Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What is the soul? - Page 4

User Thread
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have a slightly different take on hallucinations, although yours was definitely an interesting one to consider Decius. Most of what we would call hallucinations (probably not all but I would say the better part of them) aren't hallucinations at all. The people are actually seeing something that the rest of us can't see. Like when kids have 'imaginary' friends or kids see dead people or the 'crazy' person walking down the street talking to someone who 'isn't there'. It's like when you see something out of the corner of your eye but when you look it's gone. If you were looking with electrical vision you would see what it is.

Thanks for bringing up religious depictions Decius. The one many of us are likely most familiar with would be Jesus. He is often depicted with a halo around his head. If someone has done the spiritual development necessary to get to Jesus' level of awareness, they too would have the same glow around their head. I'm sure there are countless examples and we could go on and on listing them.

If you have any interest in trying electrical vision I will share with you a method that is most effective for me. (I have to say this... The nature of our aura, as well as our other components that are electric in nature, are of a very high and refined nature so exposing them to high voltage electricity can be damaging. The safest method for seeing the aura is using electrical vision, your own pair of eyes, so I would recommend doing research when considering other methods.) The best time of day to do this is at dusk. Just about the time when you start to turn lights on in your house. You can practice with a person or a plant, even your hand however your hand would be a more difficult place to start. Plants don't have auras the same way people do, they do however have energy fields so it's still electrical vision.

Keep the lights off and put whatever you're practicing with in front of a pale background. What you're doing is looking with the whites of your eyes. It's a very long distance gaze, you're not focussed on anything. Your eyes will want to click back to physical vision because you've been using your eyes one way for most of your life. Just relax and start again. The first thing that may happen is the plant or person will become a black silhouette or may disappear. This is the moment before your vision turns from physical to electrical. If you're practicing with a person you may begin to see a thin white band around the head and shoulders. This is the first level of the aura and is the closest in domain to the physical realm so it's the easiest part to see.

Obviously being open to this helps because if you're stuck in trying to justify it or find the logic in it you maybe have difficulty letting go enough to achieve it.

And I find it's easier to achieve when you're straight. So if the chances of being straight at dusk are slim (LOL) try it first thing in the morning when you're fresh and clear.

Just something fun if you want to try... I'd be curious to know if anyone has any luck.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thought, does anyone with any reasonable authority recognise what you are saying? I mean, not that authority is always right. Often, when the whole world has been blind, exceptional people can be on to something and revolutionize the way we think.

BUT I should that if there is an ounce of truth in what you say, that there'd be someone reasonably trustworthy that has similar views.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The one that comes to mind right away would be Einstein. But I suppose it depends on what you consider to be "reasonably trustworthy". There would be quite a few spiritual teachers who I would consider to be reasonable but you probably would not who have studied it at length. The best I can say at this point is if you're open to it you will find evidence that supports it. The best evidence is to try it yourself and see what happens...

37yrs • M •
Einstein? You aren't serious?

50yrs • F •
Quite serious. Einstein isn't "reasonable authority"? He pretty much devoted his entire life to the subject of energy.

What category of person are looking for then?

37yrs • M •
I mean, does anyone in reasonable authority, reasonably credible know about this "electrical vision" (meaningless words IMHO).

Of course I don't deny energy. I object (and Einstein would too) to a study of energy which seems closer to exploration of human consciousness and hallucinations then reality.

50yrs • F •
Knowing how skeptical you are DT I doubt that I am going to be able to provide the kind of proof you need to justify this in your mind. Everything is open to interpretation and how I would interpret what someone says regarding these realms, I'm certain, is quite different from how you would.

So again the best evidence is personal experience so try it and see what happens...

Or... if staying in the comforts of the physical world and your logical mind helps you to sleep at night then by all means stay there. It's just a valid of an existence as any other. And it's the one we all know so you don't have to step outside of the mass reality in order to explore it.

37yrs • M •
Physical world? No system has better described what we cannot see, hear or touch. Whether its neutrinos or radiowaves, science has found much which is unseen, and proved that they are there.

Now you speak of abandoning logic. Do you know what it is? If you did, you would not throw it away so easily.

50yrs • F •
I haven't abandoned logic. What my logical mind will accept and what yours will accept is very different, because we have lead very different lives. I base my logic on experience. But what I trust to be true goes beyond what I have seen because, logic to me tells me that there is a hell of a lot more going on than we realize, therefore logically I am able to accept these possibilities.

You have described the soul in this thread as something we all have, as a part of us that is not physical, a part we cannot see. Has science or logic proven to you that the soul exists? Probably not. Yet you believe it regardless of logic. If you're willing to take it that far, why not a little further?

Is it because the soul would be considered common thought and is more widely accepted?

37yrs • M •
The way I have defined the soul makes it a fundamentaly subjective thing, unproveable by science, but its also so self-evident to any conscious being that its beyond question.

50yrs • F •
Well said DT. That's exactly how I feel regarding elements within our reality esisting beyond that which we can see with our eyes and perhaps find in any textbook. It's just that my idea of the possibilities of the number of entities that can exist go far beyond just the soul.

Einstein said "Matter is energy, energy is light. Human beings are light beings."

37yrs • M •
" It's just that my idea of the possibilities of the number of entities that can exist go far beyond just the soul. "
I have seen nothing to that effect. And of course I don't see the soul as anything special. Not as an entity but simply perhaps a number or letter. It just says "this entity is bound to this corpse and not all the other corpses".

50yrs • F •
"I have seen nothing to that effect."

You have seen nothing to the effect of the soul either yet you believe it exists. Think of how many different entities exist in the physical reality... billions, maybe more. Yet you are telling me that the only thing that exists in the energetic realm is the soul?

Think how inter-dependent everything is that exists in the physical reality. Would the same principal not apply to any other realm? With that in mind could the soul really survive being the only entity of an energetic nature?

37yrs • M •
"You have seen nothing to the effect of the soul either yet you believe it exists. Think of how many different entities exist in the physical reality... billions, maybe more. Yet you are telling me that the only thing that exists in the energetic realm is the soul?"
'energetic realm' If anything YOU are energy. Matter and energy are the same thing, THIS IS THE ENERGETIC REALM.

" With that in mind could the soul really survive being the only entity of an energetic nature?"
Define 'energetic'. I suspect its just a word to replace 'spiritual', 'shadow', 'virtual' or what have you.

As I said, as I see the soul, it is not 'energetic' or whatever you want to call it. Rather, it is something absolutely self-evident to every conscious being. Every conscious being can differentiate between the "me" and the "other" (and this is NOT the same as differentiating two individuals). Even if there is nothing physical about it, there is that little bit of information, that says "this consciousness is stuck onto this body". But it is nonexistent to all but you.

37yrs • M •
And I don't mean that we take our soul with us when we die.

What is the soul? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy