Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

christians? - Page 3

User Thread
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that for the better is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thanks you guys. this is off topic, but i read -your dads wrong- and cried. ( haha ) it was powerful , i know hes wrong but right now i do feel like a huge waste of a person.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Your dad's wrong.

If her dad has achieved his own solitude and pride then how can you call his conclussions wrong? He doesn't have to base anything on a set of standards other than that by which builds his own pride. Anyone seeking out a religion which bases them as the chief deity cannot be considered wrong merely different.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 41yrs • F •
EXCUSE ME??? uhm no, he didnt achieve any sort of solitude or pride in putting me down. and that wasnt very polite of you to even comment that, implying that maybe i am a ' a waste' logic is good, but sometimes you need to relax or it will kick your ass. wow ethereal

39yrs • M •
My comment was directed at Decius because by his definitions each of us is responsible for our own standards and therefore if you belief what Decius says you have no choice but to accept that your dad is right at least according to himself and that is the ultimate right in a world of human gods. This is the fundamental flaw of giving man the power to choose what is right and wrong.

41yrs • F •
ok ( a little less pissed )

i think that you analyze things a little much...
if your friend is feeling down because ( for ex. ) someone called them worthless, would you tell them, yeah, they were right about you? i dont think so, but maybe ( i dont know you )

in some situations, being supportive is more important that being analytical
-man was given the power to choose what is right and wrong -
you need some wrongs to develop 'right'.

39yrs • M •
But like I said I wasn't talking to you so much as pointing out a flaw in Decius' theory.

quote:
i think that you analyze things a little much

Probably

quote:
if your friend is feeling down because ( for ex. ) someone called them worthless, would you tell them, yeah, they were right about you?

Are you my friend? Besides I wasn't agreeing with your dad I was pointing out that if one believes that each man is his own god then no one else can ever say that someone else is wrong. Personally my 'guilty mentality' as Decius calls it tells me that all human life has great value.

41yrs • F •
no i am not your friend. obviously enough.
but you understand that Decius wasnt concerned with the actual event of who is right / who is wrong but was just generally being a kind person. ( ? )

yes every life has great value and in saying that i do not discredit my fathers statement. i just secretly disagree with it. i acknowledge the fact he is allowed an opinion.
how is that 'guilty mentality' doing anyway?

39yrs • M •
quote:
Decius wasnt concerned with the actual eventof whod right whos wrong but was just generally being a kind person

Do you prefer to have people lie in order to make you feel better?

quote:
i just secretly disagree with it

Not so secret now. Why be secret anyway you're allowed to form your own opinions.

My complaint is that Decius, according to his beliefs cannot judge another man's right or wrong so how can he make such a judgemental statement?

My 'guilty mentality' is doing just fine.

41yrs • F •
do i prefer people to lie? he wasnt lying because theres no definite right or wrong answer as to who was right or wrong. no i dont like to be lied to but i like being supported when i need it. and i know you probably do too.

what i meant by 'secretly' was that im not going to tell him personally that hes wrong. i didnt ask about your guilty mentality in a snobby way either.
please stop quoting me and picking apart my posts like theyre a loaf of raisin bread and all you want are the raisins.

39yrs • M •
quote:
theres no definite right or wrong answer as to who was right or wrong

What situation are you referring to?

41yrs • F •
when my dad said 'youre a waste' i cant prove that i am or if im not its all opinion

39yrs • M •
You can prove it though. Its like if I said you have black hair you could prove it one way or the other because hair is a physical trait. Worth is a physically manifested trait so that your value can be assessed accurately if one takes the time to look.

41yrs • F •
you can NOT determine if someone is a waste or not. b/c whos rules and definitions would you be going by?
youwould be able to prove i have black hair not b/c hair is a physical trait haha but because of color. but you cant determine accuratly if someones a waste, a loser, an idiot. you cant.

my dadsdefination of not being a waste is being busy 24/7
and i am not so to him i am a waste
but my definition of a waste is far from that.

39yrs • M •
quote:
but you cant determine accuratly if someones a waste, a loser, an idiot. you cant.

If this is true then why does anybody bother to live at all? If we can never be sure if we have worth then what is the point of being here?

39yrs • M •
quote:
but you cant determine accuratly if someones a waste, a loser, an idiot. you cant.

If this is true then why does anybody bother to live at all? If we can never be sure if we have worth then what is the point of being here?

christians? - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy