If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. - Oscar Wilde
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Science is prooving the Bible - Page 5

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"And archeology has time and again showed the accuracy of scripture...so common sense would lead us to believe IFall else found thus far prooves scripture then according to reason, it is accurate."

No, because some of the claimed times and events match up does not mean that the claims of how those events happened are, that is a problem we have in our own history books, history is written by those in power. The bible has been manipulated and changed, and thats a fact, and there are plenty of scriptures that weren't put in and or taken out, therefore no firm conclusion can be based off of the bible.

But I tell you what, I've seen people who seem to be actively trying to bring about armageddon, as the bad guys, and that isn't a good thing, as far as I'm concerned.

I do believe in the possibility of the validity of the bible in many ways, and I believe in the power of honesty, trust, love, and respect, and I also believe in the power of lies, corruption, greed, violence, and hate.

And quite frankly that is what is important, God knows the message is more important than the book, faith isn't in a book but in a person about an idea. The idea is love, trust, and repsect.

You cannot be for killing innocents in an unjust and lie of a war and still rationally call yourself a christian, stop lying to yourselves. All you need to do to see the big picture is look at what isn't being shown to you.

Do not ask for censorship of war's gore, if you don't see what you are doing you can simply act like it isn't happening. We are slaughtering helpless women and children daily and thousands are dead and dying.

We even flipped our flags backwards on our uniforms, did you know that, they say its because when you march forward the flag will flow behind you, the thing is, these people are into the occult, and there is a much older and more puposeful meaning to inverting symbols in cultic symbolism, it represents evil. Upside down crosses, pentagrams etc.

If you want to obey the bible than you are actual supposed to be putting whatever leaders of ours who participate in the Cremation of Care ritual, are supposed to be put to death.

Leviticus

18:21 You must not give any of your children as an offering to Molech, 29 so that you do not profane 30 the name of your God. I am the Lord!

20:1 The Lord spoke to Moses: 20:2 'You are to say to the Israelites, 'Any man from the Israelites or from the foreigners who reside in Israel who gives any of his children to Molech must be put to death; the people of the land must pelt him with stones. 20:3 I myself will set my face against that man and cut him off from the midst of his people, because he has given some of his children to Molech and thereby defiled my sanctuary and profaned my holy name. 20:4 If, however, the people of the land shut their eyes to that man when he gives some of his children to Molech so that they do not put him to death, 20:5 I myself will set my face against that man and his clan. I will cut off from the midst of their people both him and all who follow after him in prostitution, to commit prostitution by going after Molech.

Kings

23:10 The king ruined Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom so that no one could pass his son or his daughter through the fire to Molech

Jeremiah

32:35 And they built the high places of Baal, which [are] in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through [the fire] unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2005/020104grovebackground.h
tm

20:4 If, however, the people of the land shut their eyes to that man when he gives some of his children to Molech so that they do not put him to death, 20:5 I myself will set my face against that man and his clan. I will cut off from the midst of their people both him and all who follow after him in prostitution, to commit prostitution by going after Molech.

I thought this part particularly important, Patrish, if we follow these leaders who do this insanity, we are cut off too, we support this behavior if we don't actively try to stop it.

In this I hope you will be the christian you are so proud of, I hope all of us will do something.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that McTex is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
DT,

"Oh and God did give a VERY CLEAR timeline of creation. According to the bible God created the Earth and then Light. This is contradiction with scientific evidence which says that the sun and stars came first and then the Earth. "

When you say Earth you mean the "Now the earth was formless and empty".

Also the Hebrew word for Create used on days 1,2, and 3 is actually began to create and on days 4,5, and 6 means finished creating. Lastly we should not forget that Moses used a very common storytelling technique that is very common amongst ancient Hebrews and Semitic people. The story is told from an Earth perspective. Also, I read an interesting piece that said the sun, stars and moon would not have been visible to anyone on the earth until after the creation of an oxygen atmosphere.

"Again science says the opposite. The early earth was too hot for liquid water, so according to science it is first land, then water. "

That's news to me. I was always taught in science class that dry land appeared much later......?

"And also note this blatant contradiction in the Bible :
"And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof." (Gen.1:25-27)
Here God makes first man, then the animals. "

This is a common mistake and one that tries to critique the translation and not the Hebrew:

"4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created. " This chapter fills in data about the original chapter.

"19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them." See the word HAD.

"Science disagrees with the biblical account so much that to pretend that science proves the bible is simple malice or ignorance."

The noted Theologian and Philospher R.C. Sproul clearly disagrees with you. In fact, from what I have read, the Genesis order of creation is very close to the order that science believes.

"Thinking themselves wise they became fools..."
[  Edited by McTex at   ]
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"That's news to me. I was always taught in science class that dry land appeared much later......?"
It depends when we decide to call this rock floating around the sun "Earth". Before the atmosphere, no water.

"The noted Theologian and Philospher R.C. Sproul clearly disagrees with you. In fact, from what I have read, the Genesis order of creation is very close to the order that science believes."
Let me get my Bible and I will get back to you.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm sorry, I cannot get a debate concerning something written so long ago, in a culture we cannot hope to fully understand, AND which had been translated through how many languages? I would like to comment on individual subject however.

'Anyway, you cannot proove the unproovable...
IS carbon testing accurate? '
Yes, carbon dating is accurate, tested against known dates of events.

'And archeology has time and again showed the accuracy of scripture...so common sense would lead us to believe IFall else found thus far prooves scripture then according to reason, it is accurate.'
Any ancient writings, indeed just about anything, can have things read into it. Elvis does not appear in smoke, but once someone points out a shape looking like Elvis, everyone can see it. Let me ask you a question out of concern. Do you actually research things? Or do you blindly accept whatever your religious leaders tell you. Blind acceptance is not faith. Blind acceptance is the foundation of a cult. http://www.neopagan.net/ABCDEF.html

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that White_Bishop is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If this has already been said than I'm sorry for restating it, I haven't read many of the posts but if you know anything about the anti-matter theories than you could relate the empty void described in Genesis to the Energy that was once there before the "big-bang" took place creating everything. Possibly a way that science has helped prove religion. Maybe God is but energy, and all was energy, until in combined together to make matter that then was turned into planets, stars, and all that is existent to the touch.

"Words are but the pathways for thought to travel from mind to mind"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i was told to post this here..black holes,..... now i accept the fact that you dont belive you can fold the universe cuz i dont think you can either but you can not forget that there may be superior intelligence that could geometrically figure things that we humans couldn't even begin to understand in a million years from now or even relate to..

your telling me that in the whole entire universe that there is no chance that beings billions upon zillions more advanced than us could not exsist thus coming up w/ such ways of time travel?
pertaining to that "the meaning of life"

now dont get me wrong im not saying that there couldn't be a god does it say that god only created life on earth (and remember everything is theortically impossible till proven possible, look at the moon and early civilizations they never thought we would step foot on it)

mayb hypothetically speaking and im putting science and god together to solve all problems.. god created more life than just us and when we die on earth heaven is just another dimension of our very own universe zillions of light years away.. mayb life on earth is a test for our next life.. and to understand the meaning of life on earth we have to understand more about time.. where we are going and or coming from.. early man didn't know about sperm and stuff at first right..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Science is not all accurate. When the scientists said that the earth was flat, most people believed that, but at the same time when the Bible said that the earth was round long before it was discovered.

Isaiah 40:22
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

The Bible describes the suspension of the Earth in space.
Job 26:7
He stretches out the north over empty space;
He hangs the earth on nothing.

There are many evidences concerning the flood in Noah's time.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
'It is He who sits above the circle of the earth...'

A circle is not necessarily a globe. If you look at 'pre-round' earth maps, most illustrate the world as a disk, coin shaped, in other words, a 'circle'.

Actually, many different cultures have a deluge legend, or other type of world wide catastrophic event. The 'Seven Eves' theorem, based on the fact that humans contain only 7 sets of genomes, where younger individual species from the rest of the animal kingdom contains thousands, might be a good indicator of an ancient event. The proponents of that theory suggest that the human race was once quite larger and more diverse, and only some seven clans, or extended families, survived. This would also explain why human remains seem to spring up during the same basic time in several different parts of the globe, where travel and migration would not support such a wide spread event.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 39yrs • M •
Misplacedmarblz is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Interesting read.

I doubt the bible is right on this one...

"Young-earth creationists are generally religious conservatives who believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. They believe that the Hebrew word "yom" means a 24 hour day. Thus, they believe that God created the world and the rest of the universe within a six-day or 144 hour interval. Since they believe that the Bible is without error, if scientific findings and the Bible conflict, scientific findings must be in simpoly wrong. Many believe that scientists will eventually find the error in their calculations and correct them to bring their date in synchronism with a literal interpretation of the Bible.

Scientists use the scientific method to uncover truth. This means that they assume that things happen as a result of natural processes. They assume that God does not normally intrude into the universe and over-ride the laws by which the universe operates; that is, if God exists then he/she/it does not normally create miracles. Scientists base their calculations of the earth's age on observations and measurements, and conclude that the Earth is about 4.5 billion years old. They accept the possibility that some future discovery may upset this estimate. All findings in science are tentative, and can be found false if new information is uncovered. Many scientists believe that the creation passages in the Bible were written by individuals who lived in a pre-scientific age, who simply copied earlier creation myths from Middle Eastern Pagan cultures into the Bible."

Not trying to be a naysayer, its just that people in general tend to get attached to an idea and from then on view the world with "blinders". Sometimes if you just step back and look at it you realize how stupid an idea was. I'm not saying the idea of god is stupid, but the idea that the earth is only 10,000 or so years old is just an example of how devoted people can get confused when interpreting the bible too literaly and become too attached to an idea.

However, it happens both ways, science did think the world was flat...

go to this page...
http://www.religioustolerance.org/ageearth.htm

[  Edited by Misplacedmarblz at   ]
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=33559-u-frmid=21#43743[/u
rl
]
quote:
Refraction: the bending of light when it passes from one medium to another.
Refraction occurs because waves travel at different velocities in different media.
Example: a straw in a glass of water."

To become all things to all people that a few may come to the Truth."

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • M •
huyties is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
wow you guys are arguing about a book you think is written about the beginning of time. Do you really think that in the beginning we had any idea or concept of time or speech or language or anything? We slowly taught ourselves things over time a long period of time! If you watch animals all they know how to do is eat, sleep, move around, and SCREW ! Your listening to one person preach about what he thinks. Everyone tries to preach about what they think but not everyone listens. The only reason Christianity and the Bible are so popular is because it was CHEAP to believe in. Christianity sprouted the same time as Zoroastrinism. ALMOST the same concepts and beliefs but sheep were cheaper than bulls to sacrifice, only certain people could afford to follow Zoroaster, Jesus let everyone follow him. Remember the world used to be flat, the sun revolved around the earth, and the earth was the center of the universe!

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
[/quote]

TELL ME, HUYTIES, WHEN DID TIME START?

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
 38yrs • M •
huyties is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm not sure but thats the thing no one knows. But according to what the bible says the beginning of time was when God created man. So i believed it because i was taught to at a young age so it stuck into my head. But i'll admit i don't know when the beginning was.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I'm not sure but thats the thing no one knows

Unless one has some sort of faith one cannot logically believe in any event that happened out of one's life time. For example I was not present during the world wars all I know is what is written in books by people who claimed that it happened.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
....'darkness covered the abyss, and the spirit of God was stirring above the waters.

sounds like a hurricane to me...

Science is prooving the Bible - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy