America can be considered a place of having no public urinals, for its illegal to urinate in public. - kevosworld
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

trips (drugs)

User Thread
 579yrs • M •
control is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
trips (drugs)
what exactly are trips? like, people say you open "doors" when you do drugs so much you "trip", what do you think?

"Do you want to have a tastey mushroom?"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that oatmaster is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The book 'The Doors of Perception' by Aldous Huxley goes into this.

Roughly, he believes that 'trippy' type drugs switch off filters in the brain and cause the vast amount of information we take in to overwhelm us. He became able to stare for hours at the intricate detail in a leaf, for example.

"happy to be corrected"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Danny123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Drugs like LSD can make your mind more sensitive. So things that are usually below the threshold of your consciousness will become conscious. You can come to new realizations.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hm . . . OK?
Like you mean as you sit in the restroom stall, the walls seem to waver or pulse as if they were breathing? How about the spots in the tile foor seem to swim & become insects of some sort?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 72yrs • M •
I guess but then even sexual stimulation is pretty much a subjective reality.
What might be a turn on for some, would be a turn off for others,
different strokes for different folks.

61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that imn2caves is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was at an acid party back in my college daze. One guy went to the bathroom and freaked out because he stared into the mirror way too long. He saw things on his face that were apparent to no one else but him. It was hilarious.

Another time I was with a group of guys and we ordered the largest combination pizza available. By the time the pizza arrived at our table we were at the apogee. The collage of items on that pizza caused quite a sensation. Needless to say, no one ate any of the pizza.

You're correct about the door theory. When your brain realizes something, you can literally feel the door open to yet another realization. It was (I've long stopped taking mind altering drugs) quite an experience.

"No one died when Clinton lied!"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that timemachine is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Acid lets you become your surroundings and lets the leaf analyze your existance.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What negative effects do these drugs have?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 72yrs • M •
An acid trip in the barracks, some of the guys go out to the local fair. Return with one timer bugged out, freaked on farris wheel, tripping out on ants (stuck on insects). Bummer trip, plug the guy into some music (headset) to mellow out. Getting late, another casuality comes in, we sit him down and he gets into an aquarium.
Now this aquarium doesn't have any water or fish in it.
The backdrop of scuba diver has been painted & a black light shines in to produce an errie effect. He looks up to the others who have been staring at this for hours and states, 'wow this is an interesting program!'
The others look at each other in dismay, when one makes the statement, 'shit here I sit after dropping acid for hours starring at this thing & nothing. What gives this drunk walks in stares at it & sees a television program?
Different strokes for different folks.
Of course, the guy had become rather noturious, since he jumped from the 2nd story landing & ran down the street dress in a towel as his superman cape.
Oh for those who may feel incensed by these statements, when come you go through the hell of war, little things your brothers may do, you just accept as the nature of things.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that timemachine is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Some of the effects that I have noticed that are slightly negative are : anxiety , feeling abandoned, wishy washy thinking, and intense day dreaming. I haven't tripped in years and I still feel these effects. The feeling of abandonment traces down from my parents divorce when I was younger. The acid just intensified it.

72yrs • M •
Well, I have heard the tells of ppl drippin out permently but never seen it, heard that ppl will flash back at times of stress.
Is that what you are saying?

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Danny123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Drugs like LSD have been very beneficial to me in my life. They've helped me see things in a more complete perspective. And to find new paths which I still follow without LSD. Neither myself, nor my friends who I took it with have ever done anything like what Curtle describes. If you take it to find answers and not just to trip out on stupid things then LSD can be an invaluable tool.
There are dangers though:
Sometimes you might not want to see what LSD can show you. If they say that some LSD trips never wear off. That's because SOME of the perspective you gain from the drug stays with you. So if you want to try it for the first time don't take it at a party or around straight people especially your family. Because you might not like what you see. Go somewhere quiet, like the forest and take it with good, trustworthy people. That way you won't freak out and have a bad trip.
While some of it will stay with you forever, most of it will wear off. The understanding you gain with drugs like LSD is real but it is only attainable under the influence of the drug. After the LSD wears off the insights you gain become only memories of insights (Since the mind that discovered them is gone). So you might become attached to the wisdom and develop a psychological dependence on LSD. Or you might delude your self into thinking you still understand when really you don't.

72yrs • M •
Danny right about having a descinated driver while tripping. you can have a bad experience anywhere taking safeguards to limit them is always good fore thought. Having some one strait to watch over your physical being can keep you from putting yourself at risk and help get your head into a good space if necessary is a healthy procedure to establish.
LSD is proceesed with strynine (sp) and amphatamines are employed to extend active length of trip.
So take heed to what you are taking if you go that route.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
is it illegal? How much does it cost?Do you get addicted to it?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 72yrs • M •
LSD is a product of military use of think tanks, Timothy Leary produced it only to find that he was developing a chemical weapon. His theory was to use it as a means to explore the mind. As he promoted its use among college students, it became a controled substance & he went underground. Later he was caught & imprisoned, where he was subjected to the modern version of the inquisition (Galileo).
He became a pop culture hero imortalized in song.
quote:
is it illegal? How much does it cost? Do you get addicted to it?

Illegal -- yes
Cost -- NA
Addiction -- None known

trips (drugs)
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy