Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what is your theory on life? - Page 11

User Thread
 33yrs • F •
Kgc is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
God might have created a cute little franchise. Building and nurturing us and then dumping us out cause he could do better. There's possibly some planet that's much more intelligent. Were his children that grew up and are expected to make it on our own, and were doing okay, and we have our moments, but then theirs all those mistakes we made. God may be out there, but he's lost intrest in us. Evolution is he's plan but he's not afraid to start a new. With a whole diffrent species and galaxy.
Makes you a little jealous doesn't it?
And all in all this theory could be nothing.

"our parents are god. and then we hit puberty, and were satan just because we wanted better."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My friends,
It is not fear of non-existence that we must fear. For if we do not exist than we are not aware. Ekiump you explained it as if you still had awarness, but you won't. Thus we need not fear it. The reson I brought it up is it is a relization we must have to bring our perception's to a greater level. Thus is my whole philosophy based upon. We must have hope it what we can conceive to be the best end for us. (Enlightenment). We have proof of nothing. Just hope. If Non-existence is reliazed it will bring you to a new level of understanding.
However 730 it does not mean that you have to quit talking with us. Those of us who are here, are better off than most people. I just wanted us to realize what was possible, so that in our disscussion a sense of relvancey will exist.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 39yrs • M •
People always think that they have the "key" to life. And in most cases they are not wrong. However there is more than one key, as I think we would all agree to. But there is one Skelton Key if you will, or Master Key.
It is acceptence. Accepting the present no matter what it is is after all the only way to reach full and total peice in any given "now". This works on many more than just one level, of life. Not only can this be applied in your "now" situation, but also in your "now" physical.
This is best attemted with something simple such as a runney noise. This is extremly annyoing as we would all agree. But if we can learn to accept this is our runney noise, than we will realize that it is not annyoing, but rather just another part of what is. This is true on both the physical and mental, and spirtual levels.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
[  Edited by Conway at   ]
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
acceptance is freedom well stated conway..

i was reading something that said we should be more concerned with living under god's laws than man made laws.. but wasn't it man who wrote the bible?

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 39yrs • M •
analytical,
Understand that we have no proof in God. I think he exist, but that is irrelevant. He may not. Therefore since I can not know of God, then I can not know what his law is either. That's why there are so many doctrines out there. Everyone has a diffrent interpertation of what exactly God's laws are.
So then you ask "how can we live our lives". To answer this we must first realize that we have nothing but hope that God exist. We have nothing but hope that one day we will be like him in every way. Any other alternative is "less" so to speak. I think you would agree with me here. So then if we are here to be like God.(once again we have no proof, but it is the best alternative) then this life is here to teach us.
If we are here to be taught, then we must ask ourselfs what must we do to learn. To learn we must expereince. To expereince we must live. Nothing more or less. All God askes of us is to live. What ever you choose to do in life, that, is the "right thing to do so to speak". And if it is wrong then God will show you, and you will experince why it is wrong. But also understand that there is no right or wrong, it is all a learning curve. Futhermore understand that if you willingly "sin" then in fact there is nothing wrong with that, but you will continue to experince "bad" things until you realize that the actions you are takeing are not "being like God". Sin is the most missunderstood thing in our time.

37yrs • M •
yes agreed conway.. so when we know we are committing a sin and proceed to commit it, that is worse than just committing it in ignorance.. when we are born we are without sin.. the more we are taught, the more that is expected of us.

evil makes us selfish.. wouldn't it be nice if everyone lived for everyone rather than themself..

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we are born in sin because we are born!....our parents have instilled in us a part of their innerself even before conception. We are born in UNreality....therefore it is all sin....that's why things keep going wrong until you realize right...No one has had a perfect childhood, not even if you are the wealthiest person in the heavens or earth....sin is innate, yet not bad for us...cuz if we weren't born in it, we wouldn't know what "realization of life" is!.....Hey Conway it's not that i'm leaving per say....I'm still commin to drop by, but my presence is not as needed because everybody is thinking on their own right now....there's been a spark and now it's slowly kindling.. If somebody is truly not understanding anything of what i'm saying then i'll say something....but for the most part you guys got something good goin on....I'm just rollin with the flow...lol

"Being is not knowing!"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vic_Silver is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We're poop makers. It's time to do my doodie.

"Somethings out there.. Oh wait thats me"
 37yrs • M •
silver i clicked on "The Meaning of Life" just to read that..^

plz keep that to yourself and try to put intelligent things on here.. just a suggestion but who am i anyway

37yrs • M •
just a little observation.. as of now how is it that this thread has 11 pages?

perhaps cuz everyone has their own theory on life..

im glad tho. i would like to keep this topic if i had to pick just one

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vic_Silver is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its good to be silly sometimes. I try not to take all this too seriously.

There is however some depth to my previous post... I swear.

"Somethings out there.. Oh wait thats me"
 39yrs • M •
Vic , there is depth to any philosohpy. However I still found it some what comical. I also agree with analytical that this thread is the most pertanant. I generally don't answer the other one's, because there is no proof on "love" or "reality". This is the only one that is really worth talking about.

39yrs • M •
Understand, that all of our human hopes, and all of our human dreams, wether love of money, is not the end all. They are irrlevant in the end. If we could take everything and compare them to the things we as humans find comfort in, we would realize with an astonishment that we have been barking up the wrong tree so to speak. We have the hopes and desires, but they are nothing more than the opposite end of the spectrem. We most come to an understanding with sickness and with pain. They are just as relevant as love and happiness. But all we as humans do is focus on what makes us happy, but happy is not the total of "everything".

51yrs • M •
Captain Iron is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Let me say this as clearly as I possibly can. Creation and evolution ARE NOT mutually exclusive. Genesis is one of the vaugist most general documents known to man. That language could mean ANYTHING. That said who knows what it said in ancient Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic. There is PLENTY of room for evolution in Genesis. Religious leaders KNOW this. The only controversey is the one that is manufactured to get all you people fired up and DISTRACTED from the real important issues in you very short lives. They have almost succeeded.

"We are NEVER getting over this!!"
what is your theory on life? - Page 11
  7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy