Insanity: Doing something over and over and over, expecting a different result - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what is your theory on life? - Page 18

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lordnyax is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hope im not intruding on a private conversation, but i have read all the posts and i really enjoy the topic, here's my view: we really can't say for certain anything, because anything we describe can be wrong owning to human nature. nobody is perfect, but the goal of our lives are to approach the point where we understand that limitation and move beyond it. you must understand the rules of the game before you can play

"to understand life is to live outside it"
 40yrs • M •
bugsymogues is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe that humans came about through evolution after being created by the great crab king Lew Johnson. Lew was a very quiet boy who accepted his first job as a desk clerk in lower Manhattan. His boss was a real prick and one day Lew couldn't take his shit anymore, so he decided to put human urine in his coffee. After extracting the urine from the toilet, Lew ran into his good friend Henry Von Turdmeister the 3rd. He hadn't talked to him in years. Boy, Lew did not see him coming and proceeded to spill the piss all over Henry. You can bet his face was red. And thats how Jesus acquired the funds to get the extra koolaid to save prom from those evil southerners.

40yrs • M •
bugsymogues is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
*WARNING-RANDOM RANTING OVER QUESTION OF LIFE AHEAD-PROCEED WITH CAUTION AND FEEL FREE TO RESPOND POSITIVELY OR, PREFERABLY, NEGATIVELY*

Sorry bout that I'm really baked right now and have nothing to do but study for exams which I am currently not doing because I'm reading posts from this interesting sight. My own personal beliefs are quite simple. I believe we came about through evolution and were first created by random chemosynthesis-type shit. Evolution is very apparent and I find it hard that people can believe in a God more easily. I guess thats because people are afraid to deal with the fact that we could very well be here just to fuck and die. In regards to christianity, why would a god create us with deep sexual urges and then tell us we can only fuck one person for our entire life. I believe these urges are necessary in the evolutionary process. Without life we have nothing. The one thing that almost everyone can agree on is that everything[on earth] dies. We witness it everyday whether watching the news or seeing roadkill on the streets. Why can't we accept the fact that we too will most likely end up that way. I'm not suggesting that life be looked upon negatively by any means though. We were created completely randomly, in my opinion, and should just enjoy life for what it is for as long as we are here. I believe in finding your own happiness whether that be sports, music, flipping coins in a hat, or throwing frogs at zebras. I mean really, whats that frog gonna think, "Hey, what the shart is going on-WHOOOOA!-son of a fly, man I'm freakin hungry". Wow that was pretty random. Just because I dont believe in god, I'm not an atheist i dont like labels, doesn't mean I dont believe in questioning the existence of god. That would just be ignorant we cannot fully tell for sure what we truly are or where we truly came from or what are true purpose is if anything. I dont believe in right or wrong. I think its all subjective based on your genes, upbringing, and the customs of you and your selected group of friends. I think that society has become a very negative thing for the human and we're currently having to adapt to the everchanging culture. There is a tremendous strain put on the individual mentally everyday due to the way society has created a system of standards that people feel they have to live up to to achieve total happiness. Thats all anyone ever strives for is happiness. why then would someone work forty hours a week at a job they hate just to have a few really happy times. fuck that im here to get my own without disturbing the getting-of-own's of others. i dont care about money or any of that bullshit, i just want to be happy with the friends/lovers i have, the ones i will have in the future, and not so much the past because i believe the past, for the most part, is irrelavent. i mean its gone, its never coming back, and why worry about it. it is our nature to learn from the past because that is, once again in my opinion, best for survival. if we didnt learn what a snake is and its dangers people would get bitten all the time and there would be no medicinal services because doctors wouldnt remember what works for snake bites and what doesnt. One last question to propose, are we humans the most evolutionized creature on the planet, and by the way i do believe in life in outer space. I think that as a part of evolution, we are able to adapt to the world around us just as any other animal does. We can only adapt to our own cultures and the way we live life. For example we adapt to society just as a bird adapts to finding worms after it rains. I am a psych major and have heard all the theories about how we come about our knowledge, whether it be through cognitive processes, observational learning, or through physiological factors. I believe that the world is something that no human can ever comprehend, unless we evolutionize to greatly intelligent beings. All we can do is formulate our opinions and question those of others. Me, I'm happy livin the simple life and enjoyin the little things such as a good bong pack, i do believe that some drugs are good for you because it opens your perception of life and makes you think about things you otherwise wouldnt, a frothy brew, and good friends who are only there to enjoy life together and make the most out of what we have. people need to stop feeling sorry about themselves and work on improving their happiness by doing things they really want to do not what they are pressured to do by people around them.
well if ya made it this far, sorry about the rantin' its late and im bored. id love to here some responses to anything ive said anyhere.
peace out bitches!

35yrs • M •
though i love the subject evolution isnt viable for two reasons; one that dna prevents changes that massive from being possible, and two, because no scientific find has ever found the link between animals that to date we say have evolved. The remains of the in between spots that would exist becuase of evolution dont exist. I dont believe in a god, but science hasnt proven its theory either.

40yrs • M •
Obviously there is a link between monkeys and humans, and many other animals as well. Evolution has taken place over billions of years, that is very tough to comprehend because weve only been alive for 20, 13, 56,34,29, etc. years and thats extremely miniscule compared to the earths life. science doesnt need to prove its theory because science just is whether you choose to apply different meanings to it is up to you. We live, learn, adapt, reproduce, and go back to nothingness.

35yrs • M •
but if science can't prove its theory, then it is just another religion in the sense that people believe it without backing. maybe we do share common characteristics with monkeys, but don't you think we would have found at least one skeleton of the creature that must come inbetween. Monkeys dont just stand up and lost hair and become men, as long as there is no evidence, i put the same amount of value on evolution as most religions, almost none at all

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe that the universe was created from the memories of those that saw it. In a 4th dimensional sense, every thought we have is existant at the beginning of time, at the end of time, and everywhere in between. I believe that our thoughts are the key principal to the creation of THIS universe that we are currently in. Because I believe that when you die, you don't realise that you are dead, and therefore, exist in your last thought forever, thus breaking the 4th dimensional barrier. I believe, 'in time', this eternal conscience becomes aware of itself as such, and therefore, everything that it remembers, instantly becomes real in the 4th, and thus spills out into the 3rd. In a sense, all creatures capable of last moment thought(here, and on other worlds), made the universe possible when they died, and in turn, the universe made those beings possible. A true timeless cycle.

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 35yrs • M •

46yrs • M •
The 4th dimension is the discription I give to the phaase, or section of the universe is void of 'time space' but all potentials(what most people call Matter and Energy)are still represented. Us it is our universe past present and future, compressed into one 'spot' and one 'time'.

Imagine the mighty comsic, physics destroying power there, where the potentials of an infinate number of universes and the forces of each ones birth and destruction, compressed into a single moment in time and space.

35yrs • M •

46yrs • M •
Have a read of Stephen Hawking's: The Universe In A Nutshell. He has an even more amazing view of the 4th.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well actually this fourth dimension stuff shouldn't be takem literally. There are three physicall dimensions and one seperate 'space time' dimension. however, even the concept of three dimensions isn't true literally, it is just used to make science more understandable.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 46yrs • M •
So true. Hence my referal to matter and energy as 'potentials'.

It's impossible for me to put into words my true understanding of this reality we're in... I'm waiting for some genius to think up the words for me!

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
true understanding of reality starts and ends with the question 'who am I', or rather-'what am I'. no one knows what they are, you don't know who you are. If your personality,i.e your age, your face, the school you go too, your mother, what happened to you 5 years ago etc, is taken away, then what is left, then who will 'you' be?
Right now you may think, this is me, the person sitting here is me, the person thinking all this is me, but then if you can say that the person thinking this is me, then who is the person who is making this judgement? yes, it's kinda scary, when you start to realize that all those previous notions you had about yourself, that defined who you are, are not true, but once you get to see the otherside of the coin, your true nature, it'l be more than worth it!

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
what is your theory on life? - Page 18
  10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy