Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Homosexual Marriage - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ExplodingGopher is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I say yes: government infringement on the rights of some due to sexual preference is wrong. It goes against everything our country supposedly stands for. We cannot protect only the rights of those ideas we are comfortable with; to do so is a violation of the government's moral obligation to the people.

""The truth to be fair is that dreaming was the first mistake.""
 35yrs • M •
dontjudgeme is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
"now i'd never let homosexual couples raise kids !"([MiA])

maybe if kids were raised by a homosexual couple they would be more accepting of people and open-minded unlike MiA.for example, if a kid is raised by a racist parent then they will most likely be racist, but if they are raised by an anti-racist parent then they will most likely be more open minded and excepting of other races. the same rules would apply for a child raised by homosexuals. since the parents would obviously be accepting of homosexuals their kid(s) may learn to do the same.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i find it interesting that you are judging a person you know little to nothing about, and your name is dontjudgeme.

Admins - i think it only fair that since Mia's post has been deleted here so should dontjudgeme's, or the bashing should at least be edited out, there is no need for it! oh... and delete this too, i just wanted to put my two cents in.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So, you are that saying a child raised by a racist will more likely be racist? Well, if that is true, then wouln't the same be for gay marriages, making a kid more likely to become gay?

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You guys erased the only heated argument in the thread? I was wondering why I hadn't heard much actual opposistion to anything, I know I don't know what happened or why, but I hope it wasn't blatant censorship.

Coming from a broken home and all it kind of sickens me that people would reject any loving people from rainsing a child, but I do understand and appreciate genuine concern on the issue in terms of the concern for the welfare of the children.

Children of foster care have it bad enough. And there are tons of children in DESPERATE need of a loving home.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Underdawg - Assuming that speculation is true... who CARES?

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 46yrs • M
Homophobes care, hah, another oxymoron

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 39yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that retro_goddess is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why Gay Marraige Should Be Banned

1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, organ transplants, and birth control are not natural.

2. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile couples and old people cannot get legally married because the world needs more children.

3. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children because straight parents only raise straight children.

4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful, since Britney Spears's 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.

5. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and it hasn't changed at all: women are property, Blacks can't marry Whites, and divorce is illegal.

6. Gay marriage should be decided by the people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of minorities.

7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are always imposed on the entire country. That's why we only have one religion in America.

8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people makes you tall.

9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage license.

10. Children can never succeed without both male and female role models at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.

11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven't adapted to women having jobs and blacks being free.

12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages will for gays & lesbians.

just my .02

"Don't sweat the little things! It's the little things in life that count!"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm such a fag hag.
I love it.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Locut0s is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hay Decius I live in Vancouver too!

I agree with everything you say, except for the fact that homophobia is largely a thing of the past. It is not. Now this very much depends on where you live. In most parts of Canada and Europe I would agree with you that homosexuality has become largely accepted, though even here there are problems. However go south of the border and there are whole swaths of the US, the bible belt for example, where homosexuality is seen widely as a horrible sin. It's a sad but true fact. Take a look at the recent US election, over 50% of people voted for bush. Now what % of those people are anti-gay, certainly not all of them but given the Bush admins record and it's close and open ties with ultra conservative evangelical groups I bet you that the majority of them think homosexuality is a sin. The fact that gay people are increasingly been seen on television is indeed a positive thing but it's not an acurate berometer for large sections of the population.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Locut0s is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
retro: great post!

46yrs • M
Hate breeding bible thumpers need a clue.

66yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SteveFromTexas is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
All faggots should be hearded up just like animals and then deported to France. They're the death of this country and our morals.

I bet that rubs some of you the worng way HuH?

Steve From Texas - knowing the difference between right and wrong.

"Any day above ground is a good day"
 46yrs • M
Can't say stupidity isn't funny. All homophobes should spend a night in prison, just to share the love.

66yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SteveFromTexas is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Can't say stupidity isn't funny"

Now there's something you finally know about lefty. AS usuaul you think you have me all figured out, just like you do all Americans HuH? Bet it gets lonely up there at the top HuH?

Well once again you're wrong about me, imagine that.

I bet I know more faggots than you ever will, sorry to disappoint you but I'm straight.

Fact of the matter is that two of my brother-in-laws are gay. Not only that, I volunteer at the YMCA. I see those so-called adult fags shopping in the locker rooms everyday.

Sounds to me like you're the one that's Homo-Phobic, either that or you're talking out your ass once again.

Bet ya hate it when you know I'm always right.

Steve From Texas - Always talking about what I know about.

"Any day above ground is a good day"
Homosexual Marriage - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy