Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why Do You NOT Believe In God? - Page 8

User Thread
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Romans 1: 18-32
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of those men who in wickness hold back the truth of God, seeing that what may be known about God is manifest to them. For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes are clearly seen--His everlasting power also and divinity--being understood through the things that are made. And so they are without excuse, seeing that, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God or give thanks, but became vain in their reasonings, and their senseless minds have been darkened. For while professing to be wise, they have become fools, and they have changed the glory of the incorruptible God for an image made like corruptible man and to birds and four footed beasts and creeping things.
Therefore God has given them up in the lustful desires of their heart to uncleanness, so that they dishonor their own bodies among themselves--they who exchanged the natural use for that which is AGAINST nature, and in like manner the men also, having abandoned the natural use of woman, have burned in their lusts one towards another, men with men doing shameless things and recieving in themselves the fitting recompense of their perversity. And as they have resolved against possessing the knowledge of God, God has given them up to reprobate sense, so that they do what is not fitting, and being filled with all iniquity, malice, immorality, avarice, wickedness, being full of envy, murder, contention, deceit, malignity,; being whisperers, detractors, hateful to God, irreverent, proud, haughty, plotters of evil; disobedient to parents,
foolish, dissolute, without affection, without fidelity, without mercy,. Although they have known the ordinance of God, they have not understood that those that practice SUCH THINGS ARE DESERVING OF DEATH. AND NOT ONLY DO THEY DO THESE THINGS, BUT THEY APPLAUD OTHERS DOING THEM.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ya, not to be mean patrish but you sound more like a bad salesman, your only proof behind your argument is words from the bible and faith based opinions of it, you hardly answered any questions or ideas that I posed you. Have you ever thought to question your beliefs or the bible and religious practice itself? Or do you feel you are questioning love and your only chance at heaven if you do?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I'm not going to read your irrelevent posts telling me how I should interpret the words of god.

Homos should be put to death, according to Christianity and the bible. Whether you think dying is different than the death of the soul, or that dying is good, or that dying actually means eating ice cream is quite irrevent.

Then let me be more concise, and less wordy...eh

IT WAS THE LAWS OF THE LAND AT THE TIME, LIKE WE HAVE LAWS. IT was LAW.... Criminals get punished...
IF laws are broken.
Killers out to kill for the sake of killing were criminals according to same law.
Homosexuality was a crime.

Does that help??

It was changed in the NEW TESTAMENT...
It was not a law to be broken, it was a distinct warning to those who participated they would lose their soul.

Decius...your gonna hate this..but dont quote it, if ya dont know it.

\leftwood, I left the church for 7 years...dont presume to tel me how or what I questioned...
And sorry, I researched, read, and left my mind wide friggin open.

That's how I allowed the Spirit in to give me understanding.

Yea, guess I am forthright..and bold. Thats me.

Sales..? Nope, no sales here. Just plain speaking...SELF THINKING ...individual.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"It was changed in the NEW TESTAMENT... "
People keep saying it and it simply isn't true.

"1:32
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. "
What's this? It may not be actively saying "Though must kill faggets", but it IS saying "killing faggets turns be on". Effectively, it means that christians are encouraged to kill gays, or at the very least, there is no moral problem in the execution of gays.

Old Testament laws are also basically valid, I can't find the quote right now but you must know came not to replace but to fulfill the OT.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok dumbteen, ""1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. " that is saying simply that gays are worthy of death, as are we all. we hav all sinned, none are worthy of life. no human is perfect. A gay who calls himself, or herself, a Christian is saying essentually, "Yeah, i outright disobey the Bible and everything Jesus wants me to do, but im still a Christian." jesus never told Christians to kill gays, or anyone else. justice is God's job, not mans.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 46yrs • M
so pat, your are then saying that perhaps there is need for new change again, timewise it would even be long overdue, like other than to love perhaps, all the bible is shit. How's that.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
But Secret, clearly the implication is that God doesn't mind people killing gays, that he even clearly takes pleasure from gays dying (whatever way it is, execution or not).

If you want to please God, that is a way. At least the christian God.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Decius, I feel you overlooked an important point 'It is GOD who decides who is to die, not man?
An Omipotent, all powerful God has no need for me to do His Work, right.
But all things must pass? As all things die then the death spoken of is it the death of the flesh and / or the death of the spirit?
Death being defined by separation from GOD.
(Tends to align with the muslum beliefs to an extent?)

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 37yrs • M •
"Death being defined by separation from GOD."
Or was it eating ice-cream?

46yrs • M
hell was the separation from god right? And with the existance of the all powerful and omnioptent god nothing is necessary, especially not human life.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
And that "most likely" is based on reason, skepticism, observation and experiment when possible. Faith is completely divorced from it.
Yes, on several strings you have mentioned that you have not experienced the spirit of faith & your faith is complete devoid of it.
LeftWood, you give some bright answers which shine with comprehension!
quote:
And with the existance is necessary human life, as the separation from god right?

[Tends to align with the muslum beliefs to an extent, at least my preception of their beliefs.]
The bond of the flesh (life) is the barrier & death is reunification with God. The Christians goal is this reunification in physical life (body) by putting off worldly values & adhering to the spiritual values given by the Holy Spirit (Christ likeness)

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M
cturtle, for you kind words I thank you, flattery will get you everywhere.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tsp gatmog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it's mind boggling to me how anyone can know for sure. you'll never know for sure until you die. even then, you won't really know unless there is a god.

37yrs • M •
Faith is just another form of laziness.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tsp gatmog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i see your point.
not sure if i agree with it, but i see where you're coming from.

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
Why Do You NOT Believe In God? - Page 8
  4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy