I like to tell people I have the heart of a small boy. Then I say it's in a jar on my desk. - Stephen King
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why Do You NOT Believe In God? - Page 3

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I find it hard to tell what answer I should give so . . .
quote:
These are the consequences of the Rules God Made, not of man. Only the cruellest, dispassionate and cold person would call them Good. Thus God cannot be Good.
Hmm . . didn't ya'll raise the same comments about GOD's intervention in the affairs of man?
quote:
Why would God make rules in which evil men can slaughter innocent babies?
Did not GOD give man over to his (man's) waywardness?
quote:
How can it be good that thousands die of hurricanes, earthquakes, fires, floods, droughts and volcanoes? How can it be good to have diseases and famine kill untold millions even today?
Wasn't Ivan terrible, all the people's homes destroyed or in ruins? People without water or food, let alone a dry place to sleep? I can image can you?
Of course, I did take part in the hardships down in So. Fla after a catagory 5 hurricane so I shared the experience with those people. It was really great to see people coming together, sharing with others and thepeople, who came to give a helping hand & the support given to meet their needs.
Man, it doesn't get any better than that but the sad part was watching those values slip away from the people as they once again harden their hearts by returning to the ways of the world.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
" Did not GOD give man over to his (man's) waywardness?"
Tell that to the deadbaby. 'I'm sorry, but God (in his infinite goodness) has decided to make rules in which you will die unjustly"

"Hmm . . didn't ya'll raise the same comments about GOD's intervention in the affairs of man?"
Im not talking about interference, but about the rules themselves. God made shitty rules because people die because of them (in the form of disasters beyond man's control).

"It was really great to see people coming together, sharing with others and thepeople, who came to give a helping hand & the support given to meet their needs."
The holocaust was really sad. 6 million dead jews and 5 million dead gays, commies and gypsies. But wasn't it great to see Russians and Americans friendly, united against the Germans? /sarcasm

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
quote:
'I'm sorry, but God (in his infinite goodness) has decided to make rules in which you will die unjustly"

'I'm sorry too, but God made the rules but man chooses not to adhere to them.
I guess it is HIS fault for not destroying man from the world long ago?
But for some reason that some might seek to reddem themselves, they might repent their doings & change their ways. How foolish of GOD.

35yrs • M •
fishrox is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
why argue with relion if you know only one f#cking one is true? "he will nener leave us or forsake us"

"hullo"
 37yrs • M •
"I'm sorry too, but God made the rules but man chooses not to adhere to them."
You misunderstand, by rules I meant laws of the universe. That is, that things fall down, that men are made by God in a certain way, that the world is so completely imperfect.

In fact you raise a good point. What sort of ALL GOOD and ALL POWERFUL God would make a world so hostile to man and so imperfect that man has to make his own rules? Why does man have to make laws and rules to replace the ones God gave us in order to have a just society?

37yrs • M •
B30mple is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
lol
sounds like we are going around a circle...
what ever we say..u would say what kind of God is that, that made ....yada yada yada...

u wanna know what kind of God is that...
that's this kind of God...(the one that made whatever rules)
to me u look confuse....we are not discusting weather these rules are right or wrong(which is right as far as i understand)
we are discusting weather there is a God or not...
the rule thing is jus showing us that there is someone who made them...
if u want to discuss about rules, u should start it like this.........>OK....let's say there is a God...what kind of God ..whatever..
poooooh...anyways these discussions over net seems pointless to me...
so God bless every one...
ba bye%%-

"be30mple"
 72yrs • M •
Ya, I have to agree Why would something (god) create something (life) then give nothing (man) domain over it & allow this being free-will?
Why not make us the same as other animals that would certainly reduced our destructive tendencies? How about human automatons . . . nature of the beast?

37yrs • M •
"to me u look confuse....we are not discusting weather these rules are right or wrong(which is right as far as i understand)"
You are completely missing the point arent you?

Let me be clear : God is ALL GOOD if he exists. Therefore all the rules SHOULD be ALL GOOD.

However the rules are SHITTY, therefore God cannot be ALL GOOD because an ALL GOOD God wouldnt make EVIL rules would he? So there is either NO GOD or an EVIL GOD.

Thus, the rules of this world are COMPLETELY RELEVANT to whether or not there is a christian/muslim God.

" How about human automatons . . . nature of the beast?"
Some would argue we are automatons. I certainly think so. Our consciousneses are spectators to the actions our bodies commit, not actors per se. But that's another debate.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that weltanschauung is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what is good? thats easy,the opposite of evil. What is evil? the opposite of good. What would good be without evil? Not good, because you would have no concept of good, without evil,and vice versa.
Clearly, the world is not ALL good, and we realize this because we have the concept of evil. You need one or the other.
The idea that god is all good, is absurd. If he were all good, he would have no concept of evil. In order to have a concept of evil, you must know what evil is, and it must exist somewhere inside of you. Not that you necessarily act out on it, but its in there, somewhere, otherwise you wouldnt have a concept of evil, and therefore no good.
If god was all good, we would also need a god that was all evil. God would have to be half good, and half evil...

""That all knowledge begins with experience, there can be no doubt...""
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that weltanschauung is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
plus, good and evil, are just way too subjective

""That all knowledge begins with experience, there can be no doubt...""
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tangentboy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have read all versions of the bible from cover to cover, and not a whole lot of people can say that.

I am still, however, agnostic. I don't disbelieve there is a chance of there being a god, I simply choose not tobelieve there is one, but still keeping an open mind, incase there is ever a miracle to prove all the non-believers wrong.

And see, thats where I don't believe in Christianity, and I have tried several times to believe in it, but it is impossible for me.

There are several reasons, one being that purely Christianity is basically made up from the building blocks of Archaic Religions.

Christmas was the English Druidian Yule, or the Winter Equinox, celebrating the beginning of a new life, or year. It was held on the 21st of December, just a few days before the conveniently timed birth of the Messiah (note - it was actually found that Jesus was not born on December 25th, but more precisely, around June 21st. Also Conveniently dated, as this was the date of the Summer Equinox.)

The same counts for Hallowe'en (Samhein - The end of harvest, and beginning of death - held October 31st) Easter (Oestre - The beginning of harvest and prosperity for the land)
  • and several other Christian holidays. Look it up for yourself if you don't believe me.

Secondly, if god was truely omnicient, he would destroy the devil, and save his own creations to paradise. And if not, I subdue myself to say that God has the same responsibility and feeling equivalent of a 10 year old looking after a tank of Sea Monkeys.

Thirdly, you don't have to believe in God to believe in an afterlife. Just exactley as we were put here by our parents, we will die and be reborn in different circumstances and in a different world next time around, with a fresh memory and free of "sin" if you will.

Good and Evil are most definatley subjective.

There really is no way of making out the two.

Sure, someone might say, well, shooting someone out of malice is evil, but is it ?

Gazelle's, Alligator's, Giraffe's, Penguins, and Marmot's alike would gladly kill another if it meant their survival or progression in life, much like humans would.

Apologies over the length of the post, but I feel its got my opinions out

Oooh, and yes, I do know alot about pretty much all religions. I could be a scholar if I wanted to, but I dont, so, there you have it.

"Ég gaf ykkur von varð að vonbrigðum.... Petta er ágætis byrjun"
     72yrs • M •
    quote:
    Christmas was the English Druidian Yule, or the Winter Equinox, celebrating the beginning of a new life, or year. The same counts for Hallowe'en (Samhein - The end of harvest, and beginning of death - held October 31st) Easter (Oestre - The beginning of harvest and prosperity for the land)

My feeling about these holidays is that they represent a distinction in the way in which those calling themselves 'christian' applied christianity!
    The conversion in apostolic nature was not an issue of forced adherence but of acceptance. The masses (people) celebrated at these times in the celtic (european) traditions so christian leadership sought to identify these celebrations to conform to the christian god (head). Some christians see this as an apostatize of christian values, instead of following the apostolic way.
    quote:
    Secondly, if god was truely omnicient, he would destroy the devil, and save his own creations to paradise.
    Thirdly, you don't have to believe in God to believe in an afterlife.

GOD didn't destroy the fallen angels, not even the devil by giving them life in this world which is why Jesus taught resurection into the afterlife in His Father's House (Christ's Kingdom)?
    quote:
    Sure, someone might say, well, shooting someone out of malice is evil, but is it ?
    As Jesus never advocated the use of (lethal) force, I have never understood how people come to think it can be justified?

38yrs • M •
    Joshua 24:19 - And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.

Exodus 20:5 - Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Jesus never advocated violence ?

Well, his Dad certainly did.

72yrs • M •
    As it is written 'Vengence is Mine' sayth the Lord thy GOD?
    quote:
    visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me
    You either overcome (love him) or are overcome by (hate him) iniquity?

38yrs • M •
    See, i'm neither. I dont love him, and yet I dont hate him. He's done nothing to me. And thats the point really.

In the words of Karl Marx, religion is the opium for the masses.

Why Do You NOT Believe In God? - Page 3
      1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
    About Captain Cynic
    Common FAQ's
    Captain Cynic Guides
    Contact Us
    Terms of Use
    Privacy Policy
    General Forum Rules
    Cynic Trust Levels
    Administrative Contact Forum
    Registration
    Lost Password
    General Discussion
    Philosophy Forums
    Psychology Forums
    Health Forums
    Quote Submissions
    Promotions & Links
     Captain Cynic on Facebook
     Captain Cynic on Twitter
     Captain Cynic RSS Feed
     Daily Tasker
    Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy