Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What happens after death? - Page 7

User Thread
 26yrs • F •
Lorenz321 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Time travel in this dimension isn't possible, due to the fact E=mc2, our mass is not fast enough to travel faster then the speed of light. But say when we die their is then a wormhole, its not in fact our bodies that can go threw but, memories, thoughts what we contain. So if this could go threw as it would have no mass. It would travel back in time and therefore in another dimension, life would repeat just as before no changes at all. There is forever dimensions in which we are all constantly travelling back in.

45yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Cainchild is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As anything approaches the speed of light it gains mass, as mass and energy are essentially the same stuff. Thus as something approaches the speed of light it moves toward having infinite mass, thus requiring infinite energy to continue acceleration.
Photons and most(possibly all) of the EM spectrum are exceptions to this rule, since pretty much everything has mass, yet a few things move at least at the speed of light.
I personally believe that death is the ending of all things. I have seen much of it, participated in some. I see nothing at all that suggests anything but an extinguishing of consciousness.

"Fear is the emotion that prevents us from doing thing we shouldn't have thought of to begin with."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
to my knowledge, on the moment of death (supposing the brain is not the direct cause of death) your pineal gland depletes its stores of DMT (Dimethyltryptamine) coating the brain.. Dmt induces an intense trip of the portal to the afterlife, hence so many reports of people dying and going to heaven or out of body experiences.
why our body does this i do not know.
nor do i know what happens after.

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Gabriel23 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only transformed. The energy which our body uses is the same. E=MC2 is what allows our transformed energy (death) to propel itself across the universe at light speed, maybe faster. Death is only a beginning as the universe does not cease, nor does life. Hope this gives you something to think about.

"I never let the negativity of life, dull the beauty in my life."
 31yrs • M
Tobe Iam is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Well, there isn't really all the much to talk about, when mentioning "after life", as it is an assumption we make while in "life". So the idea of "heaven or hell", or whatever you would like to call it, is more a state of mind, or even a state of living, that we take upon ourselves. Life is only useful, as there is a death, and if anything after that makes it continue forever? Count me out. Though I would love to be able to live just a little longer...

Remember this: Fear of dying, is a friend that is misunderstood.

Hope this is something to think about!

Kind Regards

[  Edited by Dawn at   ]
 64yrs • M •
onemorenut is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am a big Albert Einstein fan and he once said that the reason that he believed in life after death is because energy is infinite, my theory is that when we die our energy(soul) goes to parallel universe that co- exists with our own on a slightly different plane. Imagine a two way mirror, On one side you see your reflection but on the other side you can see right thru the mirror. All we see now is our own reflection. I have died also and was a skeptic but I have experienced things that I could not explain away with science until I started looking at it with quantum physic's and theories. The two things that I say are everyone dies but not everyone lives and Its not how long you live that matters its what you do with the time that you are alotted that does matter. Hope you find your answer.

[  Edited by onemorenut at   ]
 64yrs • M •
onemorenut is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Where do we start? First I am a scientist and second I am religous. As I said before, I have experienced things that I can not explain with science. And I know that I am not crazy or delusional. Here they are and if you want more details just let me know. The smell of death, speaking in tongues, near death and out of body experiences and seeing ghosts, though I have my own pet theory on ghosts.I am and always have been very intuitive and hyper sensitive to my surroundings. I have been the guy from missouri that believes that if you can not see it, hear it or smell it than it does not exist. But I have been proven wrong with that logic. I have spoke in tongues even though I thought that people were faking it. It actually happened to me. I have had five heart attacks and the first one I died in the emergency room and they brought me back. I did not want to come back and i was a butthole to everyone for a while. I will be watching this site for a while so if anyone wants to be enlightened just ask. Thank you

38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
1.5 million people died yesterday. What happened? Life goes on without them.

What happens when you die? You lose consciousness and decompose.

People who can't believe that are people who believe they are special.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
 44yrs • F •
nuttymeerkat is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
onemorenut makes alot of sense,,id love to hear more of what you have experienced

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that HissyFit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
From the perspective of reality, nothing happens when you die, because nothing happens while you live. It is simply a dream of birth and death. The dreamer continues to experience a chaotic dream before and after the seeming death of a character in the dream.

We are all the dreamer of the dream, mistakenly believing we are different characters in the dream.

I wish I could wake the fuck up already, because the character I seem to be is having a totally sucky experience.

34yrs • M •
agro is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Eotw has said what I would say. Those facts are universal and plain as day. People who embrace any type of mysticism in regards to that are just madlib'ing "unconscious" and "decompose" with rose colored glasses. Also Theory saying 'we have chemicals in our brains released in that moment' is accurate as well. But enough with me agreeing with people...OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCES?! Are you kidding me? That is quite funny tbh. So you are telling me that the moment we lose our body we retain its basic senses such as sight and perhaps even hearing. Yeah, shedding our mortal form leads to our mortal senses remaining in tact. Pfft, I bet you think that our "souls" are effected by gravity too huh? Do you realize how fast the earth is travelling through space? Do even stop to consider how convenient it is to assume our "spirits" automatically synchronize with a speed that is thousands of miles/kilometers per second? I am not just talking about earth around the sun. Our whole damn solar system! even bigger! is travelling through space. Give that a second to sink in before your auto-immune system fights back to protect your stupidity from foreign bodies of logic. Okay, now you realize alleged out of body sight seeing would be in the middle of no where and the most you would see seconds after death is the blinding sun. Now, try to imagine being a blind person. You can't, your corpse can, in death all the senses you know are gone. Black isn't even a concept to blind people who are born unseeing. Your imagination can't comprehend never having sight, I know it can't. And its even more so for comprehending the concept of being deceased. Perception of time is a strictly living attribute as well, time flows as we know it now and we keep tabs on it regarding seconds with iron pendulums, days with the earth rotating, and years with revolving around the sun. There is no perception of time in death. Its as relevant as the already supernova'd stars in space and their light finally reaching us. So why would you act like your spirit is paralleled with your living perception, that's called being immortal. You know you are not immortal. You know you aren't riding around in your body for the hell of it and when it breaks down you are going to blast off into wonderland. These spiritual theories remind me of kids role playing superheroes. One kid says "I hit you with my laser vision", the other says "well my guy is laserproof". Then the kid says "I punch you with my super strength" which is followed by " my guy is made of rubber and is just fine". You can make extremely complex arguments with fictitious beliefs but the kid did hit you with laser beam eyes, get over it. ... yes, my punctuation isn't the greatest when using a tablet. No, I'm only referring to the outtabody people when I say "you". Please don't crucify me unless it is about what I said and not how I said it.

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
@argo
Tho i agree with you input i feel you contradict yourself when trying to explain why "OBEs" are floored.
You put forward you argument of souls not having boundaries when it comes to physics. Is motion not physics.

I believe an OBE to be the cause of dmt on your brain giving the minute amount of life you have left in your body structure and reality.
Due to the alarming amount of OBE reports in America surgeons placed object on-top of cupboards. So in the event of an OBE the patient could report what objects they saw... none that i have read have given an accurate description, except patient who report conversations and music meaning on some level hearing is still functional.

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
 70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Personally, I am relieved to know that nature has retained the right to erase its mistakes.

32yrs • F •
Cyncyn is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
After reading the seven consecutive pages throughout this whole topic, and always thinking about death and what happens afterwards and how it frightens me so, sadly it seems that the only logical conclusion I can agree with is Euto and Argo...
To think that there is a mystic "wonderland" and that our "spirits" spring into another dimension just does not make any logical sense to me. Life as we know it runs on pure logic and science, and since death is a part of life why would it be any different?
When we die and our consciousness ceases to exist and we just decompose to the ground - so be it. It is a type of peace. Would you honestly want to be living in some other dimension for ALL of ETERNITY?
I honestly wouldn't. And even as we go throughout our lives for countless of years and wondering about the mystery of death throughout our lives, sadly we will never know. We are not supposed to know.

45yrs • M
Post Omega is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
After death you survive but you no longer have a body, mind or consciousness.

What happens after death? - Page 7
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy