain that your shit goes in the toilet, and that this technique has been proven effective.

Now i know im talking about "physical" ...but this action, the shitting, was a choice by you. You decide when to follow through, what to and what not to believe. Sometimes it moves you forward, sometimes it leaves little piles of doo everywhere. And thats how you learn the best route.

Now i believe that your philosophy is wrong..because it doesnt apply to me. I can live with some truth.

You dont agree with mine because it counter-acts yours. In fact, your "theory" counter-acts every theory known to man...not to mention itself. I could go on for days and days about how stupid it was for someone, who is so unsure about the world they live in, to post a theory... and, manage to oppose someone elses. Isnt there anything in you that is real, and true? I mean really think about that. I know what you mean when you say you cant be sure of anything, but thats just another cop-out. You have to be selective. Not state, that anything and everything your world consists of is an uncertainty.

I bet that would make you pretty dry. Almost lifeless. Believing and having faith in a philosophy that states nothing is certain. But i guess you dont care much to see what im attempting to say. Because im not a certainty...heck! your not even a certainty! Lets go die.

..by the way, if you want to send me an email..or ask me any questions about my philosophies or theories, i would gladly break them down. I dont have a problem with anyones questions. Me and Chesser selted what appeared to be a feud.. but nothing more than a disagreement using this "technique". lol. Now i think we see eye to eye.

I'll lay the pieces in front of you..and you can decide what to do with them.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 36yrs • M •
oh, conway..i almost forgot one thing. "self awareness is all thats certain."

thats where i almost agree with you. I believe the only thing a person can interpret is their perception. Thats where you come up with a right and wrong. Truth and falacy. Certain and uncertain.

..but self awareness is NOT all thats certain, even if your bound by the confines of your own perception.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 35yrs • M •

36yrs • M •
Ok, nice examination sleep. I guess that everything i say, and observations i make, can be wrong...but can also be right.

I was just explaining why i thought different...and attempted to share a view.

My point wasnt that i was correct. I did state that i simply did not agree with his so called theory. "

Now the point im making is..that somethings are certain, whether we percieve or believe different. This, and my small bit of egotism, lead me to fully believe that there are some certainties in any portion of any life. Regardless of whether or not my perception is misunderstood, wrong, misrepresented, etc...

But i've made it clear that perception can niether be fully understood or trusted...and thats all we have. I see the point your making.

One certainty i can pull from this, that still proves conways "theory" incorrect, is that everyone has a perception, and they choose how they interpret it.

Your egotism is quite irritable btw, but i think i would enjoy chatting with you.

..i cant tell if your attempting to introduce yourself, or if you actual oppose anything im saying.

if you would have read my posts( which clearly you have) you would have seen my point. and thus you have no..argument.

What really has me thinkin is, i percieve you to be somewhat of a smart person..but why is it that someone as smart as yourself, would feel the need to take whats already been made abundantly clear, dishevel it...and spit it back out in a fairly uncommon array of words used only to draw attention and is, but a deperate attempt for admiration?

..it must be the ego.

35yrs • M •

36yrs • M •
"You know that there is only existence"...isnt that just your interpreted perception?

You make a very good point. Given this is true.. existence..which all percieve it to be. Then that would indeed be a certainty in ANY kind of life huh?

Proving conways theory wrong...and maybe showing a small bit of truth in it.

Granted, to get through the physical world..you "have" to establish a basis..otherwise you couldnt make it through everyday life. My point in opposition to conways theory is that he mentioned "this life." Which implies the everyday world we come together in. Now believing nothing is certain wont get you anywhere you want to be. You cant be undecided in the now..you simply come to conclusions and follow through with the knowlegde you do have. You attempt to make the better choice with anything..sometimes.

Now stating that you only know there is existence...is but an observation and interpretation of your perception.

Which would boil this back down to your perception being the only certainty.

perception draws the line from the physical world to the rest of whatever is out there. Perception can have an effect on this world..but at the same time, have no relation what so ever.

Its the choice we make and our interpretation of what we see. The actions we choose to and not to take that effect our outside world.

That was the theme of the matrix...choice.

The two major parts if you boil it down. Body and mind.

The human has a body, the human has a brain that has an ability to think. Now what no one has figured out is the reason we can apply this. The third party.

Why do we make decisions and follow through on them, if we know the events that follow could be catasrophic?

Why is it some choose to think of one thing over another? Its not like our brain is on random... what drives thought in any direction? Chemicals? Why do some people choose to be farmers or business men over movie stars and athletes?

Influences? But dont you choose your influences? Dont you decide what you look up? What demands respect..?

..fear? But some have respect without fear. Why is it that they choose to continue? Some other influence of some other kind, has been chosen to be taken into consideration.

The theme of the matrix was choice. Actually, all three were really good. I started seeing these hidden philisophical meanings throughout the movie one night for no real reason.

The Merel Vinche' in reloaded, talks about cause and effect. Being all there is. But what drives the cause? What choice?

Choice is what makes an effect. Choice is an application to the world. Remember my canvas theory. Infinite canvas, infinite paint, with an infinite will to make change.

I used to be agnostic...but after seeing this, I believe there is a 3rd party..whether we( in a non-physical form or other) are it.

39yrs • M •
I respectfully still disagree with you ekiump. You have no proof of the fact that every one has a perception for all you know you are the only self aware soul on this planet. The base line of it all is "NO one can know anything at all." and yes you are right this does lead one to live a dry and sad life. But this, one must learn to deal with. Because we don't know any philsosphys for certain. All we can do is hope. Hope that one day we will be like god. Our as we think God to be. "all knowing." I beleive that that is what this life is for. To learn to be god like. Whether as individuals or as one whole I don't know. As I said no one can know anything, But I am not depressed and sad, I choose to have hope that God exist, and if I am wrong then no one can blame me for having hope in a pure ideal.

bye the way our only certainty is self, but to be deceived in this you still must exist. Desocites siad this in his own way. But I beleive also that our knowledge of self existence is what gives us our right to be as God

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 39yrs • M •
Fueding between us self proclamied philsophers is what I find to be must funny. I am also gald that I found this site recently. I hope that all of you will listen to my ideals as you do with others. I shall defenitley be keeping in touch. Philosopy is my love and desire.

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Raptafairious is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Who said there was a god? Well im not a athiest, but the question has been drilling in my mind for YEARS. I start to watch as everyone beleived in god, if god was real, would he make so many non beleivers? Why havent we seen a sign from him yet? My theory in life is, its up to you. There is no point in life, YOU have to create it, live your dream, your dream that has built up in your mind since you were born. There is no sin, there is no good deed, its just something to stop us from acheiving our goal.

"I'm just another person in this place, which is why its my advantage."
what is your theory on life? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy