It's funny how in your eyes I'm a 'freak'... but look through my eyes and you're the freak. - last_song
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what is your theory on life? - Page 16

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hey ekimtrawets welcome to our "underground chat forum"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 39yrs • M •
ekimtrawets is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Glad to be here, so why does everyone come here?, it must meet some need, I would be interested to hear the reasons

37yrs • M •
umm there are many of reasons one could be cause we all think alike.. and this is a good place to discuss our ideas with other minds that are willing to listen..

sometimes i come on just to kill time tho

33yrs • F •
deepthinker is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
ok, well firstly, i'd like to point out that the big bang did actually happen, because the scientists have listened to the echo that it made all those years ago... i think it was something like 7 or 8 billion years ago? yes, so they did actually hear the echo it made, and thats proof enough for me that it did actually happen.

i don't know if this point has been made already, as i havent been following this thread, if it has i apologise, and if it hasn't, enjoy!

thank you

"To be or not to be: that is the question; Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them..."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
An "exaggerated" sense of self-importance.

Because the things i say are somewhat progressive and helpful...

i do tend to contribute.

"there is no existence trully percievable by itself"

that really depends on the existence...

If i were the only existing thing...could i not percieve i existed? does my conscience exist as "I" exist? What do you mean?

"i can actually know anything other than existance"

you cant know anything other than existence...

but i believe i said your ego limits you perception of existence. its also been evidentally proven that things exist whether we see them, believe, know, etc...

so knowing anything other than existence..would be no.

(i believe if it perceives..it exists. Regardless of whether or not it is percievable or has been perceived.)

..it does still exist.

and if it exists, it is perceivable. Even if its not perceived.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 35yrs • M •

36yrs • M •
..what is your point.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 35yrs • M •

36yrs • M •
ha. ok.

well you've asked me to prove to you something which cannot be proven..

Its not about believing everything is skewed..and theres no way we can know all.(although this is true).

Buts its knowing that we dont have to limit ourselves so extensively.

37yrs • M •
wow im burned out..

i had a thought.. Why question life and it's purpuse, if we are alive thats the meaning itself.. simple we have life!
you need not anymore explanation

by the way have any of you seen national treasure? i just rented it.. and i thought it was great

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cujo0424 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've finally seen a topic that I'm attracted to. In my opinion, there is no specific meaning of life for all of us. When religion is concerned, I'd imagine the concept of each of us being put on this Earth for a reason, but for those who don't cling to religion and search for mainly logic, it's an unsatisfactory theory. Yes, analytical, you have a point in saying that there's no need for us to continuosly search for an answer that's basically irrelevant (and that will never be found for that matter), but, and there's no reason for anybody to be taking offense by this, there are some of us who cannot be put to rest and have to keep searching for answers. Many people need closure to get through life; and as much as I wish I weren't one of those people and I could just rest easily with my knowledge of blissful ignorance, I'm relentless and I can't help it. Over time though, some find philosophy to be a hobby and act in it more and more frequently. (For people into finding their own closure on things, I'd recommend some of the early John Carpenter horror movies, like THE THING, HALLOWEEN, and THE FOG).

""Scared is not the right word...I'm frightened of it..."---Love & Death"
 35yrs • M •

37yrs • M •
Kinch is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have discovered deep within my soul knowledge which when translated into the flimsy truth molesters called words I have named The Logic of the Infinite. The Logic of the infinite operates on the knowledge that the universe is infinite and applying the significance of that knowledge to everyday life and philosophical problems. As a few moments of consideration of the infinite will make apparent 'good' and 'evil' do not actually exist. Good is simply what is best for a species, in our case selflessness and co-operation, and evil is simply what is bad for a species, in our case selfishness and in-fighting. These things of course do not matter in the scheme of things, if humanity should go down the path of self-destruction, it does not matter - our matter and energy will re-arrange someday to give us another shot. However it would be nice to see our species returning to an instinctual state and getting back to the garden (this is where the concept of heaven stems from) and so the meaning of life for enlightened humans today is to eradicate all forms of ignaorance and reclaim the instincts (which have been called the soul). This attack on ignorance must begin at home, though, people must accept that trying to change society through politics, religion or any other medium that focuses energy outside is useless and superficial. The change needs to happen within every individual, and it cannot be forced through dogma only helped along through understanding, which is the end of all hatred.
We must re-align ourselves with the universe and stop hiding from the truth - the end of all fear.

"But seriously folks..."
 35yrs • M •

what is your theory on life? - Page 16
  10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy