The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers. - Denis Diderot
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

This sounds like a debate for... Super Hero Mania - Page 2

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that Alfred will be played by british film "legend" Micheal Caine

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
I hear more every now and then about the proposed AKIRA live action flick, I would love to see a good one, but can they really make a decent AKIRA movie?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
Anyone ever see the low budget live action Fist of the North Star, I haven't yet, but I know they change the story that its nothing too great, but I'll still check it out aventually, its probably ten years old already.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i havent seen it either, but i have read from many many people on various websites, and they all seem to agree that it is one big ball of suckyness

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
sounds good on a lonely night

46yrs • M

Christopher Reeves, SUPERMAN, dies at age 52 on sunday of heart failure.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tangentboy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I know, I cried when I heard the news just a few hours ago.

He was truely one of the greats.

"Ég gaf ykkur von varð að vonbrigðum.... Petta er ágætis byrjun"
 46yrs • M
Well all I have to say about Chris Reeves is that he had an obligation to Smallville (for his role as Dr. Swan), me, and all his fans, so he just needs to rethink this whole death thing, we all no how well it worked out the first time they tried killing off Superman, so get up, you're not fooling anyone Chris.

46yrs • M
BIG news for Superman fans, it seems the long awaited, highly plgued new Superman movie has finally conquered its biggest challenge, finding the new Superman himself, Bryan Singer, the director and man behing the 2 X-MEN movies has stepped off of X-3 since being asked to helm superman.

So who is Superman?, you don't know him most likely, this team felt they pretty much needed an unknown, and so 25 year old 6'2" Brandon Routh of Des Moines Iowa appears to be our man. I haven't heard yet as to why he appealed to Singer in particular but am interested to find out, I've seen pics of this guy and think there is potential, and dammit I hope they get it right.

This movie is currently meant to tell a story where basically it is meant to kind of continue from the old movie (not to be an origin story as other teams were attempting) where he has been away and will return, given the working title (not official) of Superman returns.

This movie is due out currently '06, will we believe a man can fly, or will we care about super heroes by then, well I can't answer for you guys but you would have to have a small army to keep me from seeing it, and perhaps some kryptonite.

46yrs • M
Oh, and interesting tid bit. Brandon's birthday was on the day Chris Reeves slipped into his coma, and then died of the next day.

40yrs • M •
you sure thats not just a rumor? seems fishy to me... if its true thats very strange.

46yrs • M
which part a rumor, his birthday, na its his birthday oct 9, him cast, well thats still always possible, they could change too.

40yrs • M •
yea i meant the bday. when i hear things that match up in strange ways like that i just tend to doubt them. they do happen really frequently though.

46yrs • M
Also found out that Brandon's home town is about 100 miles south of George Reeves old home town of early TV Superman fame, also part of a rumored curse with his killing himself, Chris Reeves accident and eventual death (right around the time he gets back into the world of superman on smallville, just as soon as they brought the original lois lane on, hmmm) also attributed to the curse is TV's Lois Clark star Dean Cain's career, who recently had the honor of playing Scott Peterson in a low budget flick. Well, they were stupid to have a short superman anyway, (no offense Dean), those plus produciton plagues offtenly attribute to such a curse, A new superman movie has been in the works for over 10 years and has sat unmakable through 5 solid years of comic book rush movies. Hopefully this means they will get it right.

Hey, at least Nicolas Cage isn't superman (love your work but c'mon) Ya, he's gonna be Ghostrider now, thats better.

Last year at halloween Brandon was CLark Kent with a superman outfit underneath, destiny much. THese pics are on his website, go to superherohype for easy links.

46yrs • M
Jesus did I get off track, I was origingally posting to tell of a current casting rumor for superman, Bryan Singer the director of X-MEN was also the director of the Ususal Suspects, and him and Kevin Spacey are good friends (so I hear) But it seems now he may be Bryans current top pick for Lex Luthor, still not official that I'm aware, though there has been more confirmation on Brandon as Supes, In the past names like Bruce Willis and Johnny Depp have been mentioned for Lex, Depp was Actualy a possibility for Jor-El supes father at one point too, and anthony hopkins was supposedly Jor-El about 2 years ago.

This sounds like a debate for... Super Hero Mania - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy