Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

christians? - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I do not disagree with that as I said "All people are born sinners and one must acknowledge that sinful nature"

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 39yrs • M •
As a Christian one does not constantly have to feel guilt. Often we chose to because we are unwise but that doesn't mean we must do it.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that for the better is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we all feel guilt and that isnt necessarily a bad thing. id rather feel supported and fullfilled ( now ) then to live without God. before i didnt feel the guilt that comes with christianity, but i was constantly making excuses for my discusting actions which led to even worse things than a tiny guilt. it was a constant cycle of rationalizing my greed as self improvement and looking out for myself.

i hardly even feel the sense of guilt anymore. i am to a point where i know whats right and any action that would result in guilt afterward, i avoid.

you are viewing feeling guilty as a bad, and maybe avoidable feeling. but like i was saying, you need to go backwards in order to (successfully) spring ahead sometime.

39yrs • M •
A friend of mine used to be a member of a biker gang. He was involved primarily in drug running but there were many other illegal activities associated with his membership. Anyways the point is that after awhile he became very guilty about the things he was doing. One day he became a Christian because he knew that it would alleviate his guilt now he doesn't have to feel guilty about his past misdeeds.
Guilt brings us to our knees before God but grace puts us back on our feet

[  Edited by etherealmeekle at   ]
 41yrs • F •
couldnt have explained it better. a fewmonths ago i was the epitomy of greed and sin. and in embracing christianity, i actually lessened my guilt by opening my eyes owned up to MY actions

41yrs • F •
arrrr... have you read any of my posts? you have one idea , well the basis idea of christianity. but i dont look at it like you are. you arent feeling guilt all the time. Christianity is not like an abusive father at all!! i cant believe youd even say that. an abusive father is not looking out for your best interests and does not care about your feelings whereas God puts you first.

why do you have such a problem with the process of admitting your sins anyway? its such an amazing feeling to feel clean and pure...
and i also cant believe you think we are 'abused'. wow
i am not a victim. those who take existing for granted and suck up as much garbage and abuse everything and anything with no cosequences are victims of ignorance.

39yrs • M •
Actually Catholicism is a deviation of Christianity and Christianity is the revised version of Judaism.

quote:
The only problem is, you didn't do anything wrong except be born

It is like being born with a fatal disease. Death is inevitable unless someone does something about it. God holds the cure provided we ask for it.

41yrs • F •
hmm... i, personally don't feel that i 'owe' jesus anything for being born. despite the way you feel about it, its helped me a lot lately. yeah in the back of my mind is 'this is too hard to believe' ( the whole concept of written order and control of the people ) but then again so is life itself, so i keep the faith. different things work for different people. it all depends on a lot of factors i suppose.
currently, i am not speaking with my parents and college and work really strains my friendships, sooo... i have no one to talk to really. and i grew up with all these secrets and realllly bad social habits and crappy morals. when you have crappy morals and no one tells you about them, youll just keep living "the wrong way".
that probably made no sense. ehh
to sum it up, lately admitting to all my wrongs has been a lifesaver because all of my sins were adding up and i swear a few more months of them would have resulted in jail or death. so maybe im still on this novelty high or something.

if there is a judgement day i dont want to be looked at as a someone who just abused life. ( never acknowledging what i was given, such as life,health,family. )i dont want to be looked at as a girl who took pleasure in gluttonous things.

i was faced with an old familiar situation the other day. where i used to chose the easiest, fastest satisfying result, God entered my mind and i felt calm, and rational. two things im not used to feeling. maybe it wasnt God exactly, but it was the thought of doing the right thing. maybe my parents dont care if i make them proud or not. but i hope God is proud of me.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
if there is a judgement day i dont want to be looked at as a someone who just abused life.

every day should be a judgement day. one of the big problems i have with christianity is that it doesnt instill the value of being a better person TODAY. it teaches self improvemnt sure, but if you mess up.... hey no worries.

all people, of any faith or non faith should at least consider the notion that perhaps this life is the only life.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
Perhaps you find it easy to accept the concept of babies being sinners before they learn how to talk

No harder than accepting the fact that babies have arms, legs and eyes.

quote:
Being a perpetual sinner is like living with a collar on

Sure is that's why God gives us freedom from our sins. Besides just because you choose not to believe that you are a born sinner doesn't make it less true.

quote:
it was just you, and pride in yourself

You seem like most people I know, completely unwilling to accept that you may not be in control. That makes you a slave to your feelings of inadequacy. My belief in a God who has fulfilled all my needs gives me complete freedom to soak up all the joy and peace that He has to offer.

39yrs • M •
I don't need solitude and pride when I have peace and joy. I need nothing this world has to offer me I have joy in simplicity and I have peace in Jesus.

39yrs • M •
And how is solitude and pride logical? You seem to be telling me that I need what you say I need. I am telling you that I have no needs at all.

41yrs • F •
wow i am more confused than ever now. i know that no one can tell me what to believe in, but whatever it is-- i want to have Strong beliefs in. right now i feel lost completely lost. (and my dad just told me im a waste. not sure what he meant) but i just want to sleep forweeks and weeks. .......

????????

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Tell you what; this will keep you busy. Tends to be allowing you to find out for yourself; have a google on

akashic records

Have a toy around. Don't worry about being confused-better this than think you know something!

Free wild horse or stubborn donkey?

""No words""
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Everyone is fighting their own battle; including your Dad!

""No words""
christians? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy