Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 6

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Interesting The bible speaks aginst homosexual behavior. Christians should love others without regard for gender,

Can you not love someone and disagree with them?

quote:
It is not unchristian to love horses but it is a taboo to have intimate (seual) relationships with them.

Love and sexual relations are very different things. This is a seemingly useless point.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ethereal- ya know how when you "like" a girl you enjoy touching her. and i dont mean any sexually stimulating organs, just her skin, her hair, you just like being within five feet of her. it makes you feel better, happy. ofcourse this is why you want to have sex with her you want more. most people also like this feeling of "likeing" so much they fall in love with it. with the person. imagine you feltt hat about a guy? now, should you go to hell?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
imagine you feltt hat about a guy? now, should you go to hell?

If I felt that way it would be a concious choice to do something wrong so if I was unrepenting of that then yes I should goto hell. What you may not realise is that years ago I conciously decided not to be gay so don't tell me that people cannot choose.

[  Edited by etherealmeekle at   ]
 35yrs • M
i didnt say they couldnt. you had thoughts of homosexuality?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
I went through a period of gender disorientiation when I was in early highschool and I thought that either I was gay or that I should get a sex change.

35yrs • M
you have solidity, but what if your wrong? now think, would you have liked to have "been" with a guy.

39yrs • M •
Probably not because I was very confused and also depressed during this time. I just didn't know who or what I was. But looking back I would never go back to that.

35yrs • M
ok

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Love and sexual relations are very different things. This is a seemingly useless point.
The point is that they are two different things. Love is Christians share with others, for them marriage has a function, to form a nucleus for the family. Then a homosexual marriage is rejecting the nature of this function. Which is why Christian are taught that this is a sin (error in the Way).
As a being we accept the responsibility to overcome the animal nature of our existence, to strife to be greater than our impulses & instincts. Otherwise we are nothing more than the beast, an animal in the nature of being.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M
well put. i think i understand a little more now. about the reasons why you wouldnt get into heaven. its about overcoming our sins. if we dont we arent aloud into heaven. thou shalt not kill because it is an urge all people have(not really) so we must over come that, in order to get into heaven.same as all the others. but god is forgiving so all long as we are clean with what we have done, as long as we confess, we're good. i know everyone knows that, but i just "get" it a little more and thought if i put it in words, someone else would to. so basiclly, god is thick headed, get over it. right?

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ya, I think I know what ya mean, 'In the beginning (OT) GOD seems to be yet considering man's history of violent behavior toward others, it may have been necessary. We are pretty thich headed (hard headed) & strong willed ourselves.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M
big deal. he foresaw his own messup. why not fix it before it broke? thats no excuse for him being hard headed, we are sopossed to be flawed. we are human.

39yrs • M •
The problem was that man wanted to choose his own destiny. God now let's man choose don't blame Him because you don't like your choice

35yrs • M
im not

39yrs • M •
You are criticising God's methods and the only reason for that is because you do not like the choices given.

A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 6
  2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy