Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

GOD and goofy belief systems. - Page 14

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For some reason everyonce in awhile my post are deleted. well anyway heres one. Circumstances are a losers way of saying i see no oppurtunity in my life. You happened to life not the other way around.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
that you are responsible for your actions and dont think that the curcumstances given to you are unfair

Why should it matter if they are unfair or not?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think awakened is referring to what is known as fate.
His fate is what it is. Alot of the time if any at all you can't change your fate.
.........but then again I don't know........
*Listening to Cloud's Theme (Orchestrated)*
On a side note, what does the 1M or 5M or 34895723M mean next to the number of post we have on our name? Just curious.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
WOW!!! I hope that he didn't mean fate. i'll wait for awakens reply. That's fine if he did mean that, then it clears things up for me on what he belives

"what if I'm a clone?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes fate. we are all fated in some way.

there are things that have happened before us. we had no control over. your parents, your contry, everything. no control. is it fair? not in the least bit.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
Why should those things be fair? Are you more deserving than someone else?

35yrs • M
no. just selfish. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER PERSON ON THIS PLANET.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
Not everyone is selfish. Also what makes you think that someone else has it better than you. Each situation has pros and cons.

35yrs • M
each situation is unfair. fair does not mean i should have it better. and i do not think that everything should be fair. i was talking about your lack of resentment being "goofy", because i think you should. god didnt care enough to make if fair. does that not bother you?

39yrs • M •
Well maybe my lack of resentment is goofy. I just feel no need to be bothered by unfairness. I see unfairness as a neutral thing.

35yrs • M
at least you understand that "god" is goofy.

39yrs • M •
God is not goofy. My lack of resentment may be because it is uncommon. But that doesn't make God goofy

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
But I look at all the terrible things that have happened in the name of GOD over the years, and think to myself,' they were using god just as an excuse.

Exactly. I'll never forget the simple wisdom of a chief I worked for once who said, I don't care what you do, a lazy man will be lazy, and he will always have an excuse, but you can actually abuse a hard working man, and he will keep working and never give up.

In the name of God great things have been done, in the name of God horrible things have been done. If you took away God, then it would be something else.

Some people will do evil, nomatter what, and some people will do good, nomatter what.

Those who blame God or the belief in God are just as narrow minded as that they blame.

It is true - what you say about others is the truth about yourself.

People are to blame for the evil in the world - PEOPLE. Not God, not beliefs (PEOPLE).

But not to be so negative, there are some people in this world trying to do some good things, and some of them just so happen to believe in God, and some of them don't. But if we all worked together instead of burning the bridges, that might help us work better, we might get more done.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
back from hols and ready to argue religion

seriously god hasnt done anything good for (supposidly) 2000+ years
Im gonna beleive in snata clause because he actually does something, oh yeh he isnt real well neaithers god.
I agree ppl use god as an exuse. The bible says this once happened aso he sent down jesus, wheres jesus 2.
Tell me when u find him

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Timmo, i think its not really about belief. For sure, when I went to church as a kid, I used to sit and listen to all this claptrap of God and Jesus and of all these mighty words, only to see a collection of money go around to vuild the church, so more claptrap could be said. Whilst the vicar stood and preached mighty words, and all the people listened, some poor kid was getting his ass kicked outside, some good 'Christian' dying from a horrible disease. These things are all human, all systematic, all lacking understanding.

I cant really tell you what God is, why he is. But I'm for sure 'he' is not a he. And he's not external, but really, internal, like a peace beyond confusion-hence the saying 'peace surpasses understanding'.

All I can say is go sit with someone who is spiritual. Someone really spiritual. Make take some looking but, just try. Theres no need to ask them about God, instead, talk about simple things, everyday things. What you will get is a sense of calm about them, a sense of wisdom, a sense that somehow the eminate something that draws you to them. This is a feeling. You cant really 'see' it, but its there. You may be cynical and just say; its just this chemical combining with this chemical, influenced by this event. Thats okay...but keep digging. 'Its hard to see the full picture with your nose squashed up against the canvas'.

""No words""
GOD and goofy belief systems. - Page 14
  6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy