When I die, I want to die like my grandfather - who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car. - Ana Rpo
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dream Interpretation Thread

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok I had an idea. People will post a dream they had, and others will try and interpret it. If someone has just posted a dream, please wait until that person gets a little feedback before you post yours. Thank you

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 35yrs • M •
Ok well I guess I'll just start it off.

I had this dream about me, katie(my gf), and her best friend justin at my grandmothers house for a party. i went to go take a shower, and when i got out, katie and justin were gone. i looked all day and when at the end of the day when i found them i asked katie where she was and all she said was "with justin." any thoughts on what this might mean?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you fear that katie will at some point leave you because you think you are in some way inadaquite and may not be able to hold her interest for a long period of time.

i dreamt that a "gangsta" asked me for some money. i then gave it to him and told him "i only do this so you wont kill me, you know that?" then he just left. later an aquantance of mine asked me to order him a pizza. i told him i didnt have enough money and he said i was lieing. he proceeded to trash my entire room looking for money. i told him to leave, first politely, then in a threatening mannor. when he did not respond i grabbed my shotgun and aimed directly at his face. at this point i remember squeezing the trigger but then instantly waking up.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
overcoming your frears pretty much standing up for yourself ... sounds like you'regetting sick of something and can't take it anymore ... maybe tired of being used ? Wyote

UnderDawg and Wyote is right you're afraid that she'll leave you for someone else .... are you treating her right ? does she show as much love to you as she used to ?
or your dream could also be based on something that happened the day before - say she was talking to justin or actually hung out with him and bad thoughts came to your head about her leaving you ...

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 40yrs • M •
yea i think youre right Mia, my friends have been kinda throwing me around lately... thanks

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the girlfriend leaving with the friend may seem obviously to mean that youre afraid your girlfriend may leave you, but perhaps it actually means that you feel like you unconsciously wish that you had the characteristics of your friend and that you're not good enough for her, but on the other hand your friend is--just another possible interpretation, and this one would fit better with the whole wish-fullfillment theory of dreams. look into the shower and the grandmother's house, though, because these two symbols are definitely important somehow. try real hard to make some kind of connection to these symbols and anything that may connect them to the meanings of the other symbols.

"You are reading this."
 35yrs • M •
Well, it's not that I'm not treating her right, and I'm def not afraid she's gonna leave me altogether. It seems to be it's more like I'm afraid of I guess losing the time I would get to spend with her because she would spend it with justin instead. I can't really figure out what the grandma's house and shower meant, anyone have any guesses?

Maybe wyote, you feel since you gave the money to a gansta to save your ass, but when your friend needed the money you didn't have it, it could either mean you feel that you care more about your own ass than your friends, OR that maybe you feel that because of something happenning, you won't be there for your friends when they need you.
OK I think the money represents your time, maybe you might give your time to someone else? and the pizza represents the happinness you get from being with your friend, and the shotgun represents the end of your friendship.

37yrs • F •
oh i got a question for you guys
any of you dream of cigars and rum ??

and underdawg you probably haven't taken a psychology class just yet ... but they say that dreams pretty much reflect what's going on in your life and in your head .... and there is no such thing as codes in dreams, it's just that everything that happens to you mixes up in your head and comes out in a form of a dream , so i doubt that every damn thing that you see stands for something .
when was the last time you went to grama's house ?
i know i dream about my grandma's house a lot b/c i havent' seen her in over 3 years and i grew up in that house so i guess i miss it ....
and shower is pretty much cleaning yourself .... i dunno what exactly it is maybe your guilty conciesnce, maybe you just got dirty. if the water wasn't comin out then it's prolly the first one

41yrs • M •
well the two main theories of dreams (freuds and jungs) are that dreams are either
1. subconscious wish-fulfillments, b/c the subconscious(primal, "immoral" desires) gets stifled in everyday life because we dont want to accept these desires, so it gets what it wants in the form of dreams, but in order for us to even get to see these desires fulfilled, a part of our unconscious has to filter them into symbols, so that, yes pretty much everything in a dream is a symbol that stands for something else. and the reason that we sometimes have unpleasant dreams is that we either a. displace ourselves onto another character in the dream whose getting the good treatment or b. our conscious may want to deny that these our wishes that our unconscious actually has so the dream itself seems "horrible" to us.
2. dreams are ways to balance the psyche, like if you feel overly powerless and inferior to others its likely that youll dream that youre overly powerful and in control. this extreme dream attitude is also an overcompensation, so the best way to adjust personally is usually to take the middle path.

also, in order to interpret a dream with any accuaracy you really have to know the dreamer personally and know about all these hidden unconscious attitudes toward things so the best way to do it is to help the dreamer find these meanings themselves. for instance, theres no way that i could know what the shower symbolizes because i dont know all the unconscious personal meanings that underdawg places on it.
jung thought, though, that there are universal symbols but having these "archetypal dreams" is an extremely rare occurance. i can only recall like 2 that i may have had in my life, and they usually occur during extreme mental stress.

"You are reading this."
 40yrs • M •
whenever i get really sick i have this dream that i am in a tower that is above the clouds and everything is red... like mars is in Total Recall. i am pacing around in this building at the top of the tower. it is saucer shaped with windows all around it. suddenly i look down and see a panal in the floor that is open. it shows the clouds and a bit of the tower *its a long way down* i think to myself.... then somebody shoves me from behind and i fall down the hole and wake up. the strange thing is that i feel no fear whatsoever during the entire dream, its very calm and serene, this includes the shoving and falling.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A really weird thing happened to me a couple of dayz ago. I was in a dream, and in the dream, I knew that I was dreaming!! I even pinched my self to see if you can feel in your dream! what do you make of this? This happened to anyone else?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 41yrs • M •
its called a lucid dream. i dont know what it means really, but i used to have them sometimes when i was a little kid. in mine id realize i was dreaming and then i would be able to do whatever i wanted in the dream. it was awesome, but lately i seem to be growing ever more dumb in my dreams, so that i have no idea that im dreaming.

"You are reading this."
 40yrs • M •
i have very good control over my dreams when i want to, but i never really bother anymore... its much more entertaining when i just let stuff happen. once i tried to stab myself, and once i jumped off a cliff into some sort of translucent shards at the bottom... both times i woke up just before i felt any real pain.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Another thing, people say you can feel in a dream, but that is not a 'true' feeling, we just feel from memory. Like you can almost 'taste' the foods you love. Also, although you experiance simple touches etc, you never experiance real pain, which makes you go ouch.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • F •
well i wouldn't say you don't experience it, you can feel pain but it's not really there... like people with posttraumatic syndrome experience w/e happened to them over and over in their dreams ..... and they do realy get scared and really feel pain ... they wake up screaming and crying so, so i bet they feel everything.

1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy