Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

This sounds like a debate for... Super Hero Mania - Page 3

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just watched a really good new smallville, they had the Flash in it, it was one of their better shows.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i missed it forgot all about it actually...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
HAHA Sucker! j/k

Did they even have one on last week, I watched the debate and about kicked myself when I realized I would have missed it, but I think I heard there might not have even been one, either way this weeks was really really good, kinda classic with the way they had them race a little, I remember the good ol days of superfriends and how superman and flash would race.

I like what they did with the flash in Alex Ross n' companies Kindom Come elseworlds graphic novel, that thing is one of the coolest comics of any sort ever.

If you don't know about it its a story in the future some 20-50 years in the DC universe, everyone is aged or dead, and the world is overpopulated by the new generations of super heroes, its really good.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
The official press release came and Brandon Routh is 100% indeed Superman.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Favorite comic hero...definitely Superman. Love the Smallville show, who can resist with your favorite comic hero, and Kristen Kruek?!
I have to say that out of all the tales of Superman, the one that I loved the most and would like to see on the big screen is the battle with Doomsday, but that would probably be better off as a 2nd or 3rd Superman flik.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 46yrs • M
"Favorite comic hero...definitely Superman"

Just out of curiosity, any reason why Superman is you favorite?

40yrs • M •
Tom Welling aluded to being signed to some major movie in an interview not to long ago... with this news of Brandom Routh out... it leads me to believe that Tom will in fact be Goku.... if the movie is ever made

46yrs • M
Was your first thought superman? He said he of course recieved the offer but that they would have had to cancel smallville to do it, and I guess he or his contract said no, I'm not sure just how true that is because he has done a movie or 2 while on smallville, but not the lead of a big budget flick, and if he does become goku, well that seems as extreme as superman anyway, so someone's probably full of something.

Brandon in 25 and Tom is 27, kinda odd how the younger version of supes is older than the older version.

40yrs • M •
honestly ive given up on the new dragonball movie, im not going to truly believe its happening until i see a preview for it(same goes for superman)... so the thing about Tom could very well be bull, but i do know that he likes the series and was/is very interested in playing the part.

46yrs • M
Ya I haven't heard much on it past rumors, but superman has been in the works for so long and with the obvious push of superhero movies and the fact that Superman is already basically the pioneer in some ways means its far over due, I just hope they don't rush and make a bad movie, thats my biggest concern at this point.

But production is far beyong the limbo its been in for 10 years and the finally have the role cast, they have studio time lined up and rigs built for flying, as well as a script and pre visualized scenes, so its happening, for better or worse.

Take the X-Men Movies, since Singer directed them or whatever I think to myself how they are good movies but not the quality I would look for in my Superman, so I'm probably screwed, they already dropped the ball on my other number 1, the Hulk, so I probably just need to get the lube and bend over, but we will see.

40yrs • M •
i found a picture of Brandon... i think he looks pretty good for superman, but... can he act? hopefully!

46yrs • M
I don't know if you saw any info on Brandon when you saw his picture, but he does have TV experience as well as a new movie (his first I believe), not that that attests to acting skills but FYI.

44yrs • M •
Why Superman?
Because of his wide range of powers, and his flying ability, also his willpower. Can't imagine having that much power and not taking the world as mine.........lol.

46yrs • M
Ah, he's too smart to want to take over the world, its too much work to maintain and once its yours its like an old toy. And even then there is always someone trying to take you out EVEN MORE.

Thats one thing I really love, is he is really smart too, doesn't hurt that he's the baddest on the block either.

So then Wes, I ask you, have you seen the new actor, do you think they'll be able to make a good movie? They are taking the story from right after superman 2, having him return from being gone for some reason a few years later.

44yrs • M •
Very true about the "old toy" never thought of it that way.
I think that if you look at what they were able to do for X-Men, Hulk, League of Ex., Daredevil, etc. you should have confidence in this new try. Besides, do you really think they would choose a so-so actor for a part in a potential blockbuster of a movie?

This sounds like a debate for... Super Hero Mania - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy