The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what is your theory on life? - Page 12

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vic_Silver is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I didn't think I'd be posting in this overstuffed thread again but I had to comment on Conway's previous post. I really think the outlook you have of appreciating both the highs and lows in life is a great way to go and one I personally adopt. If I'm feeling particularly depressed I will dwell in it, play some dreary music, and embrace the uniqueness of that feeling. If anyone asked me for advice on getting through a tough time I would recommend just such a thing. True it is thou that most people avoid lows and seek the highs blind to the fact that for every high there is a low.

"Somethings out there.. Oh wait thats me"
[  Edited by Vic_Silver at   ]
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^but every high is still not the peak yet tho??.... why differentiate between creation and evolution when they're both the same thing....something came into being, no matter which way it happened...why do so many people focus on the action not the effect??....the effect is what matters no matter what the action?...yes they go both hand in hand, but what's the end result?.......whole creation evolution thing is getting so redundant.....lmao...haha..... "evoration"....there..new word that explains everything........God created, whether you're an evolutionist or a religious fanatic....God is, and the creator through which ever means chosen, is the one who created this universe.....sheesh...

"Being is not knowing!"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 38yrs • M •
^^^there an even more finite explanation......^^genius...lol

"Being is not knowing!"
 35yrs • M •

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im not questioning god cuz i believe that there is a god.. what i want to know is why he made us and how he was created himself..

if we didnt exist would it be possible for there to be nothing At ALL? no universe complete darkness.. but complete dakrness would still be something right?

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That 'complete darkness', that nothingness is all around u-space...one can't even imagine what the world would be like if there was no matter-only space, as space is nothingness.

Why God created us? I believe because through existance 'it'(God, soul, umanifestated etc) can view itself, through us, God, soul can percieve itself . withougt existance God,soul is'nt aware of itself, but existance allows it to percieve itself.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
yes but space is still something, im talking about something that we can't even imagine that would be a real "nothing".. (our nothing is still something) you really have to think about that one.. cuz if IT is nothing.. notice i say "IT" meaning "IT" has to be something..

[  Edited by analytical29 at   ]
 38yrs • M •
nothing will always be something as long as it is percieved.!! If you don't percieve what's around you, then nothing's the only thing that will exist....

"Being is not knowing!"
 37yrs • M •
haha you're right 730.. so let me take a moment to thoroughly explain what nothing is to the rest of you...

did u get all of that?

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ha! Ha!. This is great. Do you really think that we can find out what "nothing is". Of course not. I minds couldn't handle it. And yes of course in the "english" sense of the word "nothing is something". But come on guys we are philosophers, let us not get caught up in word games. We all know to the best of our abliitys what nothing is. It is the lack of anything. Mind, souls, emoitions, and cookies! Arrrrrgh! We waste our time speaking of such things we shall never know and have no bareing on our enlightenment.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 39yrs • M •
What happend to Ekiump?

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 37yrs • M •
yeah where has he been?

35yrs • M •

39yrs • M •
There comes a point in all philosophers life's when they grow tired of questioning "time", and "reality". In fact there comes a time when qustioning anything get's boring. These are the times when we lose all of our desires. We grow stagnant. We may still have hope, but it is like a anvil tied to our necks wheighing us down. What happens when you lose all of your desirs? All of your hopes? It is these times god say's to us 'ask anything, and it will be given". But then there is nothing that you want. And your soul is bursting with the inetensity of your perceptions and the people and things around you. Even love will become irrlevant. And this sounds crazy, but one day you will be dreaming of it like we all do and you will sigh, because you finally realize you have worn out all of the "good" just by daydreaming. I'ts the same principle as a new toy that a child gets but then throughs it away when it is no longer new. This can be said of all things, just with love it is on a longer time scale.

what is your theory on life? - Page 12
  8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy