Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 4

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you truly believed in Jesus you would not rape my mother.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 39yrs • M •
Ok so rape should be acceptable?

39yrs • M •
The problem with homosexuality is the degradation of the family system. Now the Canadian court is being asked to change the definition of adultery to include same sex affairs. The fact that heterosexual couples break up so that homosexual couples can form would imply that people are choosing to be gay rather than being born gay. So now we tolerate these attacks on marriage and what hope do children have when they are raised in homes so unstable? Sure marriage is dying but must we outright kill it?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ether whats the prpoblem if gays are always a minority? if you agree that its not a straight person choosing to be gay (not a choice well a genetic choice but not a choice eveeryone can make.. unless all of our genes turn gay then whats the problm f its aways minority??

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Catnip48 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In my belief God couldn't possibly be too stricted. If God made this world as it is and made you the way you are then he isn't that strict. He, however, wants people to control their sinful thoughts. He judges by what you decide to do about your homosexuality.

39yrs • M •
quote:
if you agree that its not a straight person choosing to be gay (not a choice well a genetic choice but not a choice eveeryone can make.

I do not agree with that. I think I could make the choice to be gay if I wanted to and I believe the same is true of all people if you are honest with yourself. It is a selfish choice and that is why it is a sin.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
how would it be anymore selfish thenloving a woman your attracted too and want to live with and have a baby with.. you want that there both desires there both selfish in the same way..

and you really think you as assumed straight would want to choose to be gay?? i doubt that straight people would do that.. i really think theres some genetic directly influned to that..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 39yrs • M •
Homosexuality only satisfies on an individual level. Because they cannot have children they owe no responsibility to anyone but themselves.

[/quote]how would it be anymore selfish thenloving a woman your attracted too and want to live with and have a baby with
quote:

Having a baby is complete selflessness. One must invest time and pain into raising a child and when a child is born that person becomes more important than the couples own lives.

[quote]i really think theres some genetic directly influned to that..

If that were the cause then how is it that people can stop being gay? How do you alter a gene? It would be like me suddenly altering my genes to give me green eyes instead of blue.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Because they cannot have children they owe no responsibility to anyone but themselves.

So by your thinking, single people and infertile couples are selfish, sinners, and pedophiles becasue they can't have childeren.

quote:
If that were the cause then how is it that people can stop being gay? How do you alter a gene? It would be like me suddenly altering my genes to give me green eyes instead of blue.

You're missing the point. People can't stop being gay, they just lie to themselves so that they THINK they're straight, but they're not.

"He who does not question is lost."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Lets get back to trying to answer the original question.

Let me ask this one question so we can establish where you are coming from.

Do you see your Homosexuality as a part of who you are are or as something you do?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
So by your thinking, single people and infertile couples are selfish, sinners, and pedophiles becasue they can't have childeren.

Obviously infertile people have a medical problem so they are not making the choice to not reproduce. Most people aren't single forever. And if one chooses to be single and promiscuous then that is selfish. If one chooses to be single and abstinent then they are making a sacrifice that way and they are not being selfish. A gay person wants all the benefits of a lover without the responsibility that comes with they are like the single promiscuous person.

quote:
You're missing the point. People can't stop being gay, they just lie to themselves so that they THINK they're straight, but they're not.

How do you know they cannot stop? It happens to be much like an addiction but they can stop if they so choose.

35yrs • M •
quote:
A gay person wants all the benefits of a lover without the responsibility that comes with they are like the single promiscuous person.

How do you know? Have you asked?

39yrs • M •
quote:
How do you know? Have you asked?

Because there is no future in a homosexual relationship. Family is future but gays cannot have that without ceasing to be gay.

35yrs • M •
Ok, so by your reasoning, nuns, monks, and preists are no better than gays because they don't get married and/or have childeren. Just becasue someone doesn't have childeren doesn't make that person a "sinner". Mother teresa never had childeren, and she's being considered for sainthood. You can affect the future without having childeren.

39yrs • M •
Monks, nuns and priests are not involved in sexual relations (at least they aren't supposed to be) this means that they are not just seeking out pleasure. Their future is in their religious commitment. Gays don't have that kind of responsibility.

A question for a devoted Christian. - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy