Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What happens after death? - Page 3

User Thread
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"I realize that freedom of speech gives you the right to respond in any way you choose, and I truly respect that, but I ask you in the spirit of compassion to please not assume that I am unaware of the teachings of Christianity or that I am some freaked-out Bimbo who has never given much serious thought to life and death."

I never assumed that you were "some freaked-out Bimbo" lol - I really try not to assume too much about posters but try to take people at their word(s).

"My GREATEST hope would be that everything I grew up believing relating to God and Heaven would be true and that I had learned enough in this lifetime and become pure enough to be worthy of being in God's presence. I want desperately to believe this. Do I believe this? I am no longer sure."

Well as a Christian I would plead with you not to believe that!

You see, the point of the 10 Commandments is not to show us how we should behave or what we can achieve but how utterly impossible it is for us, humans, to reach that standard.

The point of God's laws are two-fold. One it shows us what is required to reach heaven. The second exposes the self-evident fact that none of us are that good - that we are all sinners.

If you believe that to enter heaven or be joined in the presence of God that you need to learn enough or be pure enough then I am afraid to tell you that you never will be. If Heaven is perfect how do you plan on being perfect enough to enter it?

Instead I would ask you to consider Jesus' perfection and His gift of forgiveness for your imperfections and His desire to redeem you into a perfect being whom He calls friend. Jesus wants to put your burdens on His shoulders and all you have to do is humble yourself enough to allow Him.

God bless!

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
At risk of sounding derrivitive, what if you die and god is a giant chicken? then what?

"dont got one"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if god is a giant chicken, there is perfect reasoning for it.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • F •
CharlieBelieves is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Of course if god could turn out to be a giant chicken buyt it is much more likely he is a dog seeing as god backwards does come to the word `dog`!

"Believe in yourself and you are open to all other beliefs"
 36yrs • F •
CharlieBelieves is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have been thinking about what happens after you die and I have come to the cnclusion that you don't die... Because not to know the reason we came about also means we don't know if we are just forgetting what happens before we we're born. For all we know the afterdeath is when we remember and who knows, what then...

"Believe in yourself and you are open to all other beliefs"
 32yrs • F •
Hanie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i dont think i really know what i think. but my kinda belief is that we are sperated from our boddies at death becoz u like hear all these peoples near death experiences n thier like all the same floating ova thier clinically dead boddies and the whit light. i also belief that we are born into another body becoz there have been people that have been hypnotized and they tlk about thier past lives. this one girl sed she hid in a church from people that were goin to kill her but they found her n she got hanged n they checked this church out n it werent thier but years l8er they found the church undergroung and it had her body init with a rope tied round her neck. how wierd is that lol

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Punkycarrot is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
even if god is a giant chicken or a dog i reckon he has a plan for us
wether or not there actually a set heaven and hell i'm not sure
'paradise would be different for every one
like some people might think being in a kinda under water place
but like my friend is scared of water
so i think it is different for every one

"rock on"
 39yrs • F •
Liveless is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have no idea and I dont even dare to go into that.
There is no way u can know untill u die, so u either wait and see or u go kill urself just cuz u wanna know now !!!
But, I always believed that whatever happens, happens for a good reason, so will death and whatever comes after it I guess...I DONT FEAR IT

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when we die, we no longer are functioning biological organisms. We decay and turn into carbon matter which is in turn recycled in the ground, biosphere and atmosphere. If you are unsure or disagree with me, then ask yourself- what happens when other life dies like a plant, fungi, fish, ant, and or bacteria die....the same as us

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
when we die, we no longer are functioning biological organisms. We decay and turn into carbon matter which is in turn recycled in the ground, biosphere and atmosphere.

that of course isrigt; but not necessarily the whole answer. I don't know wheter there is moro or not.

""No words""
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
heyjme- do you have your own answer that continues on from what i said?

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 33yrs • M •
Taz1144 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
My views on death. I have a few. 1. Some believe, you rot in the ground. Rot and are eaten by worms and flowers grow from you and nurish the earth. 2. (Though, I really, really, really doubt this theory) If you are a good person, you go to heaven. If you were bad, you go to hell. 3. One theory is, when you die, you are reincarnated over and over again, until you have experienced everything. Poverty, weath, happiness, sadness, and all of that. Then you go to the place where you live forever. I guess, kindof like heaven. 4. This is something I thought up. Just a thought, I don't take it seriously. There are people to every religion, and at least one person in each religion TRULY believes they are right. And I have been to many kinds of churches and sanctuaries and I have seen people be overtaken by the power of their beliefs. People fainting, people being "possesed" by a spirit, taken over and talking as if they were that so called "spirit". If they were faking or not, I do not know. But, what if, whatever you believe, is true? There are many religions out there, and everyone is always asking "Which one is right?" What if they are all right? What if, if you believe strongly enough in something, it will come true? Just a thought...
5. One thing I haven't seen in this topic is soul. I saw some people talk about how you continue living on memories and you live in your consciencness. But what about soul(If there is such a thing)? Where does it go, if anywhere?

"And you. I wish I didn't feel for you anymore."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
your reasoning for 4 is good. i like and find good reason in reincarnation.

""No words""
 33yrs • M •
Taz1144 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Thank you, I was just thinking one day and it hit me. You find good reason in reincarnation? I'd like for you to explain, if you don't mind. I never thought reincarnation through and just thought of it as an alternative. I'd like to know why you think of it as good reason.

"And you. I wish I didn't feel for you anymore."
 69yrs • M •
Wandering soul is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I wish I had the whole truth on that matter!!...Don't think we'll EVER know!!

What happens after death? - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy