The whole world can change with the flutter of a butterfly - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

GOD and goofy belief systems. - Page 9

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If, as you say, God didn't arrange the Bible, your comment about Revelations earlier makes no sense. So we both agree that God did not arrange the Bible, therefor, we must take the passage in Revelations to refer only to the book of Revelations and not to the Bible as a whole, because if a version happened to have Revelations in the middle of the New Testament, than that version would be incorrect because people would have added content after the no-additional-content beyond this point verse.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. " Revelation 22:14

"and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."
Revelation 22:19

Those two verses would indicate that omitting the commandments is the same thing as "tak[ing] away from the words of the book of this prophecy"

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
The Bible as a whole is not a prophecy. It is a record of the teachings, and life of the hebrew people, and of the teachings and life of Jesus. The book of Revelations, however, is a prophecy. Thus, chapter 22, verse 19, is clearly refering to the prophecy put forth in Revelations. The argument here is that the Bible is not a finished work. No one is arguing that Revelations is incomplete.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 39yrs • M •
If revelation is complete then the Bible is aswell because revelation is the completion of it.

37yrs • M •
I already said this, but I'll say it again. Just because the last book of the Bible is complete, doesn't make the entire work a finished product. If that were the case, then everything after Genesis could be thrown out because that was a complete book too. The Bible does not end at Revelations because supposedly God is still speaking. So why don't we write down what he says?

39yrs • M •
Because everything that God says come through the Bible.

39yrs • M •
Anyone who ever said that God told them to add onto or change the Bible has fundementally changed its meaning. Therefore they make the original Bible obsolete because it would contradict their new version.

37yrs • M •
So let me get this straight. God spoke to people two thousand years ago, give or take a couple decades, and wanted them to write it all down. But now, he doesn't want us to write down what he's saying? Is he afraid of copyright violations or something? This doesn't make sense. If he wants us to share his word with everyone, why not write it down so that more people can get access to it?

The only way it would contradict the old version is if they changed what was written before. I'm wondering why we can't write more. It doesn't have to be contradictory to the old version just because it's new material. Adding does not necesarily mean a change of the fundementals. Otherwise, Christianity, Judaism, and Muslim wouldn't have common roots because the new versions would make the old obsolete and that certainly wasn't the way it turned out.

39yrs • M •
It has nothing to do with copyrights. Do you think people who murder in the name of God are actually hearing God? God does not say "murder is wrong" one year and the next say "Go ahead and murder all you want but give me the credit."

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why wouldnt he?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M •
I agree with awakendwraith, I seem to be hearing a lot lately about how people hear god tell them to do all sorts of crazy things. And who are you to say that those people aren't actually hearing God? Who knows, you might be wrong about that.

39yrs • M •
If you saw a person dying on the side of the road would you help him?

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
of course

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M •
O....k.... I don't see how that relates, but yes. So wanna enlighten me as to how that's on topic?

39yrs • M •
Why would you help someone you do not know?

GOD and goofy belief systems. - Page 9
  5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy