People come in to your life. People go out of your life. What always stays is you. - captain
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why did God create the universe - Page 5

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
illwill is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
dude that is some deep stuff

"death is only a gift given from god"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
From what I understand, the universe is still possesses oneness and timelessness. It is consciousness entombed in a shell of three-dimensional space and linear time that creates this universe of division and temporality, because time and space are categories of thought and perception and not physical properties of the external world. What people seek out is not some other world, but the real world we can niether percieve nor concieve due to this tomb. So, it seems, it is not a universe of division and temporality that God has created, but unrealized consciousness preoccupied with the world it has created based on the categories of three-dimensional space and linear time. Well, atleast that's my reasoning.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 80yrs • F •
Curiosity is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think the question is do you believe god created the universe or do you think that god exists within ones being? There are many concepts of belief along with all the various religions. So Why! is a leading question, which makes for an unrepliable answer.
I must say I have enjoyed reading the answers and in the intelerlectual way that everyone has replied.
I myself believe that God is within ones own spirit and that we should lead our lives along a path that we as a human should be proud of.

"Quantum Sufficit"
 46yrs • M •
Believe it or not, I agree completely. If you understand the true nature of space and time you discover that the entire universe, all things and all beings, all space and all time (past, present, and future) actually exists within us. We are the center of the universe and, therefore, we are God unrealized. The individual human mind knows only itself and what it experiences and, therefore, we are God, and this our universe. It gets alot deeper than that, especially when you realize that everyone you meet is actually an aspect of you you once were and, actually, are now. You are everyone. You might lose your mind (or think I've lost mine) if I go on any further--Lol!.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I must ask only one question...how can we be able that there was total oneness and stability before existence was created? There are no records, noone was alive to have known it...and given the story of Adam and Eve the earth and existence didn't throw off the perfect balance. It was man that tipped the scale by sinning. That is began the never ending battle of religion, good and evil, and who's right and who's wrong.

46yrs • M •
I understand what you're saying. And I think you're right, but I also think that the universe is, at this very moment, in a perfect state of timeless unity. I believe that existence in which the mind is focused on a "subjective" world of three-dimensional space and linear time, what we call the physical material world, is the true source of chaos and confusion. This chaotic and confused state, I believe, is not a property of the external world but a symptom of some subjective prison we find difficult to escape. It's actually pretty simple to see the unity and harmony in the world around you by thinking in higher terms apart from the categories of space and time that tend to divide and temporally limit things. It's amazing to begin to see subtle rhythms and intricate connections between many seemingly different things and events. This perfection is there, we just have a very hard time seeing it under the conditions we are forced to exist. And, so, in a sense, it IS man who has created this state of chaos and confusion for himself, but it only exists in his mind, whereas the "real" world is ultimate perfection.

80yrs • F •
Curiosity is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I enjoyed both replies to my posting and as it was my first and the age I am. I was quite impressed with the answers. However I don't totally believe we are alone and that providing you lead a good life and enjoy other people and animal life as I do. I am positive someone is looking out for you. I have a good few years on most of you and I find that your enquiring minds make you half way there. You have so much to look forward to IF you want it. I only wish I could be around when they go forward into space and hopefully find what you are all looking for. I hope I am not too old to stay within the discussions with you all

"Quantum Sufficit"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If anything, you should be more welcomed to partake in this discussion for the fact that you have those extra years of experience with life on us.

I want to believe that there is a "God", but it embodies and sums all of us. The reason we talk to "God" and think there is a response, is because we create that response and solve our own problems within ourselves.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This idea that the universe is perfect is something that I struggled with for a while. Ithought the universe was chaotic and full of paradoxes, black holes and such, but actually when you look at the world around us in the form of nature, and look at it in terms of number - number as in patterns and rhythms, look at the snowflake, a salt crystal, any crystal structure for that matter, or look at the symmetry of all nature, leaves, flowers, insects, the foetus (which starts off pretty much the same whatever creature you look at), DNA - both the micro and the macro, look at the symmetry in galaxies, it looks pretty perfect to me. In actual fact it looks like a perfect design.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 46yrs • M •
Yes! You know what's really cool is when you realize that there's this overall rhyth all around us and you see everything moving in unison somehow, in perfect harmony, like some great synchronized process that is both conscious and alive. It's amazing.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
And maybe that's why everything seems so strange to us, because we humans lack that equilibrium with the universe, but everything else doesn't have a problem as far as functioning in this world.

I mean ... we reproduce at an extremely excessive rate, we consume and destroy every resource we can get our hands on in an area and move to another place, we create and cause chaos. I just don't get it sometimes.

if the thought crossed your mind, I pulled that idea from The Matrix, because it's absolutely right.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we are here to experience that we were never here at all... u think that is air your breathing.. matrix

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 51yrs • F •
Oh no give me a break! Not the matrix again!
You need to unplug man!
Otherwise go and see how deep the rabbit hole goes somewhere else.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im not saying the matrix is real but it holds alot of truth about life..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 51yrs • F •
I'm not disagreeing with you because the Matrix and keanu reeves are high up on my top films top actors list and of course it has some great philasophical quotes, but I just think they've been quoted to death and you need to come up with some original analytical29 versions you can use, from your own heart.
How does analytical29 see the universe and its origins and why God created it?

Why did God create the universe - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy