The quoting of an aphorism, like the angry barking of a dog or the smell of overcooked broccoli, rarely indicates that something helpful is about to happen. - Lemony Snicket
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

GOD and goofy belief systems. - Page 7

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
DDragK is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Just to let you guys know I haven't been paying any attention to this thread but i found a ton of quote from Christian-Suprememisists.

These quote make me blanch and think about how some people can be so ignorant.

Fred Phelps on Homosexuality

quote:

"If you got to castrate your miserable self with a piece of rusty barb wire, do it."

quote:
"Hear the word of the LORD, America, fag-enablers are worse than the fags themselves, and will be punished in the everlasting lake of fire!"

quote:
"You telling these miserable, Hell-bound, bath house-wallowing, anal-copulating fags that God loves them!? You have bats in the belfry!"

quote:
"American Veterans are to blame for the fag takeover of this nation. They have the power in their political lobby to influence the zeitgeist, get the fags out of the military, and back in the closet where they belong!"

quote:
"Not only is homosexuality a sin, but anyone who supports fags is just as guilty as they are. You are both worthy of death."

Henry Morris on Science

quote:
"When science and the Bible differ, science has obviously misinterpreted its data."

J. B. Stoner on A.I.D.S

quote:
"We had lost the fight for the preservation of the white race until God himself intervened in earthly affairs with AIDS to rescue and preserve the white race that he had created.... I praise God all the time for AIDS."

quote:
"AIDS is a racial disease of Jews and Niggers, and fortunately it is wiping out the queers. I guess God hates queers for several reasons. There is one big reason to be against queers and that is because every time some white boy is seduced by a queer into becoming a queer, means his white bloodline has run out."

Jerry Falwell on the Bible and Society

quote:
"We're fighting against humanism, we're fighting against liberalism...we are fighting against all the systems of Satan that are destroying our nation today...our battle is with Satan himself."

quote:
"AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharoah's chariotters."

quote:
"The Bible is the inerrant ... word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc."

quote:
"AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."

This one is my favorite.

quote:
"If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being."

Joseph Morecraft on Worship

quote:
"Nobody has the right to worship on this planet any other God than Jehovah. And therefore the state does not have the responsibility to defend anybody's pseudo-right to worship an idol."

And thats just the beginning people!!!

""Flying is nothing more than falling at the groung and missing""
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I might be called a homophob but I am decidly uncomfortable around homosexuals. It has been a failing i have never been able to conquer, like so many other. However, i still believe homosexuals should be allowed to marry. If it is in a church that is up to the church and their relgious beliefs, to persecute the church for not allowing gay marriage is to be hypocritical, persucated gays persucating the church.

"What is true power?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Exactly. I'd say the larger issue should be whether homosexuals are alowed to marry at all. Canada in this sense, is miles ahead of the U.S. I agree with Azhrei that if a church wants to tell people that they cannot marry in their building, that's fine. It is the perogitive of private orginazations to deny entry to whoever they want. Private clubs do this all the time. It's perfectly fine for churches to decide on their own who can and can't marry in their building. But that doesn't mean that people should be denied the right to marry in the country at all.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
But that doesn't mean that people should be denied the right to marry in the country at all

They just never seem to be satisfied. There are two men who are planning (maybe already are married by now) that are not homosexual they are just marrying for the sake of legal benefits. This has certain homosexual activists angry because straight people can now benefit from all their "hard work". But the new legislation is just for same sex marriage and not specifically homosexuals.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •
DDragK is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
And just to let you guys know, I now hate the people who say those things. I believe in the freedom to do as you wish

39yrs • M •
quote:
I now hate the people who say those things

And people think tolerance is popular...

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just do not get what all the uproar is about anyway, it seems to me that homosexual rights are equal to heterosexual rights now. The might get tormented, but if it bothers them that much don't flaunt their sexual preference. heterosexuals don't go around gays and go "Hey i sleep with the opposite sex"

I just get tired of this, it may seem like im being insensitive but the truth is most of their persecution is brought on by themselves, and people who do not have to work or have lives so they take up this cry and make a big deal out of it.

"What is true power?"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I see gay marriage as a religious freedom. If a church is willing to marry them than the state has no right to not recognize it. It may be true that gay marriage is a rather new thing, who says religion can't advance like everything else.

It is true that you believe that all of us were destined to hell, at that time we were equal, but now that you are destined for heaven, how can you still believe we are equal.

This might be the wrong place for this. I once believed as you and then one day I questioned it and woke up.

How is it that God creates us just so we can go to hell? That seems very unfair and extremely cruel. How come someone goes to hell for eternal hell fire to burn forever just because of one sin, that surely is not just.

Yet the bible teaches that this same God is merciful and just.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
who says religion can't advance like everything else.

Can you be sure this is an advancement?

quote:
I once believed as you and then one day I questioned it and woke up.

When I question I see things in new light and this enhances my ability to learn. What questions were you asking?

quote:
How is it that God creates us just so we can go to hell?

If this were the case then Jesus would have never come to earth.

quote:
How come someone goes to hell for eternal hell fire to burn forever just because of one sin, that surely is not just.

And yet a murderer can be sentenced to life in prsion (or even death) for one crime. Maybe we're too hard on criminals?

64yrs • M •
quote:
And yet a murderer can be sentenced to life in prsion (or even death) for one crime. Maybe we're too hard on criminals?

Surely the law of the land is more just, because life in prison does not compare to forever in the burning fire of hell.

If only murders went to hell, it would be easier to believe. But the way I understand it, it is because Adam and Eve ate some fruit that they were told not to eat and all of us have inhereted that sin.

God was nice enough to send his son to die for our sins. How nice is that? If that's the way he treats his children, making them pay for other people's crimes, I would not want to be his son.

But I do beleive in God and I do believe in Jesus, I just don't believe he died for our sins. He died because of our sins. We killed him, because he was too good and it seared our concience. So if we make him a criminal it will justify our own shortcomings, so thats what we (or they did). That's why he died, because we are sinful.

But his death was necessary so that his teachings would be resurrected and shared with the whole world. He knew this and that's why he let it happen.

39yrs • M •
quote:
Surely the law of the land is more just, because life in prison does not compare to forever in the burning fire of hell.

It is the same thing. Take away mans mortal life or take away man's immortal life. In both cases life has been forfeit.

quote:
If only murders went to hell, it would be easier to believe

Do you believe yourself to be better than a murderer? Are not all people equal?

quote:
God was nice enough to send his son to die for our sins. How nice is that?

Jesus had a choice. He did not have to die but that would have meant that we would.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The bible is contradictory. I think we can all agree on that. In some parts it says love thy neighbor, and in others, it says that god hates gay people. So it seems to me that if the bible says both to love and hate homosexuals, and you choose to hate them, are you really following god's instructions, or are you homophobic and looking for any excuse to drive homosexuality into extinction?

"He who does not question is lost."
 39yrs • M •
The Bible says love your neighbour and it says God hates sin. This does not mean God hates certain people but rather He hates certain actions of people. If you can only see people for what they do not who they are then that is your problem.

64yrs • M •
I stand by what I said - You missed the message and have failed to make me believe otherwise.

35yrs • M •
But we have to remember people. The Bible was not written by God or even by Jesus, the Bible was written by Man.

GOD and goofy belief systems. - Page 7
  3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy