Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dream Interpretation Thread - Page 4

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmmm in almost every one of my dreams i have free reign as to what i want to dream about... but there are always these little things that i cant seem to control.. i havent quite figured out why i cant control these actions sometimes but once in a while when im running or something.. ill start to slow down and i try really hard to gain control again but i just keep running slower. or when i am about to hit something its sometimes in slow motion.. its really crazy but other than that i know whats goin on in my dreams soo there really is nothing to interpret[a+for spelling] Cause i know exactly what i want to do. nothing's really symbolic or anything that ive noticed yet.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wandering nobody, falling teeath in a dream means fear of losing your looks.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Does anyone know, if it is a 'good' thing to not remember your dreams. Everyone has dreams, and a lot of people remember their dreams; 'good', 'neutral' and/or 'bad' dreams. Most of the time I wake up and wish that I had remembered my dreams, because It sometimes helps you to realise, think and reflect on issues picked up by your brain from a sub-concious level. Most of my dreams are usually socially related- like a friend is always in the dream. If someone can't remember their dreams what does that mean? I think that if one can't remember their dreams, it is a sign that they are sleeping reasonably well. But are there other reasons?

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Punkycarrot is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i'm not sure if its a good thing or not
i tend to remember some of my dreams
but if i'm scared in a dream when i wake up i can never remember why
i think it has some thing to do with how deeply you are asleep when you wake up
for instance when my alarm goes off at 7am i can remember what i was dreaming because my mind isn't quite awake
but if i'm left to sleep in i never remember a dream because my mind has woken up

it has some thing to do with how awake you are when you wake up
try wakin up early one morning and seeing if you can remember your dream

"rock on"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont think remembering or not remembering is either "good" or "bad" more than it is simply "different."

i am pretty sure the only reason why some remember and some dont is because of the process by which we wake up. if you wake up quickly and get up immediately, usually you will have forgotten all about dreaming. if you stay laying down and wake up slowly, you can sense the transfer from dream to reality and therefore remember dreams better.

im sure there are other factors involved, but this really does work. when i lay in bed after waking up i can still "see" my dreams or i am able to remember what i had been dreaming. but the second i sit up it all seems to fade away very quickly.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it's weird. sometimes when i wake up, i think about my dream while i'm lying down, then i go back to sleep and continue my dream, why is that?

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 37yrs • M •
I'm not completly sure Wanderingnobody why one can continue their dreams after being awake but I would suggest that dreams are based on memory patterns in the brain. By thinking about the dream while your lying down, it continually stimulates the section of the brain where dreams are regulated and generated. A dream one had yesterday, or even weeks before can continue the night after- this is known as recurring dreams. The dreams compartment of the brain must therefore contain short-term memory (used in your situation) and long-term memory where the dream is recurring after a longer period. The dreams I find weird (if i'm able to remember them) are recurring dreams that have a certain deja vu aspect to them

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that for the better is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I havent been able to remember any of my dreams in the past few months, which is sad. I like thinking about them..so detailed and strange. sometimes i am surprised by what my head is capable of coming up with. Ive heard eating chicken " makes you dream" well, at least remember it. Is that true? I have noticed that I remember dreams when i take naps rather than a full 8 hours of sleep... hmmm

40yrs • M •
if i remember correctly, there are four levels of sleep. only one of which contains dreams. throughout the time you are asleep you go in and out of deep and light sleep ie - level 1, 2, 3, 4, 3 , 2, 1, 2 ect. the deepest level, called REM sleep is actually a very short period of time. it is easy to "wake up" and then continue to have the same dream, because you havent actually fully woken up. you are simply at the lighest level of "sleep." at the first level, you are simply in an extremely relaxed state of mind.

remembering dreams more often during naping may have something to do with the fact that you only go through one or two sleep cycles during that time.... but im not sure.

40yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that past embrace is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yesterday i was watching a movie where this guy had an annoying habit. later that night i dreamed of a friend who had the same annoying habit even though they hadnt actually been thought about in months. weird aye

"i just want to have some little fun"
 40yrs • M •
its very strange how a single short event in a day can become part of a grandiose adventure in dreamland. just the other day i saw an old high school mate who i hadnt seen in about three years, that night i dreamt we started a business together that rivaled Donald Trump.

41yrs • F •
yeah its almost like our minds may know things that havent been broughtout yet. like... wyote do you wonder why business was in your dream? and why you were partnered up with this person?

40yrs • M •
to an extent, yes. they were both a part of my past...

similar things seem to be easily associated to one another in dreams.

41yrs • F •
i had a dream that i was walking through a hospital. i saw a sign that said eating disorders with a big arrow down a hallway. i avoided it and went the other way but still ended up in the ED section of the hospital.
all of the beds were empty and there were 7 or 8 nurses trying to silence the ringing phones. and they were ringing so loud that they were falling off tables and breaking. haha

i was scared for some reason and ran to an elevator ( very hard to find btw ) and the elevator was very small and inside a girl was sitting down. she had to be about 80 pounds. she said ' do not lick the walls!' they are coated with calories!

does anyone have ANY idea what this means at all?
i am stumped....

37yrs • M •
Often dreams can be based on actual events, feelings or emotions of fear in the 'real world'. Ask yourself- do you fear or at least are concerned about any aspect of the dream- that may have some connection to your life atm. ie/ food, hospitals, elevators, nurses and/or body issues, etc. You may recognise anyone in your dream, like a friend or family member. Dreams often have connections with 'real world' issues and they can be obvious or extremely subtle.

Dream Interpretation Thread - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy