Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

GOD and goofy belief systems. - Page 11

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why would he change his mind?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If we're supposing that both patients are identicle in every way as far as condition, money, illness, ethnicity and so forth, than the only person who could explain why he changed his mind is the doctor himself. I'm not a telepath.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 39yrs • M •
How likely do you figure this senario is?

37yrs • M •
That two people of exactly the same ethnicity, background, social status, wealth, prosperity, decency, and however many other factors you want to throw in, go in to the same doctor with the same problem, offering the same amount of money, and one is treated and the other is turned down? I don't think that is very likely unless there are extenuating circumstances, such as, the doctor has a personal grudge against one, the doctor ran out of medicine, or something else.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 39yrs • M •
So the doctor would be unlikely to change his mind about saving two people of the same status and all the rest.

37yrs • M •
As far as my experience has led me to believe, yes. Is this the place where you cite a real life story that contradicts this? Cause if it is, let me just say this now. There are always exceptions.

39yrs • M •
So then, why would you believe that God who loves all people would suddenly decide that He didn't love them and just murder them and then arbitrarily love them again?

37yrs • M •
Hmmm let me think about this for a second... He definately judges people based on their actions, and damns them to hell for doing certain things, but he says to love everyone... that seems like an analogy for the don't kill anyone, but kill these guys cause they do this.

39yrs • M •
People choose to goto Hell. And God doesn't give us the task of speeding up people's journey there

37yrs • M •
So let me summarize again. God loves everyone and doesn't want anyone to go to hell. We've covered that. Now also, because a certain group of those people don't believe that God is the deity of choice, they're damned and need to be converted. If someone is raised to believe in another religion and has never heard of the Christian God, they're still going to hell, but it was hardly they who made the choice.

39yrs • M •
quote:
If someone is raised to believe in another religion and has never heard of the Christian God, they're still going to hell, but it was hardly they who made the choice.

Not necessarily true. God has made exceptions to certain people groups. Like a remote village of Buddhists in China that removed all idols from their houses in response to a dream that one of the villagers had. After the idols were gone two Missionaries came and taught them about Christianity. But if any had died prior to the arrival of the missionaries they would have been saved because they acted out of faith in God in spite their lack of understanding.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
under the assumtion that he knows all, he would notchange his mind. but what if he doesnt?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
Knowing all has nothing to do with mind changing

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when we learn we change.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So, if I understand this, god cannot change, because it knows everything.

"He who does not question is lost."
GOD and goofy belief systems. - Page 11
  6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy