Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

born gay - Page 9

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ultima is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i bet ethereal is homophobic too....

"take chances, make mistakes, and get messy"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In my opinion, homosexuality is a mindset, one which is defined by a genetic disposition in the body's response to pheromones, (Yeah, that same stuff Dr. Winifred Cutler sells in Popsci for fifty a hit) which results in attraction to the pheromone of other males or females. Wheather or not is is heriditary or not, I don't know, I don't know many kids with gay parents, but Yes, i believe you're born gay.
The idea of changing your sexuality is total bullshit, in my opinion, you can physically change what you belive to be your preferences, but in that case, you're lying to yourself, your body is still naturally attracted to pheromones of the opposite sex, and you still will dream about sex with females, even if you physically engage in sexual intercourse with people of the same sex. However, I agree with Awakenwraith, bisexuals and gays are the most honest since they admit thier attraction in the middle of a inhopsitable judgemental world, most likely throwing away most chances at respect and acceptance. We all fear what we don't understand, I'll say I know very little about the whole setup, but I'll agree that you're born gay. Back to the catfight in progress....

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Right on Vortex, and in the general scheme of things, gay people are braver than any of the straight people who discriminate against them. they had the courage to stand up to their most likely homophobic parents and say "i'm gay". that's more than the people who discriminate against them can say.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_fuel1.htm
signs of homophobia

"He who does not question is lost."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
are you 2 under the impresion everyone is gay? 'cuase im not. i like girls. and im being honest. and most of these people are because its over the internet and have nothing to fear. or did you not read between my lines. they aren't the most honest. some, most, are, but that doesn't make them the best. all actors act, that doesn't mean they are good at it

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
i bet ethereal is homophobic too....

You just lost yourself a bet. See this is the kind of logic that perpetuates hate. Some gays choose to make themselves martyrs in an attempt to justify their acts. It's just a blame game. I am entitled to all the opinions I want and if you don't like it then maybe you are intolerant

quote:
they had the courage to stand up to their most likely homophobic parents and say "i'm gay". that's more than the people who discriminate against them can say.

Not true the people who discriminate against them stand up to the majority and get labelled intolerant. And being intolerant is a much worse label to live with.

"There is no evidence that shows that homosexuality is genetic--and none of the research itself claims there is. Only the press and certain researchers do, when speaking in sound bites to the public."

Jeffrey Satinover, M.D., The Journal of Human Sexuality, 1996, p.8

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
[  Edited by etherealmeekle at   ]
 35yrs • M •
quote:
Not true the people who discriminate against them stand up to the majority and get labelled intolerant. And being intolerant is a much worse label to live with.

So it's good to discriminate against gays?
And by the way, it is intolerant to discriminate against someone becasue they're different than you.

39yrs • M •
quote:
So it's good to discriminate against gays?

Discriminate.
To make a clear distinction; distinguish: discriminate among the options available.
To make sensible decisions; judge wisely.
To make distinctions on the basis of class or category without regard to individual merit; show preference or prejudice: was accused of discriminating against women; discriminated in favor of his cronies.

To perceive the distinguishing features of; recognize as distinct: discriminate right from wrong.
To distinguish by noting differences; differentiate: unable to discriminate colors.
To make or constitute a distinction in or between: methods that discriminate science from pseudoscience.

All are necessary and none are inherently bad.

quote:
And by the way, it is intolerant to discriminate against someone becasue they're different than you.

You are discriminating against me because I believe something different than you. How is that any more acceptable?

35yrs • M •
quote:
You are discriminating against me because I believe something different than you. How is that any more acceptable?

I'm not discriminating, i'm disagreeing. there's a difference you know.

Discriminate (verb)

to make a difference in treatment or favor on a basis other than individual merit; especially : to make a difference in treatment on a basis prohibited by law (as national origin, race, sex, religion, age, or disability) discrimination in this sense is not good or necessary.

I will no longer reply to this thread because we are going in circles. this does not mean that I am giving up, and you should not take it as such.

I will leave you with this:
You are discriminating against gays becasue the way the are violates your religious beleif. They cannot change the way they are and no amount of religious hate speech can either.

39yrs • M •
quote:
I'm not discriminating, i'm disagreeing. there's a difference you know.

Then why is it that when I disagree with a gay person I am discriminating against him?

quote:
to make a difference in treatment or favor on a basis other than individual merit; especially : to make a difference in treatment on a basis prohibited by law (as national origin, race, sex, religion, age, or disability) discrimination in this sense is not good or necessary.

You are incorrect this is a necessary form of discrimination and is neither good nor bad. I like musicians for example now say I meet someone who tells me they are a musician. On that basis I will discriminate him or her because they fall into a category of people that I know I like. I will prejudge that person as someone I like until proven otherwise. As for the latter part of that we must discriminate on the bases of religion, sex, age, and disability. Would you tell a Sikh to remove his turban? Would you allow a man into the girls change room? Would you sell alcohol to a minor? Would you advise a paraplegic to go rock climbing? If you answered yes to any of these then you are being discriminatory.

quote:
You are discriminating against gays becasue the way the are violates your religious beleif.

"Discriminate. To make a clear distinction"
Incorrect again. Gays have made themselves a special interest group they in effect have discriminated themselves.

40yrs • M •
makes a yawn face*

since there isnt any conclusive evidence i guess we all havn't a leg to stand on. But since i am gay, and most of my friends are, and hearing thru their eyes i could tell you being gay is predominately a genetic factor.

ethereal what is ur orientation? mind me asking... and tell me if u always knew?

*in the most childish of words.." : takes one to know one...

my biggest argument against anyone that says its not genetic is this..... we are all brought into a straight society, we learn in skool that man meets girl, then man runs off and gets married and has kids. I was conditioned to be straight.. but yet im not.
What does that say? conditioning plays a small part in what a person becomes later down the road, masculine feminine acting.. but it doesnt change your orientation.

ok ive said my 2cents for the day.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im still in school. and honestly, i dont remember any time when i was told that over, and over until i just thought, ok men and women are supposed to be together. but, that doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
do u not remember in sex ed... when a man and a women... etc... basically it starts from puberty

39yrs • M •
quote:
and hearing thru their eyes i could tell you being gay is predominately a genetic factor.

You do not believe experience to be a valid cause of homosexual behaviour and yet you use experience to justify the genetic theory.

quote:
ethereal what is ur orientation? mind me asking... and tell me if u always knew?

I struggled with sexual identity for a few years. I was often considered gay by those who didn't know me and I believed that I was really a woman in a man's body. This was likely a result of gender roles that have been arbitrarily exaggerated and thus causing this confusion. I consciously choose to be straight because it made the most sense to me and I have been perfectly happy with that decision.

Being genetic does not make sense, being a chemical imbalance in the brain does make sense but then that would make being gay a medical condition.

40yrs • M •
chemical imbalance.. wow.. i like that one... so ur saying some magical drug could make ppl straight.. if that isnt the biggest load of crap ive ever heard... than what is? and with regards to using experience... my gawd.... did u not read what i wrote down? i used experience to prove my point....as in... all the experience in the world didnt make me straight.... which proves my point, for if experience was the culprit, then i would be straight due lifes conditioning... my gawd. u might be blind... no wait.. possibly a chemical imbalance.

hmm..... i wonder if u are really straight? denial can only carry u soo far...

are you religious?....

39yrs • M •
Chemical imbalance causes bipolar disorder which I had also been diagnosed with. And it was during my depression that I had this confusion of my sexuality so it is no stretch of the imagination that the two incidences were related.

Besides at the very best a genetic cause of homosexuality can only prove that certain genes cause chemical imbalances.

quote:
i wonder if u are really straight? denial can only carry u soo far...

So first you call me homophobic and then when it suits your argument you think I am homosexual? Well if a person can change that easily then it must not be genetic.
As a side note it almost seems like you are trying to insult me be calling me gay.

born gay - Page 9
  5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy