The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother. - Jules
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Homosexual Marriage - Page 3

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What are you talking about, what do I have figured out about you, sure you sound like a cackling idiot, a parody of a bad cartoon supervillain fighting some nonexisting battle with me that I'm not even aware of, that doesn't mean I know anything about your past history. You are obviously making assumptions, though I don't know for what purpose.

Why do I sound homophobic?

And why do you feel they are the destruction of our country and morals, what is the basis for such a strong conclusion, its not a point that is argued here much, in the posistion of against, so please share.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Children, time out.
Any more sexual slurs and both of you are going into time out.
Even though I've never had to make a 47 year old and a 27 year old do that before, you're still both going into separate closets for an hour each.

No pun intended there.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This has been a large discussion with some of my co-workers. I work for a school district, and we had thought that this Marriage of Same Sex, couldn't be all bad. It is one hell of a Birth Control method.

Lynnie

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that bmxbiker16 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I say let em marry, who the hell cares if one is gay or not, i sure dont. They still have to deal with marriage and all that brings with it o_O.

"I may disagree with what you say, but i'll defend to the death your right to say it"
 66yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SteveFromTexas is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ship'em out I say, deport their asses to some other place. I sure as hell don't want my kids around that crap. California is bad enough.

Let them go to France, or better yet Tel Aviv. Over there butt-fucking is considered normal and just look at how well those people conduct themselves.

Sodomites, lesbians, he-shes, whatevers, yea that's what our forefathers visioned for this country...yea right.

Steve From Texas - knows the difference between right and wrong. Do you?

P,S, Hey Lefty, I knew you'd start cussing sooner or later, Looks like I have you figured out pretty well,,lol

"Any day above ground is a good day"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Since when does government have the right to decide who people love and how people have sex?

Republicans stand for theocracy, not small gov as they preach.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 46yrs • M
Figured out, c'mon Steve, are you practicing what you accuse everyone else of or what?

You didn't answer any of my questions.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 46yrs • M
Jon Stewart recently said something kind of interesting, he mentioned how terrorism and even more so gay's were such issues in this election, and how in new york which has taken the brunt of america's realization of terrorism and also has one of the largest gay populations all voted so strongly and so differently from those secluded in the "heartland".

Did you know that something like eleven states past some sort of legislations against gay marriage?

I still ask the question, what is this sanctity of marriage I've heard of? What is the point of marriage? We are trying to promote lasting monogomous (one man, number of women subject to change) relationships between a man and a woman (specifically as parents). To avoid what again? Lasting monogomous relationships from same sex partners, not just men and men, but even women and women who make better parents in general on many levels, yet your afraid they won't love enough? Raise their kids straight enough, right, thats what it really is, that or the thought that its weird or wrong somehow, that they are all child molestors or something? You fear people doing things that most men do already, sodomy, have you ever done a girl in the butt? Frankly, through most males developmental lives, their penises end up in some pretty strange places, right next to its natural destination is not that strange of an idea, especially with periods in existance, and babies. Gotta have a back up plan, pun bound to happen.

Its just that its always the people preaching so hard about accepting people, loving and caring that are so quick to do everything but invest belief in the good of their fellow man. Somehow they manage to employ countless numbers of abusive and neglectful people to take care of the kids they insist be born. I'm not saying thats all they employ, and dear god I hope not, but it is the case and it comes up when you want to take away so many people who want to take in a child to a (till proven guilty) loving home.

38yrs • F •
If I said,

Sexuality is determined by a gene [or series of genes] and homosexuality is actually a recessive trait among humans - how would this discussion fair?

There is interesting and growing proof as the Human Genome Project unravels that this is true. But just curious.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Teen as I noted you used the 2 dads or moms line, with divorce rate as it is in america that is the norm.
I think in part at least, the anti-gay marriage issue is fueled by the fear of gay adaption. Legitimate gay marriage would be the stepping stone to adaption as seen by those having less radical views toward gay marriage.
Having gay parents would tend to promote gay relationships in the impressionable eyes of children? Wouldn't they seek out such relationships to emulate their parents sexual orientation?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M
Not necessarilly, it would most definitely allow for a greater acceptance and understanding for all of us, but while possible you have to keep in mind that there are a lot of openly gay people, and there are even more who will never say, and these people have been gay through great adversity and very negative reaction, and an increase of gays with a tolerant society is likely just due to coming out, but as for promoting, not more than the option, when children see adults behaving in any degree of sexual or loving manner it is not a gender issue, that doesn't become an issue untill they become more aware of the society's and biology's forced gender roles and distinctions. The nature nurture type stuff. If it comes down to a gene and the resulting overproduction of one hormone over another than exposure has nothing to do with it.

Our fears of exposure of things is very irrational and fear based and often quite contradictory, take violence and sex issues, if we were worried about our youth killing we wouldn't be sending them to war, nor would we have the war on TV 24/7. Video Games and Movies are the least of our worries kids most kids understand the difference between reality and fantasy. If you are worried about people who may take fantasy out of context have it rule their lives than worry about people who believe in the Bible. The Bible is terribly gruesome and even has moments of sexually explicit material (yet you never hear about it)

38yrs • F •
I disagree.

If there is some sort of rational and grounded explanation for any sort of moral issue debate, like a gene that determines sexuality, I think that would cause quite a huge reaction among the objectivists as well as the Bible-humpers.

TIME apparently ran some article about the possibility of a gene of faith or something, so who knows? I think that sort of finding would seriously cause threats to people who are not grounded in anything but the word of a book or in others.

I'm still pissed about the NJ governor resigning, that's such bullshit. I read what a Republican official said about it being about time that someone with lack of morals leave his position, and I was pissed..

Funny how everyone must argue about whether homosexuality is moral or not, but they will never be around to actually experience or see what those couples do - it's a privacy issue. They call this shithole a free democracy and yet they openly ban what they believe goes against their own personal morals..

At that rate, I think Charleton Heston should be shot and the NRA shut down because it promotes threat and violence. But no, apparently in the sick and twisted minds of the same people that are against things such as homosexuality - that's okay. Makes me seriously question whether this is even an issue of morality, or a whole bunch of idiots that want to exercise their authority over others while preaching democratic traditions.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"a gene of faith"

wow, now there is something i had never even considered... that would seriously blow my mind. i hope im alive when they really start to figure things out.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
I read that article, its still fairly open ended and considered of a survival based nature. Other than that I can't remember anything significant.

What did you disagree with Astarte, I agree with you as far as I understand.

38yrs • F •
Oh my god I'm losin' my mind.
I have no idea leftwood, I think you said something about genes not making a difference.

This is going around in circles like a roundabout.
Blah.

Homosexual Marriage - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy