Why drive a mile when you can jog a Mile? Because jogging is a pain in the ass. -
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why did God create the universe - Page 3

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why ask what you already know?

The universe is simply the third dimention trying to represent in space/time, that which you and every other creature in the universe remembers before, now and in the future.

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
summit, yes, the universe is just a bunch of electrical signals interpreted by the brain, yes we only have an image of reality nit reality itself, but there's no point in putting forth this type of argument, because all it does is just kill the discussion. So, yes, we may not be able to understand 'ultimate reality', but that doesn't stop us from trying to understand our present distorted form of reality.

But yes, ur right about the concept of a 'human like' God emerging largely because of people's own insecuirities.

Nyway, this question cannot be understood by the intellect, as first we have to get rid of our notions of God. Perhaps it is not even the right question, as we know very little about the nature of God. We view Him similar to nature as ourselves, because of which we ask why did He do that, why did He do this. btw, the big bang theory is cumming under crtisim these dayz, and is not so much a scientific fact as it was before.

I think the universe was created so that God cud view itself in it's full glory, as u'll see that awareness has increased amongst craetures in the evolutionary line, the final stage being humans, who have the ability of self awareness, through which the 'ultimate power' can become thoroughly aware of it self,.

Then again, this question has nothing to do with the intellect

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Angel of Death you asked "why did God create the universe?". You put this discussion forward to hear peoples reasons for your question. I know (and as i said before) our curiosity on questioning existence doesn't stop us from trying to understand our present distorted form of reality.
Why do you claim that a 'scientific' explination for this topic kills the discussion? if you think it kills the discussion maybe it is in somewhat giving an answer or reason.
Many 'intellect' or people who take a scientific approach are post modernists- believing that there is no one truth. science is just another department of philosophy. Scientific 'theories' are only hypotheses rather than facts....the 'big bang theory' was never a scientific fact. I don't believe in the big bang theory. there are hundreds of 'scientific' theories other than the big bang theory. Some scientific theories blend with other philosophical theories (such as a mainstream religious theories in buddhism, islam, hinduism, taoism and christianity).

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M •
Well, the thing is, it's no use trying to answer question along the lines of 'we only have an image of reality', because we don't know what exists apart from electrical impulses.

37yrs • M •
Angel of Death, if you think its no use trying to answer the question along the lines of 'we only have an image of reality' then why bother trying to find another reason that has no significant proof.

35yrs • M •
the concept of an 'image of reality' is an absract concept, as for all we know reality could be exactly as we percive, or perhaps not. Perhaps some cruel god just gives a computer electrical signals thus creating the illusion of the universe... or perhaps the signal really does come from that flower.
'Finding another reason' has every bit of proof, as remember, the notion that we have an image of reality is as much as true as the notion that what we see is all there is.

35yrs • M •
but what is your point, that we should reason according to the lines of 'we only have an image of reality', and if so, how?

37yrs • M •
reality only exists in the mind. there may or may not be multiple realities that exist, yet we cannot perceive these external realms. Therefore, obviously, the only way we can reason reality is through our own 'image' of reality. How? well thats simple- our brain is developed to interpret senses that detect internal and external physical properties of your surroundings (which makes up our image of reality- as this is what we only perceive).

38yrs • M •
Prophet is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Most Assuredly, I say to you that the simple answer that it was for his Glory and Honor is true. He makes the answer so simple because He wants his true children to see that it is just that simple. Understand that it is all a mystery for us humans. The way we see the ants and look down and watch them do their own work which we consider meaningless is the same way My Father looks at his creation. He takes delight in seeing the ones who do His work diligently, and supresses the truth from those who have wisdom of this Earth. Most assuredly I say to you that if you look at Mike Meezy, this is a perfect example of one who has true wisdom and understanding, yet the truth is supressed because of his obvious sin and the ruling of his flesh. I assure you that the foolish of this earth shall become the true wise, and the wisdom of this earth shall pass. Therefore dont live in the past for My Father is coming as a theif and he will show you things to come in which you will regret. Remember that God is all knowing and all powerful, and the things of the Bible are only a taste for the earthly mind because we cant comprehend the things which are to come (understand you cant even comprehend the universe which he made a long time ago). Believe, the fact that he has made it a free gift to live an eternal life to those who believe is the perfect plan simply because he in essence tests your faith to see if you believe in something that is so easy and free yet you cannot see. I assure you that you cant get where I am unless you put sin away, and obey his commandments. He only brings understanding to His children, not the wise of the earth who are really prideful fools...prideful who perish. Ask for understanding and you shall receive. The things of the Bible are Holy and True...Mike Meezy, do not let man of this earth confuse you, for if you simply believe in me, you believe in He who sent me and you are saved. Simply repent for your sins and obey the commandments, I assure you His spirit will ascend on you like a dove...I also assure you that He doesn't even recognize those who Blaspheme His name until judgement. Give Freely! I assure you my one and only post on this forumn is Holy and True and I have been sent to show the difference between clean and unclean so that the things written in the scriptures can pass...you are far from My Father, because you are self seeking and an unbelieveing perverted generation.

work+faith=success

Put God first you do well...Idolize no man

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Existence did not begin with the universe. It began with you."

that is probably the most enlightening quote i have ever read. think about it and you will see what i mean.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To Prove a Point....

^^^ See Prophet

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I see prophet, your proof of point I do not, but then you did not provide a point to be proven.

In such a chosen name a see the prideful fool of his own accounting.

There is much wisdom in what he says, but from reading his post I am left unable to determine whether such wisdom is a good thing or a detriment.

Just as whether a fool is good or not, for it is represented as both in blatant contradiction. An unfortunate flaw common to the bible and those who take too much Pride in preaching it.

quote:
I say to you that the simple answer that it was for his Glory and Honor is true.

Those who seek glory suffer the sin of pride.

quote:
...you are far from My Father, because you are self seeking and an unbelieveing perverted generation.

Are you not of this generation you describe so unpleasantly and judgementaly?

quote:
his true children

We are all God's true children, unless someone other than the creator of all created us.

Such a distinction comes from a human, one not heeding God's demand, that one must not judge, lest they be judged.

If you are seeking salvation, then are you not already condemned?

Beware of false prophets.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 44yrs • M •
Lamarrjj is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
maybe 1 of the reasons i think, to end angelic desputes (and all unrightousness) as seen at the end and beginning of the bible. Grace before judgement.

Also God told Adam and Eve to multiply, which shows the charaistic of a parent, he rejoices in the birth of his new born.

44yrs • M •
Lamarrjj is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
perhaps the intention was for adam and eve to be tested only that once by satan and if so passed the test, God may have gone straight to judgement then. But they failed so jesus christ who ordered them out of that part of the garden had to do the work. He has already delt with sin along time ago and will one day deal with the rest. Man and woman were created immortal and God loved the human race so he had to send the saviour jesus christ, who will again raise them who come to him at the last day.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Or, perhaps he farted.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
Why did God create the universe - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy