Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

This sounds like a debate for... Super Hero Mania - Page 8

User Thread
 400yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that poser exposer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
photo of old LEFTWOOD... lmao...

"i hate cRap!"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You are retarded, talk about mental illnesses.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
And you double posted that. Moron. Can you believe this guy leftwood? lol....

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
technically triple, since it wasnt even his to begin with. your creativity and wit continues to amaze me poser.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
Kelsey Grammer is Beast in X-Men 3!

Well, didn't see that coming, but I think I could really see it working, as long as they make a good Beast to begin with, the article says no comment on Gambit, so I don't know whats up with that, though I'm thrilled about Angel and Juggernaut, don't know if Colossus will be back or do much, hope so though.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3023

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
i think if anyone can pull it off he can. but of course the suit or effects have to be good first.

46yrs • M
What's Your Super Power?

http://whatsyoursuperpower.com/

And here's a FF4 free online game.

http://fantasticfourmovie.com/game/

46yrs • M
Not a bad song and video from FF4 soundtrack

http://www.fantasticfoursoundtrack.com/video.html

46yrs • M
How would you rate "Batman Begins"? (with 10 being best)
10 out of 10 58.5%
9 out of 10 25.6%
8 out of 10 10.0%
7 out of 10 2.4%
0 out of 10 1.1%
6 out of 10 0.8%
5 out of 10 0.8%
4 out of 10 0.3%
3 out of 10 0.2%
1 out of 10 0.2%
2 out of 10 0.1%

Total votes: 2027

Current tally on a Super Hero Hype Poll to give you an idea of what people are thinking about Batman Begins.

When I stopped by Burger King this morning people in the back were even talking about it.

I thuroughly enjoyed the film myself. Much more powerful portrayal of the Batman character as well as the origins of him, not to mention more sensible.

Its been a while since I've left a theatre somewhat inspired from any film, let alone a comic movie. It was a welcome and refreshing change of pace.

Cast, acting, sound, music, visuals, everything was top notch, and no drowning in unecessary special effects. That added a much more solid and real feel.

The emotional story was actually emotional, bad guys made you want to bitch slap them (like they should), and now I like Liam Neeson even more as an actor, and I already loved him.

And though skeptical about the Batmobile at first, now I can only wish I had one.

I gave it an 8.5 - 9

40yrs • M •
no point in making a new thread i suppose.

i loved Batman Begins. my only serious complaint pertains to the way Scarecrow is "defeated." it was fitting and quite funny, but it wasnt very satisfying. perhaps theyll bring him back? other than that, the acting was essentially cheeseless. the comedic remarks were well placed and didnt take away from the very dark theme. the movie has far more depth than previous Batman flicks... something that fans had to make up in their own mind previously Morgan Freeman almost stole the movie, but everyone was cast well. the fighting could have been better, it had the "shakey camera syndrome" that you see in a lot of movies, and thats getting on my nerves more and more. all this needed for a perfect ten is some more stylized fighting, and possibly the batboat

8.5/10

46yrs • M
Interesting snippet from an article about "The Flash" in the works.

"We're going to go into the 'Speed Force' and a lot of the cosmic aspects of the character from the more recent past," Goyer says. "Trust me, we're going to do a lot more than have the Flash run on water and create vortexes.

"I have a guy from M.I.T. helping me with all of this. We're going to be playing with relativity, Doppler effects and all kinds of things like that. Audiences will be amazed."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/story/317795p-271823c.html

40yrs • M •
Fantastic Four -

special effects officially bore me. the only mildly impressive scene was the final batte. the movie is full of great cheesey lines. it all ended up being pretty funny, i could really feel some emotion from The Thing. ill see pretty much anything with jessica alba, maria menunos cameo is a nice bonus too. overall i was entertained but it was just another movie in the end.

6.5/10

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
this has probably been mentioned before, but did anyone else find blade trinity a bit of a let down. i think compared to the second one it sucked so badly. blade had gone from being cool without trying as the strong silent type, to thinking he was a gangster with fangs. u could have cut the dialogue by half if u lost all the 4 letter words. and for some other inexplicable reason it just seemed a bit naff. am i right in thinking that it was directed by someone different?

As for other films, X-3 sounds good, and i to would love to see gambit, and more of colossus, they rule. I really need to get round to seeing batman begins, it looks like such a cool film.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 40yrs • M •
each blade movie has had a different director. personally i only really like the first one. its pretty cheesey but i liked the storyline. 2 and 3 were just lame, poorly written to begin with.

batman begins rocks

46yrs • M
Microsoft & Marvel Sign MMOG Deal
Source: Microsoft Corp. July 14, 2005

Today at Comic-Con International, the world's largest comic book convention, Microsoft Corp. and Marvel Enterprises Inc. announced a licensing agreement that will team the entertainment powerhouse Marvel with Microsoft's proven creative and technology success in the interactive gaming space. Under the terms of the agreement, Microsoft has obtained the exclusive rights to develop and publish massively multiplayer online games (MMOGs) featuring Marvel's iconic universe of superheroes for use in games developed for the Xbox 360(TM) system and published by Microsoft Game Studios.

Just when I was deciding not to worry about getting an XBOX 360, dammit, anyone got a few hundred bucks laying around?

This sounds like a debate for... Super Hero Mania - Page 8
  3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy