A jack of all trades is a master of none but he who understands but one thing understands nothing. - XsEyes
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 8

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
If we followed the rule of 'homosexuality=sin' then we would be able to kill our neighbors if they worked on the Sabbath, stone adulterers, and make sure our daughters never had a window that faced the gate, since certain books of the Bible lists those as acceptable actions

Yes and if you read further you would find out that those laws have been changed. God set those standards before Christ came, and since He has been the law has been revised.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 39yrs • M •
How is God a big kid? He made the universe He has a right to control it as He sees fit. Besides if God were fair then He wouldn't have sent His son to die for us.
God was reasonable when He only gave Adam and Eve one rule, they broke it and they should have paid the price and never had a chance for appeal because that would have been fair.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What?! That doesn't make any sense! If God is infallible than his laws would be absolutely perfect and never need revision! The only way out is to admit that blatant opinions written by men not inspired by God are within the Bible.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
so once he found out that it is hard to be a human (god incarnet means god himself as a human) he said "shit maybe im wrong". as such, maybe its tim for another resurection, dontcha think. maybe this time he can be a gay, black, jewish, poor, member of the opra whinfry clubn. then some shit would happen.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
What?! That doesn't make any sense! If God is infallible than his laws would be absolutely perfect and never need revision! The only way out is to admit that blatant opinions written by men not inspired by God are within the Bible.

You are clearly ignorant. The old testament law was in place because up until the point of Christ's death people had no other course of salvation. But since the death and ressurection of Christ humans no longer are required to atone for their sins the same way because Jesus was the sacrifice.

39yrs • M •
You are more than welcome to try to tell Him that to His face but you will not succeed for at the appointed time ALL people will acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You know, ever since I started Catholic school since I was 5, I don't understand why Jesus had to be 'sacrificed'. He was brutally murdered and betrayed by his followers. Why would God be happy that Her son was destroyed by the very people She tried to save? Someone tried explaining it to me before, but I'll admit that I haven't completely gotten the concept yet.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 35yrs • M
"Her"

jesus was god. just in human form. jesus did not know this untill he died. i think. ethereal?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
Jesus knew good and well that He was God and that He had to die in fact when He told his disciples Peter said "no that can't be true" and Jesus rebuked him for thinking that he could outsmart God.
Also Jesus was not killed by His followers He was killed by those who knew He was right and did not want to change their ways.

35yrs • F •
But that doesn't explain how Jesus' death, which was caused by humans, somehow saved all humanity. It doesn't make sense how his death opened the gates of heaven if he was chosen to be killed over a murderer like Barabas. I would think that God would be very angry if Her only son was killed by those She meant to save. Your thoughts?

35yrs • M
god never truely understood what it was like to be human untill lived as one. in doing so he found a new respect for them, and granted them heaven.

39yrs • M •
Wrong again. God first said to Adam and Eve 'the day you eat of the fruit you will die" this death is the price for sin and it had to be payed by someone perfect (Jesus) in order for the sin to be removed and salvation granted. God meant for Jesus to die it was the plan and even though it hurt Him he did it out of love

35yrs • M
that doesnt explain why. just how. my answer does. and its all history, you dont know if im wrong or not.

39yrs • M •
That is why. Jesus had to pay the price of sin that man could not pay. You think God is an asshole because His Son did what we could not do. Jesus could have chosen not to die and we would all be condemned to Hell but God loves us.

35yrs • M
juses is god. not his son. and why did it take "god" dieinig to get rid of sin. not how.

A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 8
  4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy