Cameras not only capture moments in time. They are notorious for lowering a persons IQ. - Chained Wings
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why did God create the universe - Page 8

User Thread
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Beuphemia I feel sorry for the way your life has planned out it's a shame that the love you seek so badley is the only thing your life is truely without... It's almost asif the past event that have stuctured your life have forces you to admit defeat and fall in love with the fairytales of the bible.
In some weired way you have fallen in love with Jesus a 2000 year old mythical person and even then you still arnt fully accepted into christianity.
At first I was intreaged by your views on Christianity but you are possible the biggest hippocrite of them all, you cannot claim you are a Christian but only pic the rules you choose you cannot claim you love "your god" as if you hope to be forgiven for your sins... I really think you are lost in the mythology of the bible and need to come to the realisation that "God" is not a biological being and dose not think in a humanoid mannor god did not purposly creat earth and god isn't judgment... The god I speak of is all of us decended from a few singal celled organisms who started all life on the coincedence we called earth... Everything thatt is and has been in the universe is God and till you realise this you will allways seek love in the romantic readings of the bible.... If you could trully understand that we are all one conciusness experiancing ourselfs then you too would denounce all possiblitiys of heaven and hell and live your life for the momment...

It pains me to think that there are human such as yourself who are so lost and so scared to be alone that they feel the need to take comfort in a 2000 year old book of storys and contradictury laws.
I hope one day you will realise the true meaning of life and seek for yourself and your child a future worth living instead of clouding out your reality with wishfull thinking

My life is far from perfect but instead of praying and requesting help from a higher being I thank life for what I have and attempt to make things better for myself... I supose what I'm trying to say is you need to beleive in yourself (god) because you are god and the creater of your own future... If you have no beleive in you then your son won't either hense why so many people turn to Christianity when times are hard just as there parent did...

Ps I think you are getting me and iron mixed up lol

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God doesn't exist because every thing is according to the bible obsolete because God knows everything, and therefore if someone knows everything why create man , i mean he wouldn't need us for amusement because he is obsolete, and all the other things that you can think of he wouldn't need to create us because he is absolute in every way therefore a God cannot exist because if one did we would not exist.

God cannot exist while we exist!!!

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
 36yrs • M
James I think you are correct in what you are saying but god does exist ie the universe is god we are god everything is god... I am strongly against preechin the bible as it is a very old book writen by 2000yr old logic... If you look past the word god and consentrate on the meaning of the word "god" as in the creater you get the universe if the big bang theory is correct then all that was in the universe is the universe including the unevolved versions of ourselfs...

all so you can look at the circle of life as being god like or missinterprated reincarnation
cow eats grass cow dies we eat cow we die we decompose to form minerals grass uses minerals to grow cow eats grass... So on and so on... We breath o2 and exhail c02 trees breath co2 and exhail o2 meaning we are all one soul evolving to create a habitable enviroment for ourselfs to thrive to be part of the circle means you will never truly die your body will but your soul lives in unisen with the world... Hope that made sence lol

76yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that dbh is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We do doodily do, doodily do, doodily do
What we must, muddily must, muddily must, muddily must
Till we bust, bodily bust, bodily bust, bodily bust.

--Books of Bokonon

45yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Beuphemia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
FUCK!!! I responded to you Iron and it got lost dam it. fuck!

45yrs • F •

45yrs • F •
Ok well I wrote. I clicked post. It said log in. That happen before and I somehow found the shit and copied it before logging back in I think cuz this time I logged back in before copying and poof.

Anyway super abridged version. I pretty much agree with everything you say...
Flings are connections too yes. That can be a problem too. But let's not get into that no more cuz this aint the forum.

Gotta scold you bout this though...
quote:
Obviously debate can be had over your beliefs and choices vs reality in terms of your past relationship and indeed more of my points would be made clear, because you obviously failed to take some realities into account when making expectations on your hubby.

But I'm not sure you're up to that at the moment. But I will say its harder to be hurt or sad when you don't have unrealistic expectations.

Did I fail to mention my ex-husband beat me while I was pregnant, slapped me cross the face whenever I had a different opinion from his, held me in the house in the doorway at knife-point, choked me til I passed out, and threaten to make me and my son victims of a murder suicide. What is so unrealistic about expecting to be safe at home with my mate? Surely this was not clear to you or I must have refrained from revealing that. Funny thing is tho I am not at all sad or hurt... I'm just gone and glad for it not only because of the domestic violence but because even without it he was holding me down and I loved him too much to ever leave him if it wasn't for his abuse. My life is much better. I was not meant to stay there with him. That there is the only reality that needs any accounting of. I know we play devil's advocate here, but surely not even the captainest of captain cynics would reason for chronic domestic assault. or please don't. please. plus it has nothing to do with the universe and stuff.

Decius- I agree and support psychological analysis just as much as anything else. Neurology too. The nature of this beast we are in the modern world presents all sort of predicaments. Bodies made to work hard and forage for food now more threatened by obesity than being attacked by a wild animal, no real need for fight or flight synapses yet still there, so we find something to react strongly to in this easy life that came upon us faster than biology could adjust. Buddha's Brain is a great read. I simply don't have the issues you do with Christianity or the bible so I see it much different. I can read Budd's Brain, written by neurologists explaining how brain chemistry relates to happiness, love and wisdom through the scope of Buddhist principles and see those same truths in the bible. perhaps it is the framing of the truths that you have a problem with. I can see where you are coming from. I just don't have a problem with eating up as much information I find valuable and I think most information is valuable. But yeah I like simplicity too. Big time! One simple absolute statement can be just as true as libraries of information on a subject. I think it is really neat when the simple statement comes first. Neurologists have miles of research that shows how stress and regular hostility cause heart disease, right. Buddhism set standards intuitively that thwart ill health cause by ill will with sutras that advance facing mistreatment with loving kindness to avoid the inner-hate that causes stress and disease, or forgiveness not to benefit the wrong-doer but to benefit yourself by enabling freedom from the after effects of what they did. And then there is Jesus who comes along and says simply "forgive one anther". All three support the same truth. Maybe you have a problem with the authority in which Jesus communicates it though. The scientist explains in it out and sideways and backwards. Showing exhaustive proof so you don't have to take their word for it. Great, cool, thanks science you're swell. Buddha makes a passive suggestion that if you want to be happy and chill then it will be good for you to handle a situation like so and so this way... if you want to. Hey they're chillen' what they care if you chill. Tell yah if you're asken but whatever, right? The bible just frames it different. Yo, people. Forgive one another if you want to be down with God. Offensive and annoying right? But then you got people like Theory that says we are all god, by that logic Jesus just said the same thing Buddha did so I really wish y'all wouldn't get your panties in such a twist bout the bible. Sounds like you are offended that the bible says people sin. You got a real issue about sin like it is some kind of accusation and judgement but I don't see it that way. I think the bible's talk of sin is the same as Buddha addressing the fact that a human can react in a negative way to something, or make choices that are detrimental to the well-being of them self or others. Im tired, just got home from work, my son is hyper and annoying the fuck out of me. My first reaction might be to tell him to shut the fuck up because I feel that way and I can because it's in me to behave that way cuz i am human or cuz I'm a sinner. What the fuck is the difference? or the big fucking offensive deal. Get over it. Or I could take a second, breath and refrain from reacting, knowing that the neurologists explain I have adrenalin pumping through me and its making me edgy so i need to adjust myself accordingly and consciously. Buddha agrees because to react with ill-will is an affliction and an offense to my higher-self. To let the lower self (THE SINNER!!!) take the reins of my behavior would be harmful to myself two-fold because I would also be offending my own child by mistreating him. Respect the higher self and the higher self in others. Then Jesus seals the deal as the last bit of air ends my exhale. Love the Lord your God (creator or self, whatever floats your banana) with all your heart and love your neighbor as you love yourself. Advice given knowing that first reactions are not always the best reactions because we are savage biological beasts, prone to self-poisoning SINNERS!!!!!!

But you're entitled to have issues with the bible. From your perspective I can understand why. Christianity is so evil and idiotic the way you frame it. In communication scholarship we study how the way the news media's framing of a story affects how it is received. One source can report a KKK rally with a racists white supremest frame while another source can report the same rally with a "freedom of assembly" or "freedom of speech" frame. Those two approaches are going to ask different questions, get different answers, invoke different feelings, and garner different proportions of opposition and support for the same exact rally. Why does one source choose to frame the story one way or the other? These framing choices can be affected by the usual suspect, bias, but its usually a combination of other things like media ownership interests, audience, politics, other stories they are running and which frame fits best with those... Sometimes it could even come down to the decision of one field reporter and how they felt like writing about it that day. I wonder how much framing comes into play in our exhaustive discussions about Christianity. Let's stop. We are doing this to death and obviously I have lots of other topics I can expand on.

Why did God create the Universe? That's a loaded question if I ever heard one...

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nope, I have no defense and attempt none of domestic abuse, but I do maintain that expecting it not to happen is unfortunately less reasonable than preferred.

No need for fight or flight? After your story? Really? I'll humbly disagree there.

Being a child of domestic abuse and just being reminded that being a "built, clean cut, white boy" (their words) is hazardous to your health when surrounded by paranoid mexicans. I have never been asked that many times if I'm a cop or narc before.

Kind of a catch 22 when they are complaining that I'm making them nervous and seem anti social when they are openly hostile.

I still told them they were dumb for thinking I was an under cover cop because I stuck out like a sore thumb.

I won half of them over before I left. Friggin prison mentality there though, races gotta stick together bullshit.

Im just lucky they thought I was too big to fuck with, and they are right, sorta, I underestimate no one. Rant aside, fight or flight is still in demand.

Why did god create the universe, boredom. Its the only logical thing to do.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 45yrs • F •
yes of course F or F is still needed, just not as frequently

that's true you can't really expect DV not to happen cuz it sure could. but you know what I mean... it's not an unreasonable standard to set for how a girl will allow a boy to treat her.

32yrs • M •
xaeft is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I fear this was mentioned somewhere throughout this topic. I have not read all posts. This topic has gone way out of topic, but this post is on topic.

Thinking about the big bang has always led me to believe that everything was contained within that point before the universe exploded. If everything was in that point than everything is in "unity". For me, 'unity' is very close to 'harmony', as both require some sort of agreement to be together in a sense.

Also, I had a physics teacher that once told me that if people could move at the speed of light, they would see everything as not moving, and thus is stationary (relativity!). However, the fact that everything is stationary may mean that everything is still in one point and has not moved from the starting location of the big bang (undetermined to humans). Just imagine, the time that light experiences is still at zero (0), so time has not even started for light!

(un)Luckily, there is nothing that can reach the speed of light (it's a limit) that humans know of, so there is no time freezing yet.

And so, finally, I ask you this:
As time is not moving for light, does that mean that this whole universe still does not exist in the 'eye's' of light?

EXTRA...

Now, asking why was it created is like asking why we are alive. The mere act of asking this question and desiring to know the answer could indicate some disarray that is happening to your life. Are you having problems of some sort? But is also a need to answer the curiosity that is within all of us.

Unfortunately, as far as I have figured out, all things; including any debate like this will have to be limited by the narrow view all of us has obtained. We must not give up, and we must figure out the 'truth'. To me this and many other topics are strictly neural connections that lead to these opinions.

For example this opinion:
Humans want to say they are God, because of:
1. God is seen in us because humans desire power, that is why we say we are God, because we want to be as powerful as God - or at least equivalent.
2. Some believe that it was humans that created God, so that means humans are an equal to God. But that asks another question: can humans create something greater than themselves?

That was made through the concept of desire alone. People want things and they try to get it.

"ut proverbium loguitur vetus..."
 36yrs • M
I like your point that light cant experience time but time itself can only be perseived by a consious mind... If anything light is time, if you moved faster than the speed of light in a circle you would be back before you left or before light could reflect your image, so you are basically saying light can't perseive itself which doesn't make sence lol

on your last point
allthough I'm sure your points are correct in some casses and theres no doubt some humans beleive in your opinions but I think you have mis construded the word "God" as many people do... God is a word used in today to describe a devine consious being who created everthing for a greater purpose.
But in my opinion the word "God" actually means "Universe" and if god is the universe and everything inside it all living and non living objects that have been or will be are infact all parts of god. The world which we live is god meaning we are god a group of cells evolved and created a hospitable atmosphere to progress. The way I see the universe is a ever expanding object converting energy to matter until it implodes as it's streched to far compressing all matter to a molecule thus creating a big bang and it all starts again for infinate time....

When you die you wake up as a baby being born

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Seeing as how time is not likely linear as we perceive it, light may see all time. And non linear time in a sense could be faster than light, as it already exists ahead of light.

There was a theory a while back that posited the notion that the speed of light is not an accurate limit. Based on the big bang exploding at such a rate that it not only pushed matter but light, making light and perhaps even matter faster than light itself.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M
Then I guess it comes down to what speed the consious mind persieves time, a pigeon persieves time linearly or on a logarithmic scale eg a tv to a pigeon would seem like a slide show of pictures. Hense the reason why pigeons take ages getting out of the way when they see a car coming towards them.

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
and that onness was seprated with the creation of existance(universe

oneness by definition...
would mean that in an infinite universe........ i could build no walls or divisions.......... because a part of infinity is infinite.....

so then...

if you accept an infinite universe... then not only can it not be divided in anything but equal parts... infinity

then one must accept the fact that,

in an infinite universe... every point in that universe must be the center of the universe

as yourself

if you impose the value of a universe into the circumference and the diameter and the radius formuli

you end up with the same conclusion

what's the difference if you get that and then you don't

?

if we have the same perspective... then those that don't just do not

with the same views.... arriving at the same places... how can we think of others as arrived at the same point?

you're the center of the infinite reality as am I...

can we be as effective as we know we should be? lets show it somehow

somehow our own effectiveness will affect the social networks to the point

that they make an area where we can understand these things without differences

i have an idea

most will oppose it yet it will solve our process, and we will succeed

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
Why did God create the universe - Page 8
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy