Flip flop hipity hop, off your rocker and over the top, lifes a fiction the worlds a lie so put on some creedence and lets get high - kevosworld
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

trips (drugs) - Page 2

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Danny123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Having a straight person there might be a good idea but be aware that when you're tripping straight people seem different. A straight friend who tries to comfort you might disturb you more. And you could think differently of them for ever on, which isn't fair to them. I'm not saying you shouldn't have a straight person there, it's your decision, but just take that into consideration.
The cost depends on where you live. Maybe $10 or $20 US I don't know. It's not addictive except in a psychological way. The more often you take it the less it will affect you. I once took a trip and the next day took another one and didn't feel anything.
You can also try magic mushrooms which have a surprisingly similar effect to LSD. Mushrooms with Psilocybin in them. Check the net. But if you do, make sure you get the right kind of mushroom since some mushrooms can kill you.

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cutencuddly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
right, so LSD never kills anyone danny? what an absurd thing to write. Drugs are not all they are cracked up to be. I don't pretend to be an angel myself, but when it comes to others asking about drugs, you have to make sure they leave knowing all the facts, good and bad. Then it is their decision. Its not just psychological addiction involved. Many illegal drugs can cause serious mental side affects later in life...

What difference does it make who is there with you....everybody is different and reacts differently. A close friend, a stranger, straight or not. LSD is a hallucenagenic, and any individual under the influence of a drug on a "trip" can see anything, no matter who is with them, they may not perceive other people as human beings. You never know! A bad trip can affect you for the rest of your life too.

Oh, and by the way, why ask the questions if you already knew the answers

"my name says it all!"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
A close friend, a stranger, straight or not. LSD is a hallucenagenic, and any individual under the influence of a drug on a "trip" can see anything, no matter who is with them, they may not perceive other people as human beings.
Wow, what have you been trippin On?
Having some one you know & trust is a calming anchor attached.
(The bug guy, was doing good until another dude showed & upon hearing the guys condition, decided to go fuck with his head.)
Contrary to your percption of hallucenations are generally related to distortion of sense awarness. Breathing walls are more related to distortion caused by heat waves than hallucenations (seeing things that aren't there).
Carlos Cassanada's Moth of Knowledge was just that a moth, only his perception of size was distorted.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If they do you no harm, then why are they illegal?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
1. Money
2. Money
3. Power

i really wonder what would happen to a drug that had no side effects. if it made you "high" but had absolutely no negative side effects... i think the whole world would change quite a bit.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 72yrs • M •
Would count on it, they want you to feel ill at ease, otherwise you wouldn't run after what is put before you.
Remember the horse which drws the cart has blinder put on his head so he goes in the direction we point him.

43yrs • M •
Cutencuddly: What sort of mental side effects can LSD cause later in life? You should explain how LSD kills people so it can be avoided. If the addiction is not psychological, what kind of physiological addiction is there?

Sorry, your right, everyone is different and will be affected differently. And some people don't have any insights with LSD.
For me, my bad trips came from my perception of straight people. Those experiences have been affecting me since just like every other bad experience.
LSD has really helped me and for that I want others to try it. Im not the only one. Using drugs for spiritual gain is a practice that reaches back thousands of years. Check the net. Though Its not for everyone and it can be dangerous, Im convinced it's a good thing.

Curtle: I think breathing walls are always there. Ive seen them after a lot of meditation. It's just that its to subtle to notice normally.
I agree about the horse analogy. Have you noticed the only legal recreational drug is a drug that closes your mind and turns you into an egocentric fool.

72yrs • M •
Danny, although most would say no, the truth is walls do breathe? yes air circulation with in the wall & the environment.
The old wood frame houses were actually designed to allow the nature flow of air to help cool the interior. Being built several (3) or more blocks off the ground produced a cool reservior, high ceilings allowed hot air to rise & collect above living space (overhead), the walls act as air ducts between the attic area & the area beneigh the floor. This caused drafting of cool air into the attic, cooling the ceiling air which was augmented with attic fans to force hot air out of the roof area.
Wall breathing is also used in relation to the ablity of walls to evaporate moisture. A little off thread but perhaps an iinteresting fact. With the prevalence of a/c, buildings (walls) were sealed to an extent which added to the problems of mold & mildew conditions.

43yrs • M •
Curtle: Before you said "Like you mean as you sit in the restroom stall, the walls seem to waver or pulse as if they were breathing?"
Now your talking about air circulation and stuff like that.
Did you forget that you said that or do you have a strange sense of humor?

Anyone who wants to see the walls waver without drugs or meditation, check out the pinwheel at: http://www.grand-illusions.com/pinwheel.htm

72yrs • M •
quote:
Did you forget that you said that or do you have a strange sense of humor?
Well actually no, because air pressure (especially doors) variations has been (hoax) mistaken for ghost?

40yrs • M •
tard is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Trips are the experience from taking certain drugs. When I was 12 I was sitting in Belize on the beach after chugging a quart size jar full of juiced peyote. At that age it gave me out of body experiences. Your thoughts are directed inward and you come to realizations about yourself, life, the world and people around you. Now I'm 20 and took some mushrooms a month or two back. It wasn't the most pleasant and it heightens your senses incredibly. I went down to the board walk and the sounds were overwhelming, the foot steps, the people talking, as I had to walk through the crowds I finally puked my guts out.

The only drug I've taken and was unable to drive on was heroin. You just kinda nod out constantly.

72yrs • M •
quote:
chugging a quart size jar full of juiced peyote.

Peyote is a cactus so wouldn't consider it as juice but a water solution. Like shroon, a tea is made to form a more palatle, although drinking the juice from a can of mushroons would probably be just as upsetting to the stomach.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/psilocybin/psilocybinh.htm

"Bananas and plums abound in serotonin; so do figs, and among species of figs none is richer in serotonin than the ficus religiosa, known in India as the Bo tree, under which the Buddha reportedly sat when he became enlightened."

The pineal gland produces several substances including a hormone known as 5-hydroxytryptamine or serotonin.

Serotonin is of the same chemical series of indole alkaloids that includes psychedelic drugs such as LSD-25, psilocybin, D.M.T. and bufotenine.

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 49yrs • M •
DarkestChild74 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
To the best of my (somewhat limited) knowledge, LSD has never directly resulted in a person dying. But, and this is a biggie, there are countless occurences of "indirect" deaths. A classic example is the utter belief that one can fly, leading to uncotrolled plummetage from great height - in which case, more often than not it is the ground which is the direct cause. As for having somebody around who is clear-headed, it is best if that person has experience of acid so they have some semblance of understanding what it is that you are enjoying. Finally, the question is somewhat unanswerable - no two people experience quite the same thing from any hallucinogen.

"The Darkest is comparative; in a world of greys, I am but a shade; in the world of pure light I am the Darkest of shadows"
 72yrs • M •
quote:
they have some semblance of understanding what it is that you are enjoying
the amazing thing is that there are similarities in preceptions?

trips (drugs) - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy