Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Science is prooving the Bible - Page 3

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
With biblical dogma, NO ONE has learned anything about how our universe actually works.
So if I say I have learned a lot from biblical text that doesn't count? The bible has many wise saying as well as old wives tales that have come to have a significant truth to them.
Long ago I would watch kids programs to understand what they were thinking. Example: my son had those Star Wars figures so I saw the movie so I could relate to his interest. I even watch Sesame Street but one thing bugged me so I mentioned it to a childcare worker.
'Why do they show so much repetition in these programs & the kids never seem to notice it?'
Her answer was that children like to have consistency at an early age & of course the learning process is enhanced by continual exposure to a subject. So to be perfectly honest with you I had not paid much attention to what I considered such within the opening of Genesis.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I surrender.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
So to be perfectly honest with you I had not paid much attention to what I considered such within the opening of Genesis.
quote:

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=27618-u-frmid=21
Secondly, that doesn't change the fact God claims first came Earth THEN light which is of course not true (scientifically, anyway)
As you have pointed to something which I have found a use for in another thread.
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=19412-u-frmid=21-u-page=1

Hey that is rich, like your sense of humor!
quote:
A black hole allows no light to escape, so you can't really see it per say. It's an absence of existence...anti-matter.
Dictionary of Science
black hole:
objects in space whose gravity is so great that nothing can escape from it, not even light. Black holes can be detected because gases falling toward them become so hot that it emits X-rays.

Supposedly, a black whole is a point in space (gravity well) which attracts all matter, including light (or forms of electromagnetic radiation)?

37yrs • M •
I surrender damnit.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
1) 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Ok, it says heavens AND earth. It didn't say the earth was made any certain amount of time after the heavens, so this here seems logical.

The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was[1] on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Ok, there was nothing on the Earth. That doesn't go against science. And maybe it wasn't literally meant to be "waters" but it was only called that because that was something us as humans can relate to.

3Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

This is probably when the earth started it's rotation, or maybe something to do with the moon.

4And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.

Nothing wrong here....

5God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

Nothing weird here either.....

6Then God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters."

This could be when Pangaea started to break apart.

So far the only iffy thing is about the light coming after the earth was made

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 72yrs • M •
quote:
6Then God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters." This could be when Pangaea started to break apart.
So far the only iffy thing is about the light coming after the earth was made.
Gen. 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. (KJV) -The expanse above the earth
Random House Webster College Dictionary
The arch or vault of the sky

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
One way to prove something is true is by making predictions with it. Science makes predictions every day, from the trajectory of a meteor to the odds of having diabetes.

If science and the Bible agreed all along, WHY DIDN'T THE BIBLE MAKE THESE PREDICTIONS?

St Matthew Ch24, vs 4~
And in answer Jesus said to them, 'Take care that no one leads you astray. For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and they will lead many astray. For you shall hear rumors of wars. Take care that you do not be alarmed, for these things MUST come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there will be pestilences and famines and earthquakes in various places. But all these things are the beginnings of sorrows.
'Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and will put you to death; and you will hated by all nations for my name's sake. And then many will fall away, and will betray one another, and will hate one another. And many false prophets will arise, and lead many astray. And because iniquity will abound, the charity of many will grow cold. But whoever perseveres to the end, he shall be saved. And the gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world, for a witness to all nations; and then will come the end.
'Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation, which was spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place- let him who reads UNDERSTAND - then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains; and let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything from his house; and let him who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak. But woe to those who are with child, or have infants at the breast in those days! But pray that your flight may not be in the winter, or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has NOT been from the beginning of the world until now , nor will be. And unless those days had been shortened, no living creature would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
Ch24, vs 29
"Butimmediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give her light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heaven will be shaken. And then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heave; and then will all tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon clouds of heaven with great power and majesty.

Oh yes, there are predictions.
Right now I venture we are in the beginnings of the end.
wars and earthquakes...but how swift that time goes..no one shall know, it shall come upon us as a theif.

Look around at al the natural disasters.
These are the beginnings...and altho you will read but not understand...let those who read and understand see these things as warnings of what will come.

Sorry havent been around, I have been up to my ears somewhere else where I mod, and play in debates.
And I own another forum....
and belong somewhere else..etc etc.
I have a full plate, and my business, and my four kids.

BUT periodically I remember yas.

Teen, sure hope this gets absorbed....I did what I could to show you...God Bless you and I pray for you...for all of you.
Peace!

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 56yrs • F •
St Mark 13, 2
And Jesus said to him, "Dost thou see all these great buildings? There will not be one stone upon another that will not be thrown down."

St Luke 21, 25
"And there will be signs in the sun and the moon and stars, and upon the earth distress of nations bewildered by the ROARING SEA AND WAVES; men fainting for fear and expectation of the things that are coming on the world; for the powers of heaven will be shaken. And then they they will see the Son of Man coming upon a cloud with great power and majesty. But when these things begin to come to pass, look up, and lift your heads, because your redemtion is at hand."

Anyone see how all of these predictions are hitting us...
War, famine, earthquakes, roaring seas, pestilence, etc etc...?

And we are being hit all over the earth now...with typhoons, volcanoes, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, Hail storms, Mudslides, fires......all the stones are being turned.

37yrs • M •
Of course there are predictions, any verifiable ones? If science and the bible say the same thing, the Bible must make similar predictions that science does. Which it does not.

56yrs • F •
Teen, the bible has been around for eons...and I can take time to pick out each nuance of what I just wrote so you better understand it at today's terms if you need it.
Also look up Daniel's predictions.

Must I take the time...? I will.
BRB...have to run soon, but if you say yes, I will.

BTW, science is now, this is then and now.

37yrs • M •
Science is now? Nonesense, the Bible describes POSSIBLE events 2000-3000 years ago, science describes past life, today's world and future changes.

The bible is an inaccurate then, science tells us of yesterday, today and tomorow.

72yrs • M •
quote:
It's all vague metaphor (conveniently so) so that people like you can create your own reality through it.
Yes & it can be very miss leading as incorrect conceptions exist within the fabric of its weave?
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=13596-u-frmid=21-u-page=1

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 37yrs • M •
" Yes & it can be very miss leading as incorrect conceptions exist within the fabric of its weave? "
Didn't you mama teach you to tok straight?

72yrs • M •
Hmm . . . I guess I never learned such things?
Ya, science & religion ( that is to say the bible or biblical version). Jesus first miracle, turning water into wine?
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=30909-u-frmid=21#30976 While in theory? i guess water could disassociate into an acid (+H) & base (-OH) [not probable]
or acohol groub but wine is indicative of the presences of aromatic hydrocarbons in the formulation?
Edit: what a nasty thought as I linked to another page ' did i get it right? (H2O) <=> (+H) + (-OH) => (-H) + (+OH), http://www.fortunecity.com/emachines/e11/86/randreal.html#Einstein scarey stuff. Happy Hallo!

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 37yrs • M •
You're completely impossible to understand man.

Science is prooving the Bible - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy