Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why Do You NOT Believe In God? - Page 13

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the source of my euphoria is a succumbing to all the things I would like to be true, mixed with what I "know". Honestly, it mostly comes in waves of what feels more like chemical releases in my body, I feel euphoric when I feel high, even naturally, things just feel good and so possitive perspectives come from it, I don't necessarily put any stock in it, I know its realities are possible, but I also know they don't last and that its equal opposite seems just as possible, I have bipolar as one of my "diagnoses" and to go along with that possibility is what I haven't said, after most of these euphoria's natural or otherwise, there comes a point of draining depression, mild or strong, a sobering, most people don't talk about that, thats not what they want to promote or believe in, after church some feel really good even for hours sometimes, but I'd be willing to bet money they "come down" and that it isn't pleasant if not a source of strong negativity.

I have to disagree with your thoughts of god not being evil, that he didn't create evil, the devil was an angel that he created, by religious thinking isn't the devil the source of all evil (if not god), then man perhaps. What do we do that is more evil than any animal or other form of life? Any more evil than any act of god? If god didn't want evil to exist it wouldn't, and with the talk of a battle between good and evil god and satan, if he is all powerful this cannot happen, and if you are saying we are the makers of evil, then you say we have power over god. What is you personal source of belief that is coming through, I think I would better understand some things, at the moment I'm not exactly sure where you are coming from, and what contradictions do or don't apply to your case, because some are already surfacing, and I'm curious.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"the devil was an angel that he created"
I am definitely not one to ask about religious beliefs as I don't subscribe to any one belief and don't know much of the stories within those beliefs.

"What do we do that is more evil than any animal or other form of life?"
Exactly, that's why I say that we are the source. If there is an ultimate evil entity like a devil or whatever I believe it requires us acting the way that we do in order to survive.

"If god didn't want evil to exist it wouldn't"
Exactly, which is why it's going to come to a point where if we haven't changed our ways and created more good we will be extinguished.

There is no battle between good and evil, that is human's interpretation and it keeps us stuck in the evil. If we think in terms of good for good rather than good vs evil we would begin to create good. Rather than "conquering evil" we have to "create good". Accepting evil as part of our reality is part of it. It is there to teach us who we are and what we're capable of. But we have the power to change it.

"if you are saying we are the makers of evil, then you say we have power over god."
No... we can choose to have the power with god. What allowed us to choose evil was our free will. We ate the apple, we opened the box (Pandora), whatever. I see it as almost like a degeneration that occurred. We got a taste of it and delved into to the point that it is today.

"What is you personal source of belief that is coming through"
I can't possibly tell you that. I listen to every source I come in contact with and take with me the parts that speak to that which I know is true. There is no "label" I could ever put on it for you. It is bits and pieces of everything.

Are you saying there's contradictions in what I'm saying? Or there's contradictions in every belief system?

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 46yrs • M
My experiences with euporia far underweigh my experiences with pain and suffering, so it isn't the best to judge my perspective, I'll just say that in general I am fairly tortured internally and go from points of productivity to those of total worthlessness, both followed by if not always included with the bouts of depression.

The reason for such balance doesn't come from my knowledge of euphoria but more my overcapacity for empathy, when you feel why people do things you can't hate them as you can when you just know or hear of why they do things.

But I want to stress that there is more evidence supporting this next point than people even dare to realize or notice. When you say what we will see kind of out of life depends on what we want to see. Well one ot the biggest things that even is a big factor in the bible is such things as faith healing, I've heard stories that doctors have done varying levels of oerations or procedures under a some real some placebo case basis, and that the numbers of people who healed even without actual surgery or medicines is staggering, it still doesn't beat the real but it shouldn't be that high unless we have more going on than we are aware.

My point is, especially in terms of health and quality of life this is possibly very true, and could also account for types of "natural" euphoria, like that from prayer or meditation.

I don't know how much it applies to what kind of god exists, but I still think it is far more important than currently thought.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Basically I have concluded thus far that love is the only way for humanity to find freedom and peace within our existance. So anything that supports and furthers that idea I attach myself to and add it, if it fits, to my beliefs. But it has to completely fit. Many ideas I have come across have fit at first but then I find a flaw that makes it no longer fit, so I adjust it. Everything I communiate I have found along the way to support this idea and I'm not saying that I am right by any means, it's a learning process for me as it is for everyone.

But until the day comes that someone proves to me that love won't lead to freedom and peace I'm not likely to alter that as the foundation for my beliefs.

46yrs • M
I'm saying there are contradictions in both. You say you don't prescribe to any particular religion yet you explain your beliefs through them , adam and eve and the apple

Answer this, why was it evil for adam and eve to eat the apple?

For perspective thoughts: Perhaps because he made it evil?

I don't understand you thinking of such distinct seperation between your (god thing) and evil, or as him as the source. If evil is the opposite of good, and you god is good defined, then evil is an entity as powerful as the god of good, you didn't exactly answer in a way I understood on the point of why is what we do evil, thats what I meant by our actions in comparison to animals etc.

46yrs • M
Nope wont hear that from me, follow love so far as I can tell, its just the tough spots that take some reason too.

50yrs • F •
I just used the apple as a reference that most people are familiar with. Pandora and the box (mythology) is also a story that talks about how evil entered the world, there is an Indigenous story about a coyote and a crow I think ??? I just used it as more of a circumstance or time reference than anything else.

Are you asking why is anger evil and compassion good? Or are you asking how I see evil entered our lives?

46yrs • M
both, what is evil to you?

50yrs • F •
The words degenerative and regenerative explain the essence of good and evil better I think because they actually explain the nature of the entity and how it behaves. It starts with intention. Anger, revenge, guilt, shame, etc. are degenerative. They suck the life out of you and leave you feeling drained and tired. Acceptance, appreciation and compassion on the other hand fills you up and leaves you feeling fulfilled and alive. I could go further into the explanation and examples but I'm just about done for the day and a brief summary will have to suffice.

Like I said in a post earlier today, a long long time ago it seems...

(and all of these things in one word is what I call love, good, light, whatever)...

"Find me a "problem" in the world that isn't solved by one or more of the
following:

Peace, freedom, respect, appreciation, understanding, acceptance,
patience, compassion, care, grace, courage, acceptance, appreciation,
forgiveness, truth, trust, awareness, understanding, health, growth."

That is why I think the way I do in a nut shell. Go ahead, find one, a problem I mean. I dare you.

I know you don't give emotions too much credit but I figure that if it's that which makes us so messed up as a species, there must be something in that that will help us out of it.

46yrs • M
death, pain, fear, lies (lies are promoted by good intentions), evil (there is no proof it can be overcome or that it should, it may be necessary, why do we die, you call degeneration evil, yet it is engrained in our life cycle.

50yrs • F •
Death is a problem? Death is part of life. Murder on the other hand... that is a problem. And that is solved by several possibilities... calm, patience, understanding, forgiveness.

I didn't say that all degeneration is evil (or at least that's not what I meant to say) I said evil is degenerative.

Pain, what kind? physical pain... health; emotional pain... awareness, acceptance, forgiveness, peace, many could apply.

Fear... courage.

Lies... truth.

Of course there isn't proof it can be overcome. If there was it wouldn't exist. I believe that right now it is necessary (evil) because it teaches us about who we are and what we're capable of. But I also believe that we are on the brink of an evolutionary process... toward a reality where it is no longer.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
First of all native traditions don't say anything specific but tales similar to mythologies.

So you think or was it because the life(style), societies & its teachings were systematically destroyed in order to be replaced by whom? (Enlightenment)
quote:
The French and American Revolutions (brought about thanks to the Enlightenment) were not religious. They were basically secular, rejecting the rule of King's who ruled by God's mandate.
OT states God did not accept these humans reigning as King => God manifest in human form. God choose prophets to manifest knowledge of God's Will.
quote:
Another if "if we assume there is a God, then there must be a purpose to the universe or a design"
All Life in the physical sense, Mitakuye O'yasin => we are All Related!
Oh, Native American Traditions do respect all life there we take only that which we need, as the christian say God gives according to the need
therefore I commonly use . . . God provides for the need, not the greed.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
Why Do You NOT Believe In God? - Page 13
  5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy