Do what makes you happy. For those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr Seuss
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Homosexual Marriage

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that deletion_of_me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Homosexual Marriage
homosexual marriages: yes or no?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Honestly, there should be no state marriages. But only shared property agreements (which take into account children in particular) which can include as many people as needed.
This way, religion is kept out of the state, and people are still able to practice whatever kind of marriage they want (whether it be mono or polygamous).

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
homosexual marriages - yes

i like your idea DT, im sure there are flaws/kinks tho... but i cant think of any at the moment

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
Great point, DumbTeen, I agree that religion should be kept out of government all together.
As for the not letting homosexual couples raising kids, why not? Can you say that homosexual parents would not provide a loving family environment? Can you say that a homosexual couple would not be able to take care of a child financially? Can you say that it wouldn't help the world to reduce the kids in orphanages, as many gay couples would adopt? Or are you just taking the stereotypical view that "all homosexuals are perverts and paedophiles"? Do you personally know any gay people, MiA?

37yrs • M •
"but the child these people will raise probably won't be ok
because in the world around this little kid everyone lives in a normal family and kids would make fun of him(her
he(she) won't understand why everyone has a mon and dad and he/she has two fathers(mothers) "
Seems true.

"it's much better when a child has a family with two parents of different sex"
But ultimately we have no idea. I think a study on the issue would be best. The study would try to figure out if children raised by (blatant) gays in the last 20 years have had succesful futures. Things to check would be sexual orientation, mental stability, "happines", job pay, education, family etc..

37yrs • M •
Though there are many hetero couples who are bad child raisers, the potential issue isthe possibility that on average homo couples are much worse. It needs to be researched, but I can imagine it could be difficult.
I mean, can you imagine a child trying to explain to his friends he has two dads?
Oh, and don't think one "plays" the mom, I've spoken to gays and it very often is not like that.

37yrs • M •
Skin colour does not influence a child's phychologically significantly. However, a child NEEDS a mother and NEEDS a father, divorce does lead to disfunctional families.
Besides, honestly, people are VERY anti-gay right now and I'd hate to see miserable, teased children just because they've got 2 dads.
Like all new things, it should be checked out first.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i know there have been studies to see if children raised in families with gay parents are more likely to be gay. the results were that they are no more likely to be gay than any other child in a family with a mother and father.
as long as parents teach their kids tolerance, they will end up equally well off IMO. as far as the kids being successful or mentally unstable, i dont know of any research for this, but it seems a bit pointless. the idea of gay people raising children does still seem "iffy" to me, but i think its mostly due to society's influence on me. if being gay is a choice, ill have to rethink my opinion

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
Bush isn't having all this anti-gay marriage rhetoric for nothing. The American people as a whole may believe gays have a right to be gay, but they do not think that gays have the right to be before God, married with children.
People are progay but only so far IMO, they may as well be anti gay.

37yrs • M •
In America? Mainly because they're the descendants of religious fanatics and so tend to be fairly pious themselves.

36yrs • M •
You're right MiA, everything comes down to God and religion. However, not just any God, but the apparently "ONE AND ONLY" Christian God. Hence my reasoning that religion should be kept out of all matters of government whatsoever.

Now, all this about gay couples destroying children (I may be exaggerating with "destroying" but that's what it boild down to, mentally and sexuality-wise), this is all crap. That a child with two fathers or two mothers would come out "wrong" is stupidity. So is the "fact" that a child NEEDS a mother AND a father. What about children raised by only one parent? Do they come out lacking something or "wrong" because they are missing a parent?

Then there is the whole "homosexuality is a choice" thing. Here's a hypothetical question: Why do you like the opposite sex (if you are heterosexual, of course)? Do you choose to? No. You are "wired" (forgive me for using such an un-scientific term) to. It is the way that animals breed, and if animals didn't like the opposite sex, they wouldn't breed at all. Why do you asume that a homosexual would choose to like men (or women, sex permitting)? Is it for the minority status? Is it for the "shame" placed upon homosexuality by a self-righteous society and pompous know-it-all religions? What kind of half intelligent human being would choose that? Not me, that is for sure.

37yrs • M •
Children from divorced families come out messed up more often then stable families.
Now, I DONT KNOW if homo-raised children would turn out alright, however, with this doubt, it should be researched IMO.

36yrs • M •
I have a perfectly stable family, and I'm the second-most screwed up person i know. My best friend has an even stabler family and she's more screwed up than I am. Leading away from the topic, I believe intelligence and our ability to process reality has a lot to do with how we view the world and how "screwed up" we are... wow, that sounds wrong... heh, oh well. It's late.
Ok, if it needs to be researched, then that means homosexual couples need to adopt children, however that cannot happen, because there is that chance that these kids may end up screwed up, so it needs to be researched first, then that means homosexual couples need to adopt children, however that cannot happen, because there is that chance that these kids may end up screwed up, so it needs to be researched first,then that means homosexual couples need to adopt children, however that cannot happen, because there is that chance that these kids may end up screwed up, so it needs to be researched first,then that means homosexual couples need to adopt children, however that cannot happen, because there is that chance that these kids may end up screwed up, so it needs to be researched first,then that means homosexual couples need to adopt children, however that cannot happen, because there is that chance that these kids may end up screwed up, so it needs to be researched first... ad infinitum

37yrs • M •
Let certain areas with homos adopt kids, see what happens. If negative results, try to figure out why, if positive try to figure out why.
If there is no reason why things turn out the way they do, it must be because of the homo parents in which case the test is somewhat conclusive and we can encourage gay parents.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe that Gays should be allowed to marry, based solely on the fact that there should be no government restriction at all in the area of a bonding ceremony, its just fucking ridicules.

As far as the gay right to be parent thing: I say only if the child is one of the partners actual kids. Although I am torn because I believe that two women might do a better job than two men, or maybe even better than one man and one women.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
Homosexual Marriage
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy