We end up taking a one-way flight to a deserted island we've created for ourselves and in our minds. - WanderingNobody
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What happens after death? - Page 5

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
DEBATED is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hey .. i find everyones opinions interesting but about the reoccuring life i have to dissagree, unless of course you are saying the people in our lifetime do not exist. an example my friend passed away 2 years ago ... so if his life is now re occuring he should be meeting me in about 14 years from now in which hopefully i will still be around aha ... but anyways to my point how can i exist in his new reoccurence when i am still here in this time and place? unless of course in his world im only a drone.

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PhilipMui is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Paradise is only heaven if the eyes of the beholder see's heaven
One must not seek heaven or run away from heaven fearing misinturpation
One must not hide from the hands of life
When time, it will softly hold you in it's hand
And craddle you to sleep

Then the journey is up to you

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I must admit I haven't read all the posts but I get the general idea, there's lots of things I could say on this topic and be here all night, I just wanted to make the observation that a dead person when they are weighed before and after death, actually weigh slightly less after death! Why? Because something is not there that was there when they were alive, their spirit! Maybe our memories and life's experiences are like downloaded into the spirit like a memory stick and when we die it is this energy that comes out of the body and makes us weigh less. Any theories?

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PhilipMui is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Death has been over materialized. Death has always been like this. We are all matryers, we are all holy men/women, we are all amazing, death is just to prove to others that you are non materialistic and not at all affaird, but very affiard and are able to pull courage from that fear and face it. Death should not be a tool, death is fate, fate is life. If we accept fate, then we have free will, sadly, people do not except fate therefore spending half of their lives trying to stay alive. Fate is graceful as neutrality. Do not love death for if you love then you hate the material life. Do not hate death for you will love on too much in the material life. Let death as the equilbrium corrisponding to life embrace you.

"Thy Lovest Soul"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Skarpio is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that there is an afterlife
Heaven or Hell
not exactly ur choice where u want to go, but that's just my opinion

"Live to Fight Another Day"
 40yrs • M •
DEBATED is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have thought about this on and off and i have come to the conclusion that death is merely a transformation not an end. There are soo many people that believe death is death n ceise to exist well i can prove you wrong no matter what point you give me wether there be a soul or not life will remain eternal and everlasting you cannot stop it. let me ask you. What makes us who we are? Well here are some possibilities:
- Soul
-Chemical code hidden in the brain
those are 2 BIG ones

Okay so if there is no soul it only leaves chemical code
Alright now we know for sure that the universe will never die. Quantam physics states that everything is energy and energy can not be broken down or destroyed. I believe if it is a genetic code you will still return as a life form somewhere. Think of it this way your code came up once the odds of that happening were 1 in mayb 100000.... times 100 to the power of a gazillion okay? okay so the odds of it happening again are about the same (if it happens once it can happen again and will because it is in the infinite time of the universe. Think about it if you buy loterry tickets forever one day you will win because forever is continous n constant so there is no end so even if ur code isnt reproduced after that much time eventually it is. Sometimes people dont fully grasp the meaning of forever but forever is FOREVER lol so if it is a code no matter what in infinite time you will return. ne ways i have wayy too much info to write here if u have ne thing that will prove me wrong let me know n i will prove myself to be correct. I think that death ending in nothingness is the least possible outcome if anything come test me or give me some challenges.

41yrs • F •
laral is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe in Eistiens theroy that energy evolves. If you look up at the stars you are seeing a ghost. The stars that you see would have died billions of years ago. I also believe in life after death as i myself feel as though my body is only my shell. My soul will unfortunatley live forever.

"Happy days"
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i believe in reincarnation, I believe that everyone experiences everything from being a girl to being a boy, being smart, having a disability, long lived, short lived, rich, poor and so on. lol

and Skarpio

quote:
I think that there is an afterlife
Heaven or Hell

I don't think you go to heaven or hell...I think Earth is hell...

God banished Lucifer to Earth or some shit so I think Lucifer made Earth his hell...

think about it...the other day i thought...there isn't alot of people on this earth that have done nothing wrong as a sin, and ok so there are people who ask for forgiveness... but I said the other day...if there was such a place as hell...don't you think it would be overpopulated by now? Because there are more people that have done wrong then right....but think...Earth is some sort of hell....there are starving people, homeless...murderers, rapers...its full of hate and shit right? Everyone is against another.

People believe in Ghosts and Spirits, I know I do, I believe the bad spirits are the people that have been kept on earth for eternity because they are so "evil" so to speak...idk...

Reincarnation for me lol

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I noticed this post and remembered the discussion about the theory of eternal recurrence, the idea that when we die we are reborn as who we are in the same year, on the same day, in the same house and live our lives all over again. I was pleased to see the responses to the idea but was surprised by some people's problem with the concept based on ordinary conceptions of time. Some people couldn't understand how your best friend, who dies at 12 for instance, can somehow chronologically be reborn at the correct time so that it all works out perfectly the second, third, fourth (and so on and so on) times around. It disappointed me that people still think of time as some chronological "line" with events happening in order from the beginning until the end of time. Based on the well-known "special theory of relativity" we have every reason to believe that time is much more interesting than that. It may be that the past, present, and future all exist together as one in space-time. Moreover, time-experience may actually be "malleable" in such a way that it may move "slower" or "faster" for each of us, allowing for unlimited and strange possibilities. And, finally, if it is true that we live within our own little "circle" of space and time beyond which nothing else exists then, yes (as DarkJester so eloquently explained), this “chronological problem' would certainly not be an issue at all. Eternal recurrence is, of course, only a theory, but an interesting one. And this “chronological problem” does not constitute, atleast for me, a very strong argument against it.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
this works equally with multiple universes:> In this universe I am a housewife, and have three beautiful daughters, in another universe i am also a housewife but have three handsome sons, in another universe i decided not to get married and became a teacher, in yet another I pursued my love of music, we make an infinite amount of choices in our daily lives, just think how different our lives would be if in another universe we chose another path or action. Like sliders! Is that what the series was called, when the boy jumps around alternate universes trying to find his way home?

As for the afterlife I like to think there is a place in another dimension that our energy that is our soul goes when our bodies give out. I think that if you are a religious person and afraid to go to hell, you may just hang around earth as a ghost, until you accept that you can move on somewhere else without judgement, or maybe we are judged before we can move on and hell is hanging around here for eternity! Who knows.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 38yrs • M •
BlakSkwrl is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I personaly have not made up my mind, but my view of the biblical ending woud be you are died then reborn then die and reborn untill the end of day's. In the bibal it say's everyone will be risen from the dead and if you think of that resonably it's compleatly impossible. People will be standing on top of people's head's up for miles and that's just not right. I think what happen's is that in the end everyone get's there collective memories back which will let you know what kind of person you realy are then you will be judge for your collective lives. Everyone will know everyone because they will see the person they once new in one in there lives. I know I am kind of combinding a few fates but I beleave that there is a small truth in everything, but I just have not been able to prove to myself if there is a God or not.

"Wealth, popularity and power tend to dethrone the authority of reason and to pervert the soul from the natural to the artificial."
 42yrs • M •
JeffBoswell is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
~REINCARNATION
I think this would be like going into a typical sleep with a typical dream, and within that dream there would be a cross-over between your recent life, and the new life that is taking start. The old life would fade seamlessly from a dream into the new life as an infant's early imagination, then into an early instinctive train of thought. Lastly, a new pool of memories would develop, erasing any previous ones that might linger.
Kind of like transfer of energy.

~HEAVEN & HELL
I would say, instead of crossing over into an exchange of souls, you would just remain in a dream that was not bothered by time, or the living. It would be a dream similar to the ones you have that feel as if you were asleep for hours and hours, and yet you wake to realize you've only dozed off for merely a minute or so.
That one split second in which you pass away would become your eternity. And that timeless dream would either be your heaven or hell. The guilt or pleasure that you took from life mentally, would determine between the two, which one burdens you forever, and ever, and ever and ever, and ever, and ever!

~YOU DIE & THAT'S IT
Go back to the first thing that you can remember in your life. Try real hard, making sure that you can not remember anything before this point. O.K., now the feelings that you felt before this 1st memory- that is probably what this would feel like.

Let me know if I made all this confusing!

"I am me"
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that BillyNoMates is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
maybe death is just best being the unknown......

"Jingle ALL the way!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Sky1234 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Since there is no one here experience death yet, there is no absolute answer to "what happen after death", because no one could answer that without being dead, than i prefer no one could answer that question haha...

But there is a lot of "post-death" theory some say reincarnation; a life and death cycle, heaven and hell; eternal existence and judgment after death, black out; just nothing, because the brain died...etc.

for me, i would stick to black out theory, because it is the most logical one i find among those theory, but i don't know, I NEVER DIED BEFORE

Kind of copied what JeffBoswell said, please forgive me~

"Beware of the dog"
 33yrs • M •
sticker is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think that your mind switches off.

For ex)

Have you ever slept through the night without dreaming....? You dont know what happened because your mind was turned off.

The same with death i think but that your mind is unconcious.

"The possiblities are endless to us humans and to the existence of life"
What happens after death? - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy