Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Paedophilia - Page 4

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Actually, I think you're the one that is confused. Of course they're not the same, yet you want to justify a 34-year-old teacher having sex with a 13-year-old child, because they're married and in-love. Whether you believe it or not, that teacher took advantage of a child. Justify all you want, but a pedophile is not a normal human being.

Okay - now we are getting the nitty gritty here.

I'm not justifying nothing and I'm not condemning anybody.

In life we all make mistakes, some are bigger than others. Some of us will make a whole lot of small mistakes and some will make a few larger ones.

I think the couple (the teacher and the student) will be just fine. They'll probebly end up getting a divorce, like that will be uncommon.

It's none of my business and I don't see why it should be any of yours. Jesus said that if you are always weeding your nieghbors garden then you ignore the weeds in your own garden.

What we should be concerned about is the Paedophiles, that's a whole different bread of people and they are a threat to our children.

If this teacher was such, she would not have married her student, she would have found another one. The difference between Paedophiles and those who have fallen in love.

Love is a subject that many have studied and much has been written, but to my knowledge, none has earned their doctorate.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that neuterdbynature is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------
What we should be concerned about is the Paedophiles, that's a whole different bread of people and they are a threat to our children.

If this teacher was such, she would not have married her student, she would have found another one. The difference between Paedophiles and those who have fallen in love.

Love is a subject that many have studied and much has been written, but to my knowledge, none has earned their doctorate.

---------

how can what she did be different than what a pedophile does? your justifying her actions with "love"!! Any pedophile can justify their actions in the same way.....the teacher took advantage of a child, in love or not.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
 64yrs • M •
We can make excuses for everything we do in life, good or bad. The problem is not the excuse. Getting rid of the excuse does not solve any problems.

quote:
what she did

What ever "she did" he waited until she got out of prison and married her.

So tell me, what did she do. Force him to fall in love with her, because it is obviouse he loved her, and I don't believe you can make some one fall in love with you.

Some people do however do believe it is possible, but then, that's another issue.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont belive she forced him to fall in love....but i do think she took advantage of him and confused his thinking, at 13 you have sexual desires,but your teacher giving in to them and sleeping with you is bound to mess up your thinking

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You're wiser beyond your years, rancid.

quote:

I think the couple (the teacher and the student) will be just fine. They'll probebly end up getting a divorce, like that will be uncommon.

It's none of my business and I don't see why it should be any of yours. Jesus said that if you are always weeding your nieghbors garden then you ignore the weeds in your own garden.

Jesus said that? Did Jesus also say 'ignore your neighbor, whom is bonking your children'? As far as being no one's business, I believe you were the one that originally brought up the teacher/boy case.

quote:
What ever "she did" he waited until she got out of prison and married her.

Why do you want to include the boy at part of the blame? She started a relationship with him when he was 12 years old! Do you honestly think that if they were to meet today, for the first time, he would have a relationship with her? At the age of 13, were your wants the same as they were at 22 or 46?

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree, Lady Taz, but you also consider the circumstances. A child is brought up learning from 'role models.' The child adapts to the role model's standards, shares a similar point of view (albiet unable to fully comprehend it) until around sixteen or so, during Teenage Rebellion and pubertly, where the child attempts to find a vantage point for life. Depending on the role model, diffent circumstances can occur. If I had my dad as a role model, I'd be a workshop geek who can rip apart a robot or computer and put it back together again blindfolded. Needless to say, I'm not. My role model growing up was a neighbor who built cars, model airplanes, and I swear had a fishing pole grafted to his arm. I learned all those things cold. Now if you take away that situation and insert another, like a teacher who lusts after children, and the chilld comes to regard her as a role model, then it is easy to 'program' a child in the sense as to see you as a sex symbol. And although a good portion of your parents teachings are cast away in puberty, some stay, I, even at nineteen, still find it fun to get up at five and go fishing. This boy could still (subconsciosly) regard his former teacher as a role model, and now that she's free, he can attempt to make it up to her by miarrige.
As to the 'love' question, if the two truly care about one another, then by all means, let them get married. If it's just a sex relationship, as it was in grade school, she'll get a divorce, and we'll forget about it.
I don't condone pedophiliac behavior in the slightest, I belive it is a mindset, not a mutation. To 'cure' a pedophile is difficult, since you must alter the point of view that individual has chosen. I simply belive it is difficult to change.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that neuterdbynature is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
truer words were never spoken.

quote:

--------
To 'cure' a pedophile is difficult, since you must alter the point of view that individual has chosen. I simply belive it is difficult to change.
-------

the opinions and belief of a person are never easy to change, it becomes a dead cause when people are able to create Pretext condoning their actions....once they convince themselves that what they are doing is not in any way wrong the chances of changing them is damn near impossible. [Examples: Nazi or KKK]

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Right on, it is good to have a point of view that is firmly rooted in proven fact and moral pretext, but there is nothing more dangerous than a twisted man or woman who believes they are doing the right thing. Each human has justification for thier actions, some more solid than others, but only with this justification can we accomplish anything, and when the goal is stalking and copulating with minors, and the person has moral justification, then there is very little we can do against it other than lock them up as concequence..and even after they get out, there is still a danger. If a pedophile gets out of the joint, than the immediate revulsion by socity may cause him to, in anger, attempt to strike back, possibly at someone's son or daughter. Also:

quote:

if you've ever heard of the mentality 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it,' and you turn the point of view to that of a pedophile, then it is easy to see why it is damned impossible to change.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 64yrs • M •
I'm a man, I remember when I was 13. There were some pretty good looking teachers. Not one of those teachers would have to force us to make love with them.

Not every child/adult relationship is the action of a pedophile, sometimes it happens. Not that it should, but I believe we allow jelousy to overpower common sense. These things should be delt with, with common sense.

Wouldn't you like to be one of those beutiful teachers all the boys ugle over?

My wife is a teacher, and she has had to step and prevent a 13 year old from being raped by a group of 13 year olds. There not exactly innocent at that age.

38yrs • F •
our problems are the adults who take their "feelings" over a child too serious. Sure there are kids who have crushes on their teacher but when their teachers begin to reciprocate those same feelings thats when the problem occurs. An adult should no better than to fall "in love" with a child.

quote:

quote:
.Not every child/adult relationship is the action of a pedophile, sometimes it happens. Not that it should, but I believe we allow jelousy to overpower common sense. These things should be delt with, with common sense._____________________________________________________

a pedophile is not made because a child creates them they are made by disgusting adults who lust over children and then act on these feelings.

39yrs • M •
Rozo is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Damn this is crazy.
You realize that classifying peadophilia as a mental disorder, and as such should not really be punishedor blamed is dangerous.
Whatever happened to self control? All of us have certain problems with our thinking and thoughts can't be helped entirely. But if we treat the RAPE of the most innocent humans on the planet as a mere genetic defect that can't be blamed then we promote such behavior.
Because it simply is not JUST a natural inclination to be attracted to children. It's perversion. Some people get off on perversion. This is wrong, and punishable.
If we treat it as genetic and ultimately blameless unless acted upon, then we lose one of the main things that fight the manifestation of such behaviour. Disgust.
A person should be disgusted with themselves for horrendous thoughts and it will help keep them in line.

I'm surprised though that nobody has brought up the fact that the Greeks did practice peadophilia. In fact Greek boys were required to have a sexual relationship with an adult man at the age of 13. They were also a culture that was about 50% homosexual.

Personally I think that this hedonism is wrong, and simply promotes more lasciviousness. But morality is relative to what society makes it.

"Love is a circle, Jump in"
 38yrs • F •
ewww....how do you know about the greeks.....you make very good points though. People we have also over looked are priest who have gotten away with taking Advantage of kids for years, and then they are forgive by the church..... i know that there are many people or groups that we have over looked. but the information you gave about the greeks is really interesting.....

39yrs • M •
Rozo is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I learned about the Greeks from a good high school Mythology teacher.

"Love is a circle, Jump in"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
our problems are the adults who take their "feelings" over a child too serious. Sure there are kids who have crushes on their teacher but when their teachers begin to reciprocate those same feelings thats when the problem occurs. An adult should no better than to fall "in love" with a child.

Sometimes people go 90 miles an hour down a highway, and should know better, but hey, nobody is perfect. We make mistakes.

But what the priests did and what the teacher did is not the same thing.

People drink too much and get drunk, does that make them an alcoholic and should they be classified as an alcoholic? We need to be careful how we judge people. That's what I'm trying to explain.

38yrs • F •
what you are comparing are two completely different actions...and you should know that

quote:
---------
Sometimes people go 90 miles an hour down a highway, and should know better, but hey, nobody is perfect. We make mistakes.
----------------

Pedophilia is not a mistake that we can over look. If I go 90 MPH down a high way my actions aren't hurting anyone-this is only if the high way is empty - but the actions of a Pedophile hurt the child: Mentally as well as Physically.

[  Edited by neuterdbynature at   ]
Paedophilia - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy