Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why did God create the universe

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Before the universe was created, everything was in harmony, everything was in 'unity', there was a 'onness', and that onness was seprated with the creation of existance(universe). And that is the onness that many people strive to attain(enlighnment).
But why sperate everything. Why should God seperate Himself. So that 'souls' etc cud learn?

I think it wud be better if we just let go of 'why'. As time didn't exist back then, there was only that possible moment in which the universe cud have been created, so there's no question of 'why', there was no other option other then seperatness(creation of the universe)

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^lol...Ii'm new here but lemme try N show you this...

God didn't create the universe, man did. In efforts to understand the simplicity that is the sky, the simplicity that is the mind, the simplicity that is life, he endeavoured to find out what is knowledge. Curiousity is what dissrupted the smoothe flow of oneness. Nothing has changed since the start of time if it wasn't by mans hands, man is the only thing that has ever been corrupted, therefore he corrupted everything he touched.

I've heard a theory saying that 'when man understands what the universe is then it will disappear and something even more confusing will take its place.'

I heard another theory that all this already happened!

Curiosity killed the cat....in this case it's killing the man through confusion!.

"Being is not knowing!"
 39yrs • M •
seektruth750 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Oneness, enlightenment. Both of these things are intangible, subjective, human-created ideas. There was no general, all encompassing "oneness" that was destroyed when "god" separated matter from energy or whatever the hell you think he did. Get a clue man. God didn't create man, man created God. He is the Santa Claus for a-dults.

"Never be too timid or squeamish, all life is an experiment."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Existence did not begin with the universe. It began with you.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is it even possible to find an answer to this question? Hasn't man always sought an answer to this question? Why do we exist? Why did God create us? Does God even exist?
(Looks at the crowd and shrugs)

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
isnt it possible that exsistence is, always was, and always will be? even if nothing is there to observe it. "if a tree falls..."

"why" and "how" are irrelevant. instead think about "for what purpose"

hmm... im getting all matrix-y again....

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that starforsaken is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
how did god create the universe.

how did anything create the universe. My #1 question in life right now is ... what happened before the big bang??

because the particles had to come from somewhere. God simply made them be? Where did God come from? I'm a firm christian, but i also question everything and think about this stuff a lot. Yet, I can't even come close to grasping any concepts that make any sense at all.

"www.starforsaken.com"
 35yrs • M •
730, how can u say the universe was uncreated??!......duh!

Seektruth, things like enlighnment are beyond logic, so you can't disregard something when you don't even know what it is.

Starforsake, asking what happened before the big bang is irrelevant, because no 'moment' existed in which 'something' could happen

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 35yrs • M •
Thats why asking what happened before the universe is irrelevant

Well, to some extent we can percieve ourselves, though not trully.

38yrs • M •
I know you won't agree with me and you'll prolly think i'm crazy......that's o.k tho, my name's 730 it means crazy..

Now I've come to the conclusion that before all this confusion and all this mass destruction that the universe was a place of White light which is the universe...or the purity of God.

I believe that there was an alternate reality of Darkness too!

Now when the corruption of the divine realm first began it created a portal from the world of light into the world of darkness...the Living race of humanity left from the purity of the world of light because they wanted knowledge of the world of Darkness....Good - Evil....Creations story...Right wrong....

Basically what I'm trying to say is, there were no twinkling stars, because we could only see planets against a white background........The darkness is the only thing that causes planets to look like lights from afar off.....Now when I said that God didn't create the universe, I didn't mean that the creator didn't make the planets and sky and all that, I mean the knowledge of the universe is not what he created...Man in his search for his existence found what the universe is...

Disagree with my thoughts, cuz i'm a crazy man....I mean nothing I said can be backed up by phisical proof, or by logic...but don't you think that If the patter of the most supreme being (which is God) is usually simple....don't you think that the reality in which the creator lives is simple too?

^^this is just a summary of everything I want to say, ask me to explain more later...but I don't have the time now..

"Being is not knowing!"
 38yrs • M •
And I also agree with AOD...all of this is irrelevant...

"Being is not knowing!"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that McTex is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Your question is why did God create the universe. The answer is that for some reason it pleased him to do so. What ever its ultimate purpose God found it good and worthwhile, even knowing it would cause he much sadness and suffering.

What did God create the universe out of? Nothing. The universe comes from God only.

"Thinking themselves wise they became fools..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm... so god is a masochist...

my question would then be, why did/does this universe of ours please god?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy