Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Paedophilia - Page 2

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
right on okcity kid and wyote.

pedaphilia is a sickness. you don't choose it, nor should you be punished for it if you don't act on your impulses. research must be done to find some sort of treatment, because i can't imagine what it must be like to be attracted to children and at the same time know how wrong it is. it must be hell.

"You are reading this."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have a question. How far apart does the age difference have to be for it to be considered as pedaphilia?

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it sucks that it is such a grey area. i think the general idea of pedophilia though, is a person who has reached sexual maturity lusting toward a person who has not. that of course varies widely, and there is also more to it. but i think that is a good place to start.

anyone else wanna throw out some thoughts?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Love does happen between young and old. Elvis, or the teacher who married her student after she got out of prison for supposidly raping him. If you make love to a minor, legaly it is rape. There are hundreds of examples of this. This is not pedaphilia. Pedaphilia is an obsesion, and not teenagers, but I mean toddlers, and often its of the same sex. Love is not involved, its just pure lust.

legally - if I make love to anyone under 18, some states that might even be under 21 and I am 21 or older, it's called rape and I could go to jail. The scary part is, though I may not be a pedaphiliic, I could still be labeled as a sex offender and have this follow me everywhere I go - not good.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh for Pete's sakes. I'm not saying we should cut a Pedophile's penis off with fishing line. However, to say that a pedophile is as human as you or me, is wrong on so many levels.

People are sadly mistaken, when saying homosexuality, compares to pedophilia. A homosexual will look at a child and want to nurture. A pedophile will look at a child and think lust.

quote:
Love does happen between young and old. Elvis, or the teacher who married her student after she got out of prison for supposidly raping him. and old.

Hold on. Are you referring to Mary Kay LeTourneau, the 34-year-old teacher that had a sexual relationship with her 13-year-old student? You think her behavior is justified because they're married now? Why do you say she 'supposedly' raped him? You don't think child molestion should apply because he wanted to have sex with her?

quote:
This is not pedaphilia. Pedaphilia is an obsesion, and not teenagers, but I mean toddlers

It is that kind of thought process, that allows adults to continue taking advantage of children. You must have known exactly what you wanted when you were 13-years-old, to make such a bold comment.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
do you not look at a well toned man with perfect bronze skin, sweat glistening off his chest with lust? everyone has triggers that send them in to a lustful overdrive.

i see a redhead and can barely talk right. again, i am in no way condoning the behavior or siding with a pedophile, but there are those who see children and get the same feeling.

i think perhaps that lust a pedophile has is in some way stronger or slightly different than others. more of an obsession as okcitykid stated. any thoughts?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can't speak for anybody but myself, but I do know that at the age of 8, I was thinking about sex, at the age of 12, I actually had sex, and now, at the age of 25 I realise that I'm not ready for sex and what it brings.

Most paedophiles are simply people who have entertained the idea of sex with a younger person for long enough for it to become a desire. Just like homosexuality.

But the question to be raised is this... Are most of these sexual disfunctions(I use the term because I view it as such) caused because we live in a sociaty that deems sex as something everyone is allowed to do?

If you have to be a millionaire before being allowed to have sex, you would have those who would fantacise about having sex with someone who isn't a millionaire. You would also have non-millionaires fantacising about having sex with other non-millionaires.

Not the most impressive comparison to todays sexual climate, but I hope my meaning has been portrayed correctly.

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 41yrs • M •
here's a pretty good analogy: there are lots of people in the world that i don't like. does that mean that i am going to go out and commit murder? no.

a person may find himself sexually attracted to children, but that doesn't mean that he is going to act on these desires. if he does, that's his choice, and he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

those who have this problem but don't act on it ought to be helped, somehow, and having the attitude that they're simply "not as human as you or me" is definitely not going to get the ball rolling on how to find a humane solution.

"You are reading this."
 42yrs • F •
Starz is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I agree with Lady Taz. And i think its sick and its not ok to think about children this way. It is in no way the same as being attracted to a redhead thats just a prefrence you can't tell me you would be fine with someone saying to you " oh my sexual preference is children they make me so hot". It is so not natural, how can it be thats why we go through puberty.
Your all saying we should treat them the same as everyone else but would you leave your child with someone who was lusting over them, I wouldn't not in a million years.
If someone who is attracted to children and they can't control their own mind then how long is it going to be before they can't control their body.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i just can't belive how many people seem to be excuseing or justifing pedaphilia.....it's disgusting and wrong.....and i know, people used to say that about being gay.....yeah yeah yeah....but someone who is gay is attracted to another ADULT......it's completely different in my mind.....how can you compare wanting to have sex with childrern and wanting to have sex with another concenting adult? i dont see pedaphilla as a sexual thing it's a vilent and hurtfull thing.....some of you say it's a condition....well,i think being a serial killer is just as much of a "condition" and when we catch serial killers we lock them away for life so maybe the same should be done with known pedophiles.......god, i just dont know how any of you could even try to justify this....i guess this is sometning i just feel strongly about, no one will ever change my opinion here

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 46yrs • M •
It's only wrong because we say it is... as I stated earlier, I wanted sex from 8, had it at 12, and now, as an older fart, I realise that sex shouldn't be used as a device for pleasure.

I frown on anyone who has sex for pleasure as much as I do paedophiles. Because in my mind, one behavour leads to the other.

I counsil people with mental disorders, and I've seen rationalisation of everything from eating your own poo, to kill random strangers.

If sex was removed from society in all respects except breeding, the next generation will have at least that one activity removed from their list of pleasure seeking activities.

How can someone say sex with children is SOO terrible because they're innocents, but freely accept that adults lives are equally destroyed by sex and not feel a thing?

As long as sex is seen as a hobby, or an outlet for stress, more and more people will find more and more disgusting ways of perverting procreation.

41yrs • F •
sex is soooo wrong with children because it fucking hurts them....their body, mind and spirit....i too thought about sex at a very young age,i knew all the details when i was 5....my mother was a prostitute for christs sake.....i know all about disfuntional sex....but a child is never ready for sex and noone is ever ready to have sex forced on them.....i think that you have a twisted veiw....and it angers me that you justify rapeing a child

46yrs • M •
Sorry rancid. My fault. I didn't explain myself thoroughly enough...

I believe sex AT ANY AGE is wrong if you are using it simply for pleasure.

Of course I know it's wrong to rape a child, but if a man beds a woman, be it for a night or a year, and then just leaves. I view that as rape too.

Wouldn't you?

41yrs • F •
that too is wrong and hurtfull, but dont you feel like a grown woman or even a a teenager(later teenage years) is better equipped to handle being rejected and taken advantage of like that?

41yrs • M •
are you people even listening to what i've been saying?

sex with children is wrong. period.

pedaphilia, as in feeling yourself attracted to children is a mental disorder, and is not something a person CHOOSES. keep them away from children, sure. try to help them, sure. but, as long as they don't act on their desires, i don't see why they should be hated or punished for something they can't control, do you?

"You are reading this."
Paedophilia - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy