Ignore Stupidity, And It Will Destroy Itself...Ignore Wisdom, And It Will Destroy You...Know What To Ignore - Beatleboy182
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What is the soul? - Page 7

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Because of our minds, because we can't reach that stage so easily. Once we 'forget' ourselves, then there will be no need to see from each others eyes, we will become 'something else'.
You can't see from my eyes, because in reality, even the notion of seeing from each other's perspective is an illusion, as that would mean influence of personalities.

When people die, are have near death experances, they feel that the entirety of existance was inside them. They let go of 'themselves', their 'I' vanished, and they became 'one'.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Unsubstantiative speculation.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 35yrs • M •
Hey, I m just saying what Buddhisim, the third largest religion in the world, as well millions of other meditators say.

37yrs • M •
And therefore they are right? A few years ago, "everybody" knew the world was flat didn't they?

Your opinion shouldn't be based on what a bunch of sheep think, it should be based on aknoledging what you don't know, and asserting what you do know through observation and logic by necessity.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If all of the meditators are right and so effectively attaining enlightenment, which I'm not saying that you are claiming, but why have none of them just stopped existing or died physically, separated from themselves to become one with all or whatever, the main buddha guy who achieved this according to buddhist lore, what was it that happened to him physically, I'm not aware of the whole story.

And out of curiousity, what would happen if people started to mentally ascend, to leave physical bodies through meditation, permanently, would we dub it mass suicide or the greatest achievement of mankind?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
Enlightnment doesn't mean leaving your bodies or something. The Buddha very much still needed to eat and drink and sleep, and died at a normal age of 70-80. He just trascended human insecurities, like greed, lust, anger etc. Oh and yes, if the whole world becomes enlightned, which is close to impossible, then yes, human society would crash, because no one would then have desire for fame, wealth etc.

A year ago if someone had said this meditation stuff to me, I would have regarded it as bull. But the fact is, try meditation for a few months and u'll see what I mean. I have experianced those rare moments of 'pure joy', when u feel a connectness with everything, when u start loving thoses around you as well as tress as rocks. That is only possible when I get in touch with my soul, which has happened only once or twice.

oh, and btw, nobody 'knows' that we all are one etc. We can only experiance it, or something close to it. Enlightnment is not a 'belief', like the world is flat.
Look there's no point in this, you don't know what I'm talking about. Try to learn about mediation and become a little spiritual. U can't answer everything by logic.

37yrs • M •
" U can't answer everything by logic. "
Are you implying spirituality is illogical?

35yrs • M •
If ur asking for 'proof' and nothing less, then this whole thread is ireelevant, because the very topic can never be 'proved'.

35yrs • M •
If looked at from the layman or materialist's perspective, then yes, Spirituality is illogical, God is illogical and so on.

37yrs • M •
Something which is illogical means something which is inconsistent. Consistency is about not contradicting yourself.

I'm always happy, except when I am sad. That is an illogical statement, it is always false.

You are saying that God is necessarily false.

35yrs • M •
You can only 'beleve' in God, you can only 'beleive' that you have a soul. I and no one can ever prove things like this, that is, prove in the sense of 'seeing' or touching' for yourself.

God, soul, may not be illogical if you take the term literally, it can be said they are 'unprovable' in our sense. Of course, for different people, there have been various 'proofs' about God etc, but they are mostly spirtual experiances etc, a matter of individual perpective.

37yrs • M •
Yes, I agree with that.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sometimes I wish you would bite your tongue with all these flagrant assumtions of yours, You say I don't know what you are talking about and in refference to what YOU mean and think about them you would be right, thats why I ask questions and instead of answering you just tell me I don't understand. As for what is currently "proveable" can change in an instant. Never say never.

I've probably experienced more spriritual moments than you have, from your expressions. I just don't claim that that is significant beyond what it feels like, because as I've stated it is little different than any drug or other form of escaping from the things in life that make us fear and feel guilt.

As you stated that society as we know it would collapse, well, is that a good or bad thing in your perspective?

Why would you feel such frustration as to call this pointless, if I misunderstand, and you have a good point, help me understand. If you don't like questioning yourself and your ideas, then ya, its pointless.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
Hey, first of all man, I wasn't referring to u when I said learn spirituality!
I was just telling Dumb teen that if she kept on demanding for 'Solid evidence', then that was not possible!

35yrs • M •
Well, everyone becoming enlightned, from an individual's perspective, it would surpass all forms of Joy, but from humanities perpective, it may be harmful becuase then no one would want to have any kids etc, and the human race may just die out or go back to being cave man.

What is the soul? - Page 7
  3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy