Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 7

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But you are criticising Him nonetheless.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
critcsing his methods becuase they arent very good. make it impossible for them to succed. and if they dont, which they wont, they go to hell. unless they ask me for forgivness because of my dumbass impossible rules.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
As if you could come up with something better. God made perfection and man rejected it so God then gives man the option.

35yrs • M
im not god. i dont have infinite wisdom. but if i did i would shore as hell come up with somehing better than that. admit it. it sounds real redundent, doesnt it.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
The whole thing just makes people look really stupid. And I suppose it does make God look stupid for loving us anyway.

35yrs • M
thats why i dont beleive in god. how could someone with such power come up with such a half baked plan. i dont think thats possible, if he tried. and if he didnt try, fuck him. hes an ass-hole.

39yrs • M •
It's not half baked. It is the perfect plan. Ever heard the phrase "if you love something then let it go"? God decides to let us choose to love Him or not. There is no more to it .

35yrs • M
but he is still an ass-hole. and jus because its an old phrase, doesnt make it a good one.

39yrs • M •
Never said it was good but it was kind of relevent. But the thing is that if God simply forced us all into submission you would still think He is an asshole.

35yrs • M
yes. but a bigger one. and it sounds like your agreeing with me. that you think he is kind of an ass-hole to.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't see how an all-loving and all-merciful god could ever condemn any of his/her creations. God should be a being of pure, unconditional love. Homosexuals are absolutely fine and will find paradise if they repent for their sins, and by sins I don't mean 'loving another member of the same sex'. Don't take everything the Bible says literally. If we followed the rule of 'homosexuality=sin' then we would be able to kill our neighbors if they worked on the Sabbath, stone adulterers, and make sure our daughters never had a window that faced the gate, since certain books of the Bible lists those as acceptable actions. There're opinions mixed into the Bible that aren't hard to see. Don't believe that we shoukd persecute others for the act of love. Consentual love should never be a sin.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 39yrs • M •
No I do not think that He is an asshole at all. I am just saying that no matter what you would think Him to be an asshole, unless of course He did everything you wanted in which case He would not be God at all.
Tell me, do you think all people who impose rules are assholes?

35yrs • M

well put

39yrs • M •
Answer the question
Do you think all people who impose rules are assholes?

35yrs • M
no. i dont. im fine with him makeing me do things i dont want to. in fact i respect those people the most. as long as they are fair, and inteligent enough to know when they are going to far. not your god. hes just a big kid. thats all. his way or the highway.

A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 7
  3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy