I was working on a flat tax proposal and I accidentally proved there's no god. - Homer Simpson
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

why do you believe in god? - Page 7

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
exactly, thank you DumbTeen

Cantersha, you have read something which you believe to be true, you have not "read the truth"

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cantersha is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
decius belives in what he belives i belive in what i belive
i will be justifed in the end
how do you know what i read?
the jewish scholars hundreds of years before
you dont want to know the truth
i set out to find it and i found it

"your only poor when you compare yourself with the man down the street."
 40yrs • M •
that is my point, this whole string of posts has been pointless because nobody got anywhere. i hope the admins delete all this crap...

38yrs • M •
you dont want to know the truth?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well Cantersha, please share your truth. I mean, quote the text show us the math.

Besides the fact you have destroyed the need for faith. You say you need faith in Christ's resurection and yet you have proof Christ is God.

Could Christ be God and not be resurected?

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 40yrs • M •
show us your "truth" cantersha, i am interested.

38yrs • M •
let me start by saying that
let the lord God jesus christ be praised
that their are some who do want it

"But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times" micah 5:2

there is more over the birth of the lord it said to be 300 of these prophecies

jesus christ was the pronounced king of israel the calling of the messiah was to be born in bethlem

oh for clarity "acient" means that the lord was around from the start of the age "the world as we know it"

38yrs • M •
"After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him." When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. When he had called together all the people's chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Christ was to be born. "In Bethlehem in Judea," they replied, "for this is what the prophet has written: "'But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will be the shepherd of my people Israel.'"
mathew 2 : 1-6

38yrs • M •
he was to be born of a virgin

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." isaiah 7:14

She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"-- which means, "God with us." mathew 1 21-23

38yrs • M •
their is a story of jesus in egypt

"Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared. He sent them to Bethlehem and said, "Go and make a careful search for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him." After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh. And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route. When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. "Get up," he said, "take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him." So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: "Out of Egypt I called my son." mathew 2 1-7

their is prophecy too
When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son." {God talking } Hosea 11:1

p.s Jesus christ is refered as the son of God in the trinity(trinity long story cant explain right now)

38yrs • M •
their is a lot More i cant really QUote all of them right now
at this present time

if its a little hard to read dont worry, the first time you read it
it always is

their is some on judas its really intresting l will try and find with the lords help

38yrs • M •
if you read it once i suggest you read it again

38yrs • M •
I found it
the Bit with Judas first the Bible

Early in the morning, all the chief priests and the elders of the people came to the decision to put Jesus to death. They bound him, led him away and handed him over to Pilate, the governor. When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty silver coins to the chief priests and the elders. "I have sinned," he said, "for I have betrayed innocent blood." "What is that to us?" they replied. "That's your responsibility." So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself. The chief priests picked up the coins and said, "It is against the law to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money." So they decided to use the money to buy the potter's field as a burial place for foreigners. That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day. Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty silver coins, the price set on him by the people of Israel, and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the Lord commanded me."
mathew 27 1-4

the great prophet

told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter"-- the handsome price at which they priced me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD to the potter."
zechariah 11 12-13

this one took me a little time to understand but i finally got it in the end

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wiley, a while back you asked "Why do some people may have this "feeling of a force" and why others may not? why might it be inherent in some but not others"

In my opinion it is not that God doesnt allow or want certain people to believe, or that he does not bless them with His presence. In many cases, I think that it is just that some people NEED it, you know? Like they have an emptyiness that can only be filled with the joy and Love that only God can give. Some hearts have walls that jucst cant be broken through.

I dont know if this answers your questiond Wiley, but like I've told you before, I am really bad at expressing myself... I hope someone can answer in a way that is more clear.

xox Chrissie

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 38yrs • M •
the real amaising thing about all of this is that no one has found the time to write a real good book on the absoulute countless documents that are out their

But i remembered Jesus christ is unpopular in the eyes of the world
books that create God into a man and fleshy dreamers have made bestsellers
the blood and the grail
di vinci code
nothing but lies to me

why do you believe in god? - Page 7
  3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy