Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 3

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Think about actions and people. If we are more or less depending on our actions then how do we compare to people like Ghandi or Mother Theresa? We would be less equal than them, but we would be more equal than a person like Saddam Hussein.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
a definition of incest: Sexual relations between persons who are so closely related that their marriage is illegal or forbidden by custom.
NOTICE- the term ILLEGAL . at a personal level who cares if it is a legal moral code! this is moral judgement from others on what shouldn't be accepted. it is not my moral judgement.
No i do not prejudge it! as i've already established prejudgement is extreme disrespect and against my morals of equity.

No one is more or less equal

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
NOTICE- the term ILLEGAL

Homosexuality used to be illegal too... People are trying to make it legal so when it becomes legal what will you think of it?

39yrs • M •
quote:
No one is more or less equal

Exaclty, this is why we assess equality based on people not actions.

37yrs • M •
thats sad. law will never be equal for all.

39yrs • M •
quote:
thats sad. law will never be equal for all.

So you challenge the law because it is unequal and therefore doesn't reach your moral standards? Are you now above the law?

37yrs • M •

of course i challenge the law. it is unequal for all in certain areas. law is a term. it is not a personality

39yrs • M •
The whole purpose of law is to discriminate this is why we have jails.
The law is flawed because it creates loopholes. Homosexuality is a huge legal loophole? So if you challenge the law you challenge its loopholes therefore you challenge homosexuals.

39yrs • M •
quote:
For Christianity to state, openly, that homosexuals are sinful, and in the old testament that they should be put to death, clearly places Christianity in the similar realm of Nazism.

Killing a gay as punishment for that behaviour is no more a Nazi tactic than killing a murderer for his offense.

quote:
and also Christian intolerance, are both characteristics within individuals that affect other individuals that may not want to be affected.

Did it occur to you that your so called tolerant views "affect other individuals that may not want to be affected."?

quote:
Hence, if a Christian wishes to seperate their intolerent and illogical beliefs about gays from those of Nazis, they must accept gays and their unplanned choice of lifestyle. if they do not, they are no different than nazis, and therefore have the same capabilitied as them.

As Christians we are to love gays and show them that they are living in an unhealthy manner we do not punish them we simply are to encourage them to choose a different path.. People do stop being gay it is a choice.

quote:
Which is a moot point since Christians have murdered more innocents under the guise of moral conduct than Nazis since the advent of the religion.

This is based on what information?

37yrs • M •
Ethereal- you need to read the posts more carefully

39yrs • M •
quote:
No, as Christians who believe in the old testament you are supposed to KILL them. If you can't KILL them, then you must influence them so they go to heaven. If you do not, you are a bad Christian.

You are wrong on this point. The Old Testament was completed and Christians live under a new law that is Jesus Christ. Get your facts straight before judging something you do not understand

Besides Decius, by comparing Christians to Nazis you are perpetuating hate and intolerance of Christians which is the very tactic Hitler used...

True tolerance is suicidal for it must undermine itself by being tolerant of intolerance.

And also the Nazis are responsible for over 50 million deaths in a five year period, I highly doubt that you will find such a comparison amongst Christian hate crimes.

39yrs • M •
quote:
But statistical probabability leads to the conclusion that Christians have done far worse in 2000 years than Nazis did in 5.

But it still takes the Christians 400 times longer to commit worse.

quote:
I said one should be aware that Christians are not different than Nazis in their views towards homosexuals

This is untrue except for the fact that neither group approved of homosexual behaviour. Christians do not make a point of lobotomizing gays. Homosexuality is not a disease it is a choice.

quote:
I'm not picketing to protest your intolerance. But Christians picket to prevent gays from being married

You may not be picketing but some people do. Churches have been sued for not allowing gays to marry. Now tell me in this world that think it's cherishes equality above all else. Why do gays take away religious rights? Why is it a person can be charged with a hate crime for quoting the Bible? Your acceptance of gays is limiting the acceptance of religion. We are turning around and forces religions to bow to the government. But this is perfectly ok as long as a very small special interest group gets their way?

39yrs • M •
If gays wish to marry it is currently lawful so let them do it. I just don't know why they insist on being married in churches that do not accept their lifestyle.

39yrs • M •
quote:
The problem is that in the "being Christian" manual it says that they must "save" homosexuals.

And so to make everyone happy Christianity should be put to an end right?

quote:
Hence, if you are willing to permit homosexuals to get married and do not oppose it, then you are not a fully devoted Christian.

Because it is a matter of me permitting it. I do oppose it but that doesn't mean I will stop it from happening. I still have to abide by the laws of this land as well.

39yrs • M •
You have a great deal of ignorance on the matter of Christianity. First of all being gay is unimportant, being a murderer is unimportant, being a Nazi is unimportant. The only important point to Christianity Is Jesus. Everything after that is just circumstancial. Sure Christians have strong views about gays but this is because it is a stumbling block. I do not have all the answer but I think they exist and I will argue til I find them. To be a devoted Christian one must put faith in God alone. There is no requirement to protest anything, but as Christians are human they like to make their opinions heard. Also I have never heard any Christian say that we should not question God or the Bible in fact this is encouraged. Homosexuality is a choice. You could be gay if you wanted I could be too if I so chose to be. No body has a good soul if they insist on living in sin.

A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy