The sky is packed with stars. What eyes the wise men must have had to see one more among so many. - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why Do You NOT Believe In God? - Page 9

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have a question, in the bible does it say that either god or jesus told anyone to write the scriptures, I think I remember things of that nature especially as the point of some prophets and such, apostles perhaps. Because I know there to be debate on Jesus' desire for organized religion and churches but that is of the same point really.

tangent (And that last proposed questions scenario would go something like this then: "Hear me, for I am you God, I bring you a command of the highest order, as my loyal servant you will right down everything I say, why?, because I tried once, I wrote some stuff on some stone tablets, but appearantly everyone is tablet illiterate, cause nobody listened, and quite frankly it was too damn much work and you guys screwed it all up, so now you are going to write it, and it ain't gonna be no 2 tablets worth I guarantee, you ungreatful little bastard", the scribe or prophett,"Would you like fries with that sir, extra salt right?", " Of course, now snap to.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the bible wasnt written all at once. the old testament is a collection of books documenting the Jews, God's chosen people. the new testament is mostly a group of letters written by different people, apostles of Jesus, that speak of Jesus's life and teachings and the early church.

Jesus said "Go and make discipled of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father, and the son, and the holy spirit..." this would have been impossible without some sort of organized church.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 46yrs • M
firstly I know about the new and old testaments and the many people I just didn't say that cause that was a funny in my head that I let out.

But still I do mean very specifically as to whether the bibles mentions where they got the text or information for it, was it simple accountings (perhaps understood to be imbelishments at one time or even still rock hard beliefs but beliefs still in storys?) Or is it truly the word or god, and who can say, no one except those with faith, how convenient. Making a judgement of validity based on a hunch because something would be hard otherwise, firstly is complete supposistion, second, is irresponsible when dealing with issues of the basis for a belief, and third, again undermines the power of god and jesus the wholy spirit the easter bunny whatever.

But all of that is actually irrelevant to the question of what actually did happen, did he want a religion built or a message sent, did he say write a bible, did god, did he say perform acts of worship, what did they say were the signs and proof of false prophetts?

Even then they knew we can only be shown by miracles, yet the still expect everyone to just believe, and appearantly people do.

Is there credibility to the claim that a religion system, as a form of government even , was or was not jesus' wish? That I guess is the question, has both Jesus and God allowed for even the desicration of their house? While rich evangelist rob poor or even rich believers blind, in the name of god.

Is this what Jesus and god wanted, and if not, who takes the blame for religion being fucked up, religious people don't take responsibility so don't ask them, they either are being controlled or instructed by god or choosing out busy sinning but not in any way that gets them sent to hell or anything mind you.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
just because one calls themselves a Christian doesnt mean they are. religious leaders that do the things you speak of are practicign un-Christian principles. dont miss the distintion between Christians and religious people.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 46yrs • M
sinning is an un-christian principle while being both a christian invention in accordance with their rules all while being deemed wrong but exscuseable, so even christian leaders that do wrongs are covered and just as faithful a christian as you , a sinner as well, or do you claim not to sin?

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
did he say write a bible, did god

I like your question even if it was something I had asked myself. Originally the OT was an oral tradition, not a written article of faith.
Although Jesus's disciples contain those whom were educated to read and write (Jesus read the torrah, one of the class distinctions was education) yet it is never recorded he called for anyone (nor made) any record of His teachings?
OT wise, GOD stated that the Hebrews insistence upon having a king was an error on thier part in conceding to their wishes.
quote:
a sinner as well, or do you claim not to sin?

To make judements is not a sin, to make wrong judgements leads to sin (error in the way).

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M
Byt the beliefs of either science or religion I'm not sure we are actually capable of making a right judgement, possibly leaving all as bad judgement thus leading to sin by you logic, and i do know bible or just cristian teahcings says you are not supposed to judge, but did they actually say it was a sin? You say no, right cturtle, but but what is something that you are not supposed to do by the system of religion if not a sin?

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes it does say to write things down in the bible.

And the 10 Commandments were written by the hand of God.

Facts;
The Old Testament was the Bringing to the Cvenant between God and man.
Adam and Eve brought up (AS cturtle spoke of) a barrier to God.

The times continued onward, with evidence that although God loved man, man repeatedly offended Him by their dismisal of Him.

Hence we had the great flood, the other disasters, such as Soddam and Gomorrah, and several plagues.

But all in all, this was always God's way of showing mankind, that He still exists, and has no qualms to destroy those who refuse to give Him back what is de Him. Respect, Love, and Honor.

Prophets were given orders to SHOW the ppl what God desired.

Prophets were given 'foresight'. These are where they are told about the Messiah.

The Messiah came, just as spoken thru the ancient writings, and becuase He came to fulfill, and change the hard laws, we have the New Testament.
IN the New Testament, we have Jesus telling us that all men will be judged according to their sins.
He tells us the sins.
Homosexuality remains a sin, shall always remain so, b4 the dight of God.

the difference is this, Jesus said they shall persh but it will the choice of God to throw them into Hell for their sins.
Instead of putting them on trial and having them deemed lawless in the 'courts'. NO longer were they stoned, or persecuted. BUT left to God to sort out.

Jesus also asked we tell them of this situation to save them.

IF they know, but ignore, it is totally on them, and you are wiped clean from ignoring the plight their soul is in.

DT, my accounts are accurate.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As you judge so are you judged. In the world actions (judgements) lead to reactions (consequences).
In the world, one may learn from mistakes, is ths true of the other world (heaven) as well?
If not there is a distinction to be made between the acts of the two?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M
Pat, you say your accounts are accurate, but what of you interpretations?

When you said people would be dismissive of god and god would give em a flood or something, you realize you make him sound like a jealous spouse.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"DT, my accounts are accurate."
Well that depends? Do we have any other sources apart from the Bible which confirm this? Do we have physical remains of Soddom and Gomorrha? Do we have even an once of proof that God slaughters non-christians/sinners more then christians?

Your accounts need evidence, the bible is one book among many.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 46yrs • M
Ya, and as I tend to say, do you think the bible was a non-bias accounting of events? And Pat, I have to wonder if you really understand what bias is, besides a common theme in all your postings.

55yrs • F •
unja is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
here's a possibility about the bible. and of course on one knows for sure. the bible has been interpreted and re-interpreted. and it has been done so by man who may have a slanted view on what the words actually mean, working from a different view on life than god would be, and maybe perhaps even having a hidden agenda, conscious or not. i'm sure there are some things in the bible that could be considered the true word of god but how much of that is left? apparently there are several books that were removed from the bible at one point and they are locked up, safe and secure in the vatican library, maybe that's where the true word resides.

"You have a problem with me? Good luck with your problem."
 46yrs • M
Not only that there are many scriptures and accounting from many people that were never put in, as well as probably taken out, there is a whole contraversy over mary magdeline, how they actually turned her character into a whore yet she isn't.

And if there are vast documents and records being witheld, why the big secret, if they preach such truth, what do they have to fear, all we need now is to get it all scanned. Don't need to ruin it or keep messing with it, just get it all loged and recorded and sort shit out for our selves, same thing with friggin government shit.

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Here's how I see it.

If god speaks through people in an attempt to give us messages on how to love one another and the universe that surrounds us then here's what we as individuals can do, if we want the truth, to determine what that truth is. Pay attention to what every spiritual and religious system, every holy and sacred text has in common. If we listen to the parts that say "we're right and they're wrong", "our messenger is the only messenger", that's where we become divided. If there is a god entity I don't think it wants us divided.

Everyone is equal, everyone deserves forgiveness, compassion and care, including yourself. god goddess allah universe creator creation (whatever we call it) is love, love and respect your neighbour, respect the animals, the plants, the universe... what they all say in common is where the truth lies, in my humble opinion.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
Why Do You NOT Believe In God? - Page 9
  5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy