Take your favorite quote or phrase with the word 'life' and replace it with 'wife', in order to make it more interesting. But don't say it out loud at an inopportune moment, on fear of losing your wife. - ravenclaw
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does GOD Not Existed?

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
be30mple is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Does GOD Not Existed?
hey guys..
I'm new to this site ..but i had lots of discussions before..
anyway
u all know my question...give me your ideas...I believe in GOD..and i'm intrested to hear from those who do not believe in GOD...tell me Y!

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Count how many innocents Stalin and Mao sent to camps. Count how many starvation claims today. Count how many have died and die of the Black Plague, Malaria and AIDS. Count how many souls God's Jihads and Crusades have claimed.
Remember that God has failed to reveal himself completely to 2 billion Chinese and Indians.
Remember that the Jews and Muslims still slay one another over Holy Land.
Remember that the Christian West is letting millions die in Africa and letting many more millions live in poverty in Asia and the Middle East.
Remember that the last century, was the bloodiest century in the history of man.
Tell me how many human beings are ravaged by disease, poverty, starvation and war today.

Now tell me how I could ever believe in God.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 41yrs • M •
NevaEndinThinkr is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Probaly its becus people who dont believe like you cause all this cus god has already loss to much to the devil and he allows the devil to claim so much people and allow all these tradigies so that the other promising few cud wake up and no him to live by his will and recieve the rewards and plus there wont be no need for gods salvation if the whole world was good and humans didnt have freewill cus our greatest weakness is our freewill which is usually driven by selfishness.

The world would have been a better place if god didnt be so generous to give us freewill and jus decided to save everyone cus he loves everyone but he had to give them the choice to love him

thats my opinion if u understand it

dwight

"Nothing\\\'s Impossible, It Just Hasn\\\'t Been Done Yet"
 37yrs • M •
be30mple is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
that's a good point...
my answer is...> u say there are lots of people around the world dying because of AIDS...or war..or there are lots of inoccent children in hospitals thar are going to die?
Let me tell u something...what if I shoot a child and nothing happen?..what if a child fall down from a tall tower and then stand up and walk away?..is this what u r talking about...the same thing is right about deseases like AIDS...GOD creat this world with its RULES...if for some reason someone get HIV..then he will die...u think that is so cruel? ok go on and find a solution for HIV...GOD creat every thing(that u may call it PROBLEM) for us to search about and improve...so all these harmful events around the world are under rules!

37yrs • M •
This world is God's. He created it and he created us. God is All Knowing and All Powerful. He knew that death, famine and war would await the Earth when he created it.

37yrs • M •
so u agree?
i didn't get it..
u jus said HOW can i believe in GOD??!!

37yrs • M •
be30mple - how can you believe in an omnibenevolent, omnipotent and omniscient being when there's so much evil around you?

Decius, please tell 11 million holocaust victims that they are inconsequential.
Its all fine that using abstract reasoning nothing really matters, indeed nothing matters, we're just a few atoms on a small world of a normal sun in an average galaxy. However, regardless of any reasoning, what matters is human life, and the pains and pleasures of mankind.
You cannot just sweep these under the carpet and call them inconsequential.

37yrs • M •
I think u miss understand what I said...
I said if u shoot a bullet to the head of a child,then i would say YES..the child SHOULD die...otherwise it would be so funny ..then we can use a child az a basketball ball ..coz nothing would hurt the child....
see ..it's really simple..this world has rules...GOD creat them...and if we break these rules GOD will punish us...
let me put it this way...>think about any sport game...
for example soccer ..it has so many rules...and the one who creat rules is not the referee (it's FIFA) but u see..there is always a referee in a game while they can let the players play and after any match the FIFA punish any player that did something wrong...
see..even in human creater u can find rules and judges...
if we don't judge people and punish them for something wrong that hey do..then our society will tore apart...
it has nothing to do with GOD...even if we don't punish for example criminals..GOD will punish them...!

37yrs • M •
dumb teen-i didn't get it...
I didn't say that all these people that are suffering and dying are inconsequential,did I?and I didn't even meant it...
yes they are important..as a human I can't stand here and millions of people die in war...but it has nothing to do with existance of GOD...
GOD will punish them anyway...(i mean terrorists or whatever)
U know what is the problem....?
the problem is that U compare GOD with HUMANS ...GOD is NOT human..you can not compare size of an elephent with tast of and apple...I mean they are two different unrelated things...
think about what I said and if U undrestand it answer this question....>
If u had the GOD's power(u r still human)would u stop the september 11th event?

37yrs • M •
Dec..-sorryyyyy....i didn't get ur point...
I'm 17 years old iranian boy,living in toronto,i'm studying ENGLISH...my English is not that bad..but sorry again I couldn't understand ur main point...
anyway..i will right an answer for what i get..
u said GOD can't simply JUDGE...as I answer to Dumb teen...the problem is that we compare GOd with our self...
can u tell me more about it..Y GOD can't simply JUDGE every one?

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I belive god is the winner of a theistic showdown the most appealing of powers- man created God god did not create man. Dieties are an invention - tales told to explain things that we never had answers for and may never have answers for- people are scarred, we are sentient but alone the thought of a forgiving lord and cozy afterlife are the tonics for our fears of death and lonliness.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 41yrs • M •
NevaEndinThinkr is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
ok theres alot being said about bad things happening to people and people making bad decisions to do bad things what it all comes back to is freewill again i mean come on we talk about people who do criminal acts or bad stuff dont matter how much excuses or reasons they make it all comes down to themselves their choice led them to their punishment not god. god aint punishing no one we punish ourselves i mean look at this way lets say someone kills someone and then tried to blame it on everyone and everything else except themselves but when it comes down to reality hello they did it they made the decision in their mind to perform the act then they physically performed the act so it was their freewill that condemn them not god. Now u might try question about the victim in this case of murder i mean u might say did the victims freewill kill him i say yes the victims freewill had something to do wit it first their freewill and wrong choices may have led them to the incident if it was a spur of the moment murder or lets say they were held hostage or had time to do wateva if you look at it if u have faith u would not give up you will not chose to die you will chose to do anything to save yourself but most people jus make the wrong decision there to they either give up and accept that this is their end where as that is a decision made by freewill to die or they make a decision to save themselves but it is not aided by the rightous state of mind and they still endup dieing but it all comes down to their freewill and the will of others that punishes us and cuses so much problems in this world.

so we have to just try to stop letting our freewill (choices) from being influence by the choices of others and the world and start making our choices relative to gods will and let god be the complete reason behind our choices in life.

i dont no if yall understand this cus i is jus type but if u do good and i am always open to any opinions.

Dwight E. Fox
Bahamas

37yrs • M •
"think about what I said and if U undrestand it answer this question....
If u had the GOD's power(u r still human)would u stop the september 11th event?"
Let me put things straight. The Christian God is omnipotent (can do anything), omniscient (knows everything) and omnibenevolent (infinitely good).
What kind of God would create rules leading to the world we live in today? Not a very Christian one.
If I were God, I'd destroy my imperfection then stop all evil from happening. That includes 9/11 but there are many other things which deserve a much higher priority.

Oh and apart from the sheer blatant evil roaming around earth which makes a christian God improbable, lets not forget that many atheists (myself included) never had a reason to believe in God.
Why should I believe in God? Is there proof? Is there even evidence? Plenty of books claim I should believe in God, but none back up their claims with confirmable facts.

Lets be clear, there is no objective reason I know of to believe in God and furthermore the concept of the Christian God is incompatible with this universe given the evil that exists in it.

41yrs • M •
If i were god i cud not have stop 9/11 cus it will go against the freewill of the terrorist who chose to perform them horrible acts but i will be there with open arms welcoming all the new believers that came to god becus they came to reality from that horrible act. all i saying is these things happen becus of the people who are influenece by the devil and choose to perform these acts wit their granted gift of freewill and god the loving being he is is forced to let these person have their freewill granted becus god has given us that great gift that is our greatest downfall cus honestly dumdteen if god wouldnt have given us freewill everyone would being living and there will be no exsistance of sin the world would be perfect cus god will like umm cus he loves everyone he would jus make them saved but no he gave us that freewill and that left us to fall to ourselves and get influence by the evil that is yes so rampant in this world today. i wish god would have jus taken away our freewill long time my life and yours and all the people who die in all these tragedies lifes would have been much greater but i am happy that he gave me freewill so i dont feel that i am totallyy force into anything but i still chosse to follow the rightous path with all the evil going on in the world still and i have even more satisfaction jus becus i no that i chose the right way and saved myself.

Dont no if i got that out completely right but bare wit me i am a busy pc technician.

Dwight E. Fox
Bahamas

37yrs • M •
I'm back guys...
sorry I was soooo BZ ...
anyway..let me answer you...and maby ask u..
NevaEndin...-if u were GOD..and if I were GOD..and I believe anyothere human if were GOD..we would stop 9/11...coz we are good people..and we don't want otheres to die(not talking about terrorist..)..so how come we would stop it and the GOD of christian people didn't stop it?
------------
first of all...i like GOD of christian people..because it's exactly the same as god of muslem people(lol)
GOD(the most merciful the most beneficent) didn't stop it..and will not stop any other case like this(or what ever) coz he is GOD..Let me explain..
As i said ..don't compare God with your self...and tell me what would happen if god stop any harmful event in the world?..
sorry i have exam tomarow and have to go and study...
i will explain it more later...
and 1 more point before I forget...
Dumb teen....>Do u think all this world (i mean the Univers) hase been created by it self?
what does that mean?..I really can't undrestand...U think all these rules in the world have no creator...so where did they come from?...
and let me give u a simple example...>imagin that u r in the middle of sea...there is no one there..and there is a horrible storm...and u have to swim jus to no where!!!
then in that time...is there any hope for u to get to the sea side safely?...jus tell me would u have any hope or not...(imagin of the worst situation in the sea).

Does GOD Not Existed?
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy