In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on. - Evilia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why Do You NOT Believe In God? - Page 4

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"See, i'm neither. I dont love him, and yet I dont hate him. He's done nothing to me. And thats the point really."
So you do believe in him? Since you say you are capable of loving or hating him, but choose not to. Myself I love him as much as I love Santa Claus.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tangentboy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i'm agnostic, i dont disbelieve theres a possibility of there being a god. In other words, im really not sure. I'm religionless, but always have an open mind to hearing new opinions and beliefs.

I can see what your'e saying aswell, with Santa Claus, its a false hope thing to make someone behave better. So, in that sense, yeah I love him as much as Santa aswell. Not very much, seing as there's no proof that either of them are actually there.

"Ég gaf ykkur von varð að vonbrigðum.... Petta er ágætis byrjun"
 38yrs • M •
Thinking about it though, if I had to pick one Religion I really relate with, its either Buddhism or Sol Invictus (which has many other names, and isn't really a main religion, being very old)

Both of which being that god has no physical presence (buddhism), but a sense of him/her/it is always there (Sol Invictus).

I really believe Religion is a great thing for people who can follow it, but looking at it from a purely technical point of view, I believe its cotton over the eyes. A comfort that tells people that infinity is non-exitant.

Myself, I think death is like sleeping.

When you lay your head on the pillow, you've no idea when you will fall asleep, it just happens. This can also relate to a dream being enterprated as heaven, or a nightmare as in hell, or a blank dream being nothingness, which is what historians believe.

I think it was actually proven that when you die your brainwaves transfer over to gamma for a few miliseconds before you die. Gamma brain wave patterns happen when you dream.

I might not be right, but I definately heard that somewhere.

Thinking about it some more this could aslo explain how near death experiences could be experienced, with those few seconds of gamma brainwaves before you die, and again when you recover.

37yrs • M •
A joke mate. Good beliefs, you believe what only humble honest folk do.

38yrs • M •
Cheers

Your'e English ?

I thought I was the only British person on the whole board

T'is good to know i'm not the only one

Aaaah, you'll find that from me, I often take things a bit too literally.

Oh, and i'm very gullible aswell. Unbelievably so.

Ciao.

37yrs • M •
Hey cool! I'm technically half-english raised in France and I only moved to Liverpool a few weeks ago. So I'm only now picking up all the so-british expressions

Whereabouts you from then?

38yrs • M •
I'm from a little place called Ainsdale near Southport. Its right neara beach. Its very quiet, but very nice.
(Its quite near Liverpool)

How about you ?

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Domz0r is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I thought i was the only brit!

Cept alien and courtney...

wow

We got a community

"I am Domz0r....roar!!!!"
 37yrs • M •
5 of us. W00t!

I'm in Liverpool, only 20 mins or so from uni. And the other brits?

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Domz0r is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Luton.....
So is Alien

Courtney is Dunstable...

We live in the shit holes of england....

"I am Domz0r....roar!!!!"
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
'm agnostic, i dont disbelieve theres a possibility of there being a god. In other words, im really not sure. I'm religionless, but always have an open mind to hearing new opinions and beliefs.

I'm not a very religious person, but I do believe in a higher power. Both my daughter's are catholic. When they're older, of they choose a different religion, so be it.

I do think it's important to belive in someone/something. If for anything, hope. My father was diagnose with colon cancer. I remember praying every night..."Please, please make him well." Several years later, my mother was diagnose with colon cancer. Again I prayed. I'm so very thankful they're alive today. Five years ago, my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer. I prayed some more. Just this morning we were talking about our Christmas plans.

Now, I'm not sure who I was praying to. I'm not even sure if praying saved their lives or fantastic medical treatments. It doesn't matter, it gave me hope each night.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I want to go to england apperanlty kids do graffiti on trains there..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 37yrs • M •
They do that in Italy and France too.. Probably just about everywhere.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im kinda new here so im not sure how im supposed to do this. oh well. here goes. Dumb teen, if u say there is no God because of all the injustice in the world, then where do u get ur concept of justice?

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 37yrs • M •
Its either a cultural thing or more likely a genetic thing. Societies of animals with a sense of justice, wrong and right will tend to do better then others because there is more order and the individuals of these societies will not steal/kill from each other as much as societies with no sense of justice.

If you think evolution is true (as I do) then Justice has a perfectly rational explanation : societies with individuals with a sense of justice do better then ones which don't.

Why Do You NOT Believe In God? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy